I love the passport but with time I am finding it more and more uncomfortable to carry around. I find myself switching over to the Classic even though I much prefer the Passport as a device.

The main problem is the size and awkward corners. I have had it for 8 months now but am starting to tire of carrying it around. I am not sure I would go for the Passport 2 if it were to come out. Rather I would hope for a thinner and faster Classic.

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 02:33 PM
    I you're not happy with the size and shape, change to another device. But, have you considered a holster? I carry my Passport in an SPE belt holster through the week and it's far more convenient than a pocket. Just a thought.

Smartphone Experts Leather Swivel Holster Specifically designed for BlackBerry Passport | BlackBerry Holsters | CrackBerry Canada
    acovey, GeoK, TripNFry and 3 others like this.
    07-08-15 02:58 PM
    I love my Passport. Gets even better with time.

Work Wide and Prosper
    07-08-15 03:10 PM
    If you don't like the corners may I suggest the AT&T branded Passport? That one has rounded corners.

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    07-08-15 03:12 PM
    Hopefully, they'll bring out a triangular shaped one
    the3maples, delgadom and tomsobon like this.
    07-08-15 03:15 PM
    Hopefully, they'll bring out a triangular shaped one
    you hit it! what an idea! (lame)

Posted from my Classic Passport
    delgadom likes this.
    07-08-15 03:16 PM
    Passport form factor does become very annoying because any other device I now pick up feels too small and cramped.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    07-08-15 04:22 PM
    The only issue I have with my Passport was it didn't fit my bicycle frame tube top bag... but I knew about thus issue when I purchased the phone.

Oh well, that's why I have Pannier saddle bags!

Post from my Passport or my Z30 or my Playbook
    vpblaze and BirdBruce like this.
    07-08-15 04:35 PM
    you hit it! what an idea! (lame)

Posted from my Classic Passport
    That's why the company are falling over themselves not to employ me on their design team
    07-08-15 04:52 PM
    It's the opposite for me.

I'm used to the wide form factor and everything else just seems small. I do still use my Classic and Z30 though, but there's something about the Passport that I hope BlackBerry continues building upon.
    07-08-15 05:11 PM
    It's funny you mentioned getting tired of passport. I personally love the device, keyboard everything really. But the form factor (the size of it) does get to me from time to time. I also have a Z30, and over the last two weeks I've been really eying it again. But every time I pick it up it feels little cramped...
    Although I must admit that form factor of Z30 feels little better.
    Somehow, I always have to think about PP when I'm going somewhere. With Z30, I'd just pick up and go... not sure if that makes sense...

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 05:11 PM
    Like old vine!!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 05:22 PM
    That's why the company are falling over themselves not to employ me on their design team

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 06:15 PM
    It's funny you mentioned getting tired of passport. I personally love the device, keyboard everything really. But the form factor (the size of it) does get to me from time to time. I also have a Z30, and over the last two weeks I've been really eying it again. But every time I pick it up it feels little cramped...
    Although I must admit that form factor of Z30 feels little better.
    Somehow, I always have to think about PP when I'm going somewhere. With Z30, I'd just pick up and go... not sure if that makes sense...

Posted via CB10
    That totally makes sense. In fact you are spot on when you say that you always have to think about your PP when you are about to go somewhere. That's exactly what crosses my mind. It's like I don't necessarily feel like carrying it if I am just heading to the cold store etc... with the Classic or dare I say the iPhone 6 there is far more of the 'pick up and go' element.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 06:19 PM
    It's the opposite for me.

I'm used to the wide form factor and everything else just seems small. I do still use my Classic and Z30 though, but there's something about the Passport that I hope BlackBerry continues building upon.
    I think round edges and the Classic keyboard feel would enhance it drastically...

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 06:20 PM
    Shirt pockets...no problem.
    Suit pockets...no problem.
    Front pants pocket, occasionally...no problem.
    SPE (Smartphone Experts) case purchased from CrackBerry Shop....no problem.
    07-08-15 10:00 PM
    I've never found it difficult to carry around. The only thing I miss about a smaller form factor is the one handed use.

On the Passport, I can't even reach all the icons with one hand and it can get annoying to have to take my hand off the beer to open an app sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    bodjor, andy n, piquepoc and 1 others like this.
    07-09-15 12:39 AM
    I agree with the holster post above! Bought a $10 one on day one. I couldnt wear it for a few weeks due to surgery and have to agree that it was very awkward carrying it around. Was worried it was going to fall out of my jacket pocket. I even wore the jacket when it was hot out. Think I will get some kind of case just in case! I like the look of the storybook products. Btw, whats a cold store? Is it a convenience store?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    07-09-15 12:52 AM
    I have also some not so friendly and portability experiences with Passport specifically during outdoor activities. So, it's either I'm going to bring my handbag with me (to carry Passport and other small stuff) or transfer my SIM card to my other (truly portable) mobile phone.

But the convenient and pleasurable reading activities always crave me back to my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 02:33 AM
    Can be a pain as too wide to fit in jeans front pocket or any trousers really. Have to carry it in inside jacket pocket - but wear jacket less frequently now due to it being summer.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 10:39 AM
    Only problem I have with the passport's size is the fact that it doesn't fit in my cup holder in my car when I use waze for navigation. I just have to get a dash mount for it. I wish ford would release a miracast app for MFT.
    Otherwise it fits easily in all my pockets sitting or standing... in fact I usually forget which pocket it is in and pat around frantically thinking I lost it from time to time.
    Last edited by fingernipp; 07-09-15 at 11:25 AM.
    07-09-15 11:11 AM
    Funny thing is that I get annoyed on my Q10 when I try to type the Z key because I'm used to it on the edge with my passport, so I keep hitting the shift key instead when I use my Q10

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 11:24 AM
    I love the passport but with time I am finding it more and more uncomfortable to carry around. I find myself switching over to the Classic even though I much prefer the Passport as a device.

The main problem is the size and awkward corners. I have had it for 8 months now but am starting to tire of carrying it around. I am not sure I would go for the Passport 2 if it were to come out. Rather I would hope for a thinner and faster Classic.

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    I agree and my passport has been sitting on the shelf since I bought the classic. I figured I would swap back and forth between the two but I haven't yet. Maybe when the season changes and I am wearing bulky clothes again I will start carrying the passport around but during the summer it's too much work carrying the passport.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    07-09-15 11:31 AM
    Over the past 5 months of having the Passport I have gone back and forth between utter love and giddiness, to mildly disconcerted, to complete consternation, back to loving it once more, and so on in an infinite loop. There are days when I'm tempted to move on to something shiny and new with full Google services (6 edge particularly), but then I look at my big ol flat brick with its ridiculously wide screen, sexy keyboard and zero bloatware/ popup ads, and I just can't fathom getting anything else.

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    Lumii and texn884 like this.
    07-09-15 12:27 PM
    Yes I love the BlackBerry PP but the size is a bit unwieldy BUT thankgod for a side holster (w/sleeper magnet) from PDAir. I use a gel case on my device and it fits beautifully in the side holster! Due to size i've dropped a few times accidentally and so my recommendation is a holster with belt clip. For some this may not work but for me has been better. The size is great tho for viewing documents and serving so for me the trade off is worth it! I switched to the classic for about a week and went back to the PP. The battery is also a beast!

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2204 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 07-10-15 at 09:04 AM.
    07-09-15 01:22 PM
85 123 ...