Do you use a Holster with your BlackBerry Passport? How does it feel on the hip all day long?

I visited a AT&T store that was out of my hometown the other day to check out the BlackBerry Passport and Classic. The Passport is massive compared my Q10. Now I've been wearing my BlackBerry devices holstered since 2009 starting with my 8900 followed by my 9000, followed by my Z10 and now my Q10. The holster has become part of my right hip to the point that while bowling, if I take it off my balance feels off.

For the Passport Holster users, how does the holster feel? Too heavy? Too large? Impractical? I held the tied down Passport unit to my hip and it looks enormous but at the same time I can imagine it being awesome in an OEM holster.
    What are your thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 09:42 AM
    Same question. Started with 950, then 957... then 9900, now Q10. Always extra battery, though the 957 had insane standby time!

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 09:54 AM
    I use a holster all the time for my passport, dose not feel bad

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 10:06 AM
    I use the CrackBerry Holster. The only difference I find between say a Q10 holstered or a Passport holstered is the Passport can be a bit big when sitting in a car with the holster on.

The CrackBerry holster is a good buy and has the same high quality belt clip as the BlackBerry Brand holsters.
    05-01-15 10:09 AM
    I have the Seido surface case and holster. I waited and waited for it - as I've also pretty much always used a holster. But it's been worth every cent.
    It's no more noticeable than any other phone I've had (Z10, Z30, Q10 and several others).

Only thing with the Seido holster is that it takes a bit to find the right angle to lock it in first try. But you figure it out.
    But it's stable and solid. Very happy with it.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 10:12 AM
    I use both the Smartphone Experts leather holster and the Seidi case/holster combo -- whichever appeals to me most on that day. The SPE holster is easier to use.

No issues with bulk for either.
    05-01-15 10:59 AM
    I don't use any holder or case.
    Why?
    It hides my Passport beauty and make it bulky.

Posted via Tapatalk with BlackBerry Passport 10.3.2.500
    05-01-15 11:02 AM
    I also have the Seidio holster and case. I also carry an iphone (for work) on my hip. I was worried about having two phones in holsters. But its not bad at all.

I do wish the Seidio case had the BlackBerry logo visible. Almost didn't buy it because it isn't apparent what my phone is now.

Bill
    05-01-15 11:22 AM
    Couldn't get a holster for Passport. Though had for Bold. Not for z10 or curve

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 11:48 AM
    I'm a holster user and always need one. I used to like the BlackBerry branded one but couldn't justify the cost. I ended up getting one from storyleather. Have been very happy with it. They offer a lot of options.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 01:47 PM
    The holster has become part of my right hip to the point that while bowling, if I take it off my balance feels off.

What are your thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    You probably going to need to recalibrate your balance once you started using and putting the Passport to your pants... with or without holster...

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 03:59 PM
    I have the BB OEM and Seido. I like the OEM quality but it won't take a case so when you take it out, its exposed to being dropped etc when in use. The Seido is probably a smarter choice since its protected out of the holster.
    05-01-15 05:02 PM
    I agree about the Seidio Holster/Case combo. It's very secure and it can swivel. I don't even notice it being there. Excellent.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 05:08 PM
    I use the Seidio surface holster, in combination with the OEM case (and a layer of mousepad material on the holster face to make up the thickness).

If wearing jeans I will wear the holster on the rear edge of my front pant pocket, seems to be about the right height to not interfere with tshirts when they are not tucked in. When I wear work pants I wear it on my belt.

Either way it's not that tall so it doesn't feel too weird. I think the Z30 was more of an issue than the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 05:57 PM
    I mentioned it else where, I got the body glove and holster from at&t, I needed a case, and it was cheaper than any other one with the internet discount. The case is okay, I'm not thrilled with it, but that's just the type of case. I would have preferred an otter box style case where it snaps on from both the front and the back. I also wish the holster would let the phone slide in touchscreen side out, I get that it is faced in to protect it, but sometimes I want to just un-clip phone and start using it. Taking it out is still troublesome.

Anyways, for using the holster itself, the phone is too big for me, no holster is going to change this. I haven't found a place to put it on my belt/waist line where it doesn't interfere with my arms or twisting/bending when I'm picking/grabbing at something. If I'm at a desk, I take it off and set it next to computer screen. If I'm walking around, I put it in my front pocket. The only time I found having it in holster was okay was when I was out for a hike and took it out to take pictures. Any other time when I'm moving around, I don't normally need to look at my phone frequently, it's either I'm taking a call and it stays out, or I'm listening to music and it stays in pocket.
    05-01-15 06:43 PM
    I have the Seidio holster and surface case. Works really well.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-01-15 07:01 PM
    I like the body Glove holster. It seems to hold this phone closer to the body than my previous phones (Q10, Z30, Classic, 9930). It doesn't get knocked around or bang into things. Fits very well under my jacket or a shirt.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    05-01-15 07:06 PM
    I just got the Seido holster for the naked AT&T Passport and love it. Used my pocket exclusively for two months before that and now have dust older the front facing camera.

Passport (Round), 10.3.1.2708 on AT&T
    05-01-15 07:31 PM
    I wish the seidio case was a little tight fit on the passport. I sold mine cause my passport moved up and down in the case. The seidio holster is great. So now I use the passport leather flex shell. Perfect fit.
    05-01-15 08:46 PM
    I wish the seidio case was a little tight fit on the passport. I sold mine cause my passport moved up and down in the case. The seidio holster is great. So now I use the passport leather flex shell. Perfect fit.
    Yes I found it moves around a little too. I still prefer the the OEM holster. For the case I went from the flex back to the hardshell just to get a better grip and I never really used the kickstand that much.
    05-01-15 09:24 PM
    I don't use the kickstand at all. I just like how it still gives the passport that clean look. Plus it was $18 on amazon lol.
    05-02-15 12:07 AM
    I don't use the kickstand at all. I just like how it still gives the passport that clean look. Plus it was $18 on amazon lol.
    It's the same look as the hardshell - just a different texture on the back and the bottom is open.
    05-02-15 12:23 AM
    Naked Passport always goes in shirt pocket. I actually won't buy a shirt without a suitable pocket for the Passport now. The Passport takes priority.

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    05-02-15 12:56 AM
    I use the turtleback leather holster. It has a bit of swivel but looks nice. It's sturdy and holds the passport snugly. The passport at first seems a bit big on the waist, but you get use to it like any other phone. I'm a large man, so it fits my size quite nicely. :-)

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 01:26 AM
    I use the turtleback leather holster. It has a bit of swivel but looks nice. It's sturdy and holds the passport snugly. The passport at first seems a bit big on the waist, but you get use to it like any other phone. I'm a large man, so it fits my size quite nicely. :-)

Posted via CB10
    The size is a concern of mine, I have a slim build and I already have enough stuff hanging off my hip at work. My chiropractor isn't a big fan of it when he shops around my work place but it's stuff I need so he gives me tips to make adjustments but he still doesn't like it.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 01:47 AM
32 12