Since FB no longer supports BB, what is best configuration to get FB email notifications on my Passport. I deleted the FB app and saved FB on my home screen using the browser...but I don't get the FB email notifications on my Passport or on my PC...all settings on PC are marked to get "all" email notifications. Again no FB email in the Hub and none on AOL on my PC...should I download the FB app that's in BB World?...any suggestions would be appreciated!...thanks
    10-25-16 03:23 PM
    You should download FB app on Amazon App Store for replacement.
    10-25-16 05:55 PM
    I have the Amazon app on my screen, but it won't open...just hangs up near the end of filling. Is the fb app for BB you are referring to the same one that's on BB World?
    10-26-16 01:02 AM
    This is weird. Why did you delete the Facebook app? It still works superbly especially the old version with hub integration. I think it works better than the android apk version. Why don't you reinstall the bar file? The current Facebook app in bbworld is just a link.

Posted via CB10
    ChrisLeNeve likes this.
    10-26-16 01:36 AM
    My old facebook app that I refused to update still works great (except the notifications are hit and miss)

I also use face10

Posted via CB10
    hec666 likes this.
    10-26-16 02:09 AM
    Get Facebook lite ! Works great with notification in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 03:05 AM
    The web based FB is ok for me, but if I'm also not getting email fb notifications on my AOL email on my PC...doesn't that sound like a facebook issue? AOL sez there's nothing wrong with their server
    10-26-16 02:15 PM
    I deleted it cuz I thought maube that was the problem...desperation

I deleted it hoping that was the problem...desperation!...but I'm also not getting the fb notifications in my AOL email on my PC
    10-26-16 02:18 PM
    Where do I get facebook light...is that the one on BB World?
    10-26-16 02:19 PM
    You could try the Face10 app.The paid app will notify via the Hub. Check out Face10 for Facebook in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59986239

Posted via CB10
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    10-26-16 03:02 PM
    You could try the Face10 app.The paid app will notify via the Hub. Check out Face10 for Facebook in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59986239

Posted via CB10
    Amen to that. Face10 should go cross-platform. I'm not missing the battery drain from the Android version one bit.
    10-26-16 03:31 PM
    The original FB app works just fine.
    10-30-16 05:57 AM
    What does the app do that the Web based Fb doesn't...in other words what is the advantage of Face10!...thanks!
    10-30-16 11:13 PM
    You could try doing a is reload which should put the older Facebook app back onto your phone. Than you could use it for notifications and messaging. And use the browser for browsing Facebook.

The above is how I'm set up.
    10-31-16 05:35 AM
    By reload do u mean a restore to factory or ????. Is that done on Link?
    10-31-16 11:15 PM
    By reload do u mean a restore to factory or ????. Is that done on Link?
    Reload using Link.
    10-31-16 11:36 PM
    I'd like to clarify my question...I'm not getting fb email notifications on my Passport or in my email on my PC. When I was getting them on my Passport, they came from the web based facebook only. I had deleted the fb app....so I guess the problem is with facebook cuz no email on my PC (and all fb settings are set for "all notifications")...my remaining question is, what makes the original fb app or the Face10 better than using the web for facebook?
    10-31-16 11:38 PM
    With the originally Facebook app you will get notifications and messenger in the hub. But other features are missing.

The browser Facebook does not allow notifications nor messenger. But it allows other features.

Using a combination of the two as discribe earlier will give you maximum feature and usage.
    11-01-16 07:31 PM
    So is a "reload" the same as a restoring to factory status?
    11-01-16 11:17 PM
    Well, I don't care about Messenger cuz I don't use it, and I always got literally 100's of email notifications daily using only the browser to access facebook...so I don't understand your comment about the browser not allowing notifications....however, now I no longer get any notifications. I guess I will try the app....thanks
    11-01-16 11:30 PM
    I use Face 10 to browse and Messenger Lite (Android version) to chat.

Face 10's Messenger addon is just a web page wrap although you do get HUB integration
    11-02-16 10:33 AM
    So what does Face 10 give you that you can't get using the web/browser version?
    11-02-16 12:32 PM
    Reload does exactly what it's is, a complete reload of the OS.

Factory reset only does a removal of apps and personal data and sets the phone back to factory settings.

The difference between the 2.
    OS reload will fix corrupt OS files.
    Factory reset will not fix corrupt OS files.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 03:14 PM
    Well, I don't care about Messenger cuz I don't use it, and I always got literally 100's of email notifications daily using only the browser to access facebook...so I don't understand your comment about the browser not allowing notifications....however, now I no longer get any notifications. I guess I will try the app....thanks
    With the facebook app you get notifications straight to the hub. Without depending on email service.

Personally I wouldn't want my email getting cluttered with Facebook notifications.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 03:17 PM
    Either way, with the reload or reset, I'll lose my Contact Groups...as there is no backup system or app that will backup/restore Groups. Only the Contacts can be restored....even though there are 2 apps on BlackBerry world that claim to restore them, neither will...so i'll just live with what I got!...thanks
    11-04-16 12:07 AM