Giving the passport a try for a week. This is day two. I am impressed so far but I for sure I am struggling with the physical keyboard.

Not sure if my fingers are two big or what. I know this won't happen overnight.

John

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 11:33 AM
    It will take a couple days to get used to the feel of physical keys and having to apply more pressure than tapping the glass.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 11:37 AM
    I did the same switch that you did a few months ago. It took me a few days to get used to the keyboard. I now think it's great and really like the Swipe feature to select words proposed by the Passport.

Posted using my BlackBerry Passport
    04-18-15 11:38 AM
    Virtual to pkb is quite a switch for your fingers. At first the pressure needed seems extreme. After three days for me it wasn't too bad. Now two and a half weeks later I'm typing like a pro again.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 12:49 PM
    It will take a couple days to get used to the feel of physical keys and having to apply more pressure than tapping the glass.

Posted via CB10
    i agree, the main problem is to get used to pushing instead of tapping. One more week, and everything will be fine and better.
    04-18-15 05:37 PM
    Took me four days to get used to the keyboard
    04-18-15 05:58 PM
    My response below is coming from a guy that uses a Passport and iPhone 6 Plus (swapping almost daily): I say, use ONLY the Passport for about a week. You should be fine after that. I always have issues typing when I return to my Passport from my iPhone...
    04-18-15 07:17 PM
    I am coming from the 6 hopefully the passport fits my needs better than the iPhone did.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 09:11 PM
    You'll need to give it some time to adjust to a new keyboard. After switching from Q10 to Passport my typing speeds reduced big time and it took a couple of days to slowly get better again. Even after switching from Passport back to Classic it took me a short time to again adjust to the traditional 4-row layout again.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 01:50 AM
    My recommendation is to just use the Passport's keyboard as much as possible. Download an app like TypeTutorPro. It's free to use and is great for building muscle memory for typing and is a much more productive time waster than Crossy Road when you are trying to improve your efficiency.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    chgaida likes this.
    04-19-15 03:09 AM
    When you switch back you'll miss the physical keyboard.. At least I did.
    04-19-15 09:24 AM
    Took me about 4 days to get used to the keyboard,

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 09:42 AM
    You'll eventually get used to it but but you probably won't get to the speed of typing that you get on a vkb.
    04-19-15 10:41 AM
    You'll eventually get used to it but but you probably won't get to the speed of typing that you get on a vkb.
    ^This. At least for me, I've never been as fast on my Passport as I've been on my iPhone. I'm not sure why since I've certainly done my share of typing on the PP, including using TypeTutorPro as mentioned above. Maybe I'm just hard-wired for a virtual keyboard? I might be switching over to a Classic in the next couple of weeks. Will be interesting to see if I'm faster on that device.
    04-19-15 11:15 AM