Hey all. Just received a passport. Never held one before but initial thoughts are it feels nice.

I used to have a bold. Loved the keyboard. My wife used to have a classic for work. That felt really nice too and i know i would love that keyboard.

My question is how long did it take you to get used to the keyboard? Do you like it better than something smaller like the classic? Do you like it less than a smaller one but other aspects of the phone make you stick with the passport?

I am asking as i have a window to return the phone and get the classic, just want to make sure i consider all things (like for example i love the flick up predictive text on my z30 and i believe the pp has that).

Basically... as a bold lover will i love the pp enough to make me not want a classic?
    02-08-16 08:38 PM
    I went from a Bold to an Android LG Nexus 5 to my Passport SE 2 weeks ago. I absolutely love the Passport and have no regrets at all about switching from the Nexus 5! It has taken me no time at all to get used to the keyboard on my Passport.

I suggest the Passport. You will much prefer the bigger screen vs the Classic
    02-08-16 08:53 PM
    It took me roughly a week to get used to the size of the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 08:55 PM
    I went from a Bold to an Android LG Nexus 5 to my Passport SE 2 weeks ago. I absolutely love the Passport and have no regrets at all about switching from the Nexus 5! It has taken me no time at all to get used to the keyboard on my Passport.

I suggest the Passport. You will much prefer the bigger screen vs the Classic
    Thanks. So you dumped the nexus alltogether? I have a s6. I was going to use both. I am not an app junkie by any stretch but it is nice to have options. Was going to keep my main sim in the bb though as they seem to be better as phones.
    02-08-16 09:26 PM
    Hey all. Just received a passport. Never held one before but initial thoughts are it feels nice.

I used to have a bold. Loved the keyboard. My wife used to have a classic for work. That felt really nice too and i know i would love that keyboard.

My question is how long did it take you to get used to the keyboard? Do you like it better than something smaller like the classic? Do you like it less than a smaller one but other aspects of the phone make you stick with the passport?

I am asking as i have a window to return the phone and get the classic, just want to make sure i consider all things (like for example i love the flick up predictive text on my z30 and i believe the pp has that).

Basically... as a bold lover will i love the pp enough to make me not want a classic?
    Hi, Bracque,

I came from a Z30 and Q10, although the Passport works a bit different. I found it not a big task to change too the Passport. It's fast and intuitive and made me feel at home right away. I still have a 9900 as my daily work horse. Now if I could change that with my Passport I would be very happy.
    02-08-16 10:51 PM
    I find the placement of the space bar a bit perplexing, and I tend to press the on-screen letters too hard as I find it a little difficult to adjust between the two.
    02-08-16 11:17 PM
    Don't forget that the keyboard is also touch enabled for scrolling and erasing words.

Passport SQW 100-1 OS 10.3.2.2813 Winnipeg,MB
    02-08-16 11:38 PM
    Don't forget that the keyboard is also touch enabled for scrolling and erasing words.
    This is good advice! ... and I'm not just agreeing as fellow (former) Winnipeger! I often forget that I can erase words with the keyboard - it's a great feature.

It took me a few days to get used to typing on the keyboard, and now I wonder how I ever typed with a fourth row. The biggest sell for me is the screen real estate. I watch the occasional video on my phone, but primarily do a lot of texting/emailing/bbming, so I love getting more than just a couple of messages on the screen at a time. I'm not sure what your mobile needs are, but if you're watching a ton of videos or streaming content on your phone, this may not be the best for that, but for me, this is the best phone I've ever owned. The only thing that I miss from my old Bold is the physical 'end call' button.

SIdenote - make sure you load Snap on there so that you have access to all of the Android apps that aren't in the Amazon App Store.
    02-08-16 11:47 PM
    It took me about 3 days to get used to the keyboard and once I did, i lost the ability to type on every other blackberry keyboard hahaha. Keep on confusing V,B,N when i type on friends android/ios phones and even my q10 haha. You're going to absolutely love this keyboard in a few more days, trust me! Especially the swiping to enter a word, and scrolling the internet with the keyboard, and all the other gestures!!!
    02-09-16 12:28 AM
    Give it one month, and use it nonstop. I have a Classic too, and after about a month I typed on my Passport as quickly as I do on a regular keyboard. It just takes time to get to know where the period and comma and quotes are on the virtual keyboard on the screen.. but I typed all the punctuation in this comment without looking.

