Amazing! It works! Even for the Classic! PP now takes better pics even when my daughter is moving!! Thank you, lawguyman!

If you want to take great pictures with Passport you need to understand that you are not using the camera the right way. The problem is not that the focus is slow. It focuses fairly quickly, in fact. The issue is that it does not hold focus. Slight movement from the camera or the object of the picture will initiate a refocus. This is what is causing all the blurry pics.

This happens because the camera operates in a continuous focus mode. The solution is easy. Hold down the shutter button until the pic is in focus. That will cause it to hold focus. Then, release the button to take the pic.

Don't take my word for it. Try it yourself.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 06:58 PM
    New challenge. Try taking a picture with the Passport when sitting in the front passenger seat of a car. I'm recently on a business trip in India, and while the roads aren't in stellar shape, they're not in terrible shape either. It is virtually impossible for the Passport to focus but once again the Q10 does it.

I'm really unsure what is going on with this camera but something needs to be done about it.

I'm also running the latest leak.

Posted via CB10
    Agatonga likes this.
    06-10-15 10:28 PM
    If you want to take great pictures with Passport you need to understand that you are not using the camera the right way. The problem is not that the focus is slow. It focuses fairly quickly, in fact. The issue is that it does not hold focus. Slight movement from the camera or the object of the picture will initiate a refocus. This is what is causing all the blurry pics.

This happens because the camera operates in a continuous focus mode. The solution is easy. Hold down the shutter button until the pic is in focus. That will cause it to hold focus. Then, release the button to take the pic.

Don't take my word for it. Try it yourself.
    Exactly!

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 02:01 AM
    New challenge. Try taking a picture with the Passport when sitting in the front passenger seat of a car. I'm recently on a business trip in India, and while the roads aren't in stellar shape, they're not in terrible shape either. It is virtually impossible for the Passport to focus but once again the Q10 does it.

I'm really unsure what is going on with this camera but something needs to be done about it.

I'm also running the latest leak.

Posted via CB10
    You need to stop it from refocusing by holding down the shutter button.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 06:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Only problem is I can't get it to focus to begin with to hold the shutter button. But again that shouldn't be the way to take a picture. I understand that these are 'just' phone cameras but many other phones including BlackBerry's very own (Q10) can handle these situations with relative ease. Simple point and shoot.

Posted via CB10
    Agatonga likes this.
    06-12-15 12:11 AM
    Most of the competition are better like Sony samsung and apple of course but I don't think it's anywhere near bad, I'd say it takes decent pictures. It's not as good as the competition because that's a huge feature BlackBerry never focused on yet. Hopefully they do focus on it from now on.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 12:29 AM
    Beautiful shot and 9-5!

Posted via CB10
    Love the car and the camera! Had a white 1998 9-3. That car was blast to drive.

Passport. Yeah it's a little weird but I love it.
    Vector-SS likes this.
    06-12-15 12:30 AM
    Mine works well, what are you comparing it to? It's not an iPhone camera for sure but it's not nearly as bad as you state my photos come out well no major problems.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 357160
    06-12-15 08:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    Here's what I was talking about. This photo was taken while in a moving car with both the Q10 and Passport.

Passport has the worst camera so far in my opinion!-img_20150612_145711.jpg

Passport has the worst camera so far in my opinion!-img_20150612_145713.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Agatonga likes this.
    06-13-15 05:19 AM
    I think it helps to change the ratio to 16:9 on passport and HDR off..

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 02:05 PM
535 ... 202122