I just bought a New Passport and I Love It. But the thing is that viber, facebook and fb messenger ist good, any solutions please I'm new!! I'm coming from iphone 6s and I like the passport over the iphone much much more and I whant to keep it as my daily phone. Is there any solution that works smoth and connected the time? Ty in advance

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 08:47 AM
    Congrats on your purchase! Happy to hear you enjoy the BB experience.

I recommend following the instructions on this thread to install Google Play Store:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ctions-985344/
    10-12-16 09:07 AM
    Ty, it's ry special. in on it. I will report back as soon as I install

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 09:15 AM
    So I have the play store up and working but viber is crashing, not opening at all

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 09:48 AM
    There will be many App that will no longer work on BlackBerry 10. Have you tried patching that App?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 10:03 AM
    So I have the play store up and working but viber is crashing, not opening at all

Posted via CB10
    I know nothing about Viber, but if the newest version does not work you may have to go to a web site such as this: https://www.apkmirror.com/?s=viber&p...searchtype=apk and download and install an older version. Make sure that you uninstall your Viber app first, then maybe reboot your device BEFORE trying an older version. You are going to find out that MANY (not all though) apps will be challenging to use, especially as time goes by. The android runtime in your Passport is on version 4.3 and apps are increasingly difficult to install.
    10-12-16 10:12 AM
    For facebook I use the native already installed app for notifications and messenger.

And to browse Facebook I use the BlackBerry browser and create a home screen icon.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 11:14 AM
    Thank you all for the efford replaying i will try i love the pasporrt
    10-12-16 02:05 PM
    Well I bought my phone today I dont know how to patch apps? Any help or how to tutorial?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 02:27 PM
    Return your Passport and buy a PRIV.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and andy957 like this.
    10-12-16 03:25 PM
    Well I bought my phone today I dont know how to patch apps? Any help or how to tutorial?

Posted via CB10
    Did you read the whole post where you downloaded Google Play from Cobalt. There is a link there and info on doing it.

Owning a BB10 phone is a lot of work, and the whole experience is downhill from here.... Don't think Viber needs to be patched, you need to install an older version that is more compatible with the Passports outdated software.
    10-12-16 03:37 PM
    Look for "Facebook Lite" not aftermarket but real Facebook offering not on Google Playstore... here:

http://www.androidapksfree.com/apk/f...sion-download/

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-12-16 05:13 PM
    What was so great about the battery life that people kept raving about? I'm lucky if I get 7 hrs of battery life. Definitely doesn't last the whole day

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 05:16 PM
    Well I got viber up and runing with version 5.6.5 it works great, but only syncing contacts from local storage, bought face10 pro I kinda like it, I dont like the priv because I dont like android I will try facebook lite, battery life isnt perfect but is twice as better than iphone 6s ty all for support

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 07:43 AM
    What was so great about the battery life that people kept raving about? I'm lucky if I get 7 hrs of battery life. Definitely doesn't last the whole day

Posted via CB10
    Unless you are using your device ALL the time, there is something weird going on--android apps, constant email synching etc etc. You should get much better battery life than this.
    coffee-turtle and andy957 like this.
    10-13-16 09:47 AM
    I havee it two days, and im all over it that was not a complain btw its all good

Posted via CB10
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    10-13-16 09:51 AM
    Posted via CB10
    Attachment 409957. That 9hrs will change to 6 hrs usually. The battery just sucks for me
    10-13-16 09:52 AM
    I havee it two days, and im all over it that was not a complain btw its all good

Posted via CB10
    It is a great phone and had a lot of potential, and some are able to still use it everyday.... but it's not for everyone. Hope your next phone works out better for you....
    andy957 likes this.
    10-13-16 10:24 AM
    Hmmmm
    With no whatsapp support after 2016 and with no major app support on BB10
    I am sure you gonna miss your 6S soon
    Till then enjoy the dead OS

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 10:45 AM
    Well I use mostly the browser, facebook, viber and those seem to work just fine, browsing the web is better than iphone, why dead os blackberry wont continue the os?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 10:50 AM
    Becuase not enough developers would create apps for it, and thus not enough people bought phones running it. In the end it was about money.

That and the lack of understanding on the part of BlackBerry's old managment.... Platform war started about 2007, by 2013 they were already over.
    andy957 likes this.
    10-13-16 01:13 PM
    I easily get 2 full days, sometimes 3, but that is a stretch.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 01:22 PM
    Really depends on how much you use it as well as the apps on your phone. I find my battery life varies dependent on how hard I use it. Sometimes I can go whole day, other times I need an afternoon top up.
    10-13-16 03:10 PM
    I just bought a New Passport and I Love It. But the thing is that viber, facebook and fb messenger ist good, any solutions please I'm new!! I'm coming from iphone 6s and I like the passport over the iphone much much more and I whant to keep it as my daily phone. Is there any solution that works smoth and connected the time? Ty in advance

Posted via CB10
    And another new Passport user coming from iPhone... Welcome, there are a number of us.

In addition to Cobalt's Play Store solution, for FB and FB Messenger, consider trying out the 'Lite' versions. You need to enable Install From Unknown Sources first though:

BlackBerry Passport - How to install apps from unknown sources

FB Lite and FB Messenger Lite:

Facebook Lite 18.0.0.4.146 APK Download by Facebook - APKMirror
    Messenger Lite 1.1 APK Download by Facebook - APKMirror

Also, would recommend "Browsie Browser" (paid app), "NavFree" (offline navigation) and "Reddit In Motion" (free) from BlackBerry World. Browsie Browser allows you to change your browser useragent and has ad blocking.
    10-13-16 07:23 PM
    I love the BlackBerry browser for offline mappin I use maps.me, I find it easy to use and lots of feauters but I'll try Navfree to, reddit in motion I dont know what that is I will install and try ty

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 03:33 AM
34 12