The Passport is just a little lesson in training your brain how to type differently. I compare it to riding a bike and driving a car. I know how to do both, and I don't forget how to do one because I spend more time on the other.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 02:35 AM
    Took about a week to adjust to it and type fluently.
    Took about a month to master the touch features and use them fluently. We'll to use them and not forget that they are there to use.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-09-16 05:24 AM
    Glad to hear it. I have a s6 so my thoughts are not to worry too much about android apps on this pp. Am i wrong in thinking as time goes by the android apps will start to go buggy as they are updated to newer versions of android? Or is slit still worth loading them up?

Thanks.
    02-09-16 05:51 AM
    And why is it bad for video content, what with the big screen. It has youtube or is that crap on bb10?

Thanks.
    02-09-16 06:23 AM
    I used a Z10 and Q10 before I jumped the gun on a Passport SE. The adjustment on the new keyboard took me a few days. From time to time, I still mistaken "Z" to an alt key.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 06:23 AM
    Yup. I haven't touched my Nexus 5 in the few weeks since I got my Passport SE! The Passport is far superior for messaging, email, etc in my opinion.

I expect to be selling my Nexus 5 soon....

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 07:46 AM
    I used a Z10 and Q10 before I jumped the gun on a Passport SE. The adjustment on the new keyboard took me a few days. From time to time, I still mistaken "Z" to an alt key.

Posted via CB10
    I often hit the Z key thinking that it's the Alt. Glad it's not just me.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 07:52 AM
    I still prefer 9900's keyboard. But I am pretty fine for pp's keyboard as well.
    For me it took about a week to get familiar with the weird layout.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 08:50 AM
    I still prefer 9900's keyboard. But I am pretty fine for pp's keyboard as well.
    For me it took about a week to get familiar with the weird layout.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. And no thoughts of going to the classic?
    02-09-16 09:40 AM
    I bought passport SE ten days back and I m loving it
    Has s6 note 4 before and it really great upgrade

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 10:47 AM
    I started with the Z10 at launch, and upgraded to the Passport when it was released! I love my Passport the keyboard and performance are un matched. I use a Classic which is required for work. It's great, but the Passport for me is the best!

Posted with a Awesome "Blackberry Passport"!!!
    02-10-16 11:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha same

Posted via my Awesome Passport or still going strong Z30
    02-10-16 01:41 PM
    Yep. The missing alt key is really bad every day. I really can't understand why on earth would they throw away a 20 year long established concept. Sure it's innovative but mostly it is hampering input speed when I have to hit the right onscreen "key". And the option to pull down the virtual keyboard for special characters is also not that good as you have to internalise the position as you otherwise won't have an advantage over reaching on the virtual keyboard to press the key.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 01:57 PM
    It took me about a week or so to adapt to the keyboard coming from the Z30. What I love most about the Passport is the speed when it comes to loading pretty much anything.

It's really a great phone although I had thoughts of getting the Classic at first but those thoughts went away the more I used the Passport.

The keyboard is a little weird at first because there are no alt keys on the PKB itself. But swiping down on the PKB and pressing the buttons that corresponds to a character or punctuation is good enough for me! Long press to capitalize letters are convenient too.

Hopefully you adapt to your new Passport soon!

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 02:42 PM
    On my third day with my PP coming from a z30. After a year and half tapping on glass the pkb feels really weird but I am getting used to it.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 02:50 PM
    That raises a question. Would it be possible to change the assignment of the keys after the pull down action? Because right now writing Umlaute or any other special characters in other languages is just a pain. (so i.e. �, � or �). If it would be possible to have with one swipe down or maybe two the � on the a or the � on the � that would increase my typing speed by at least 10 %. Is there maybe an app for that.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 04:37 PM
42 12