Just got my Passport yesterday so still adjusting to the size, ergonomics, etc. Do those of you that have had one for a while use it every day for all situations? I understand work and school but what about everything else? Does the size get in the way? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 10:49 AM
    I had a passport for awhile it was good in some situations but not so good in other situations. For example is obviously not a phone I could take out on a night out down the town also because of the width I found cycling difficult for me etc just the general handling of the phone I found it abit of a struggle but that's how it felt to me anyway. In other situations it is perfect inside situations I found it perfect weather being at home or inside the office etc was a joy to use. It is definitely a phone not made for all situations and that just outweighed it for me I need a phone I could use on all occasions and the passport was not that phone. I loved everything about it don't get me wrong just the width of it got the better of me but I'm glad I gave it a try.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 11:20 AM
    Only if your dress allowed its size to be portable or you usually having a handbag...

Otherwise you will struggle with its size on a daily basis...

Posted via CB10
    so crow likes this.
    07-26-15 11:29 AM
    I use my Passport for both work and play. The size takes most users some time to get used to, but it's a great device with amazing specs. The screen is big and bright, the keyboard great, and access to Android apps makes it all around useful.

One thing that I don't hear many owners discuss is the ability for the Android player to change the size based on the app used. If there's an app that is better suited zoomed out, that's possible. There's also the option to chose rectangular mode, which I've used a few times.

No device is perfect, but in my opinion, Passport meets most of the needs better than others. I struggle to use it with one hand, but I view this as more of a phablet than a traditional phone. I also struggled to use my Galaxy Note with one hand.

Posted via CB10
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    07-26-15 11:32 AM
    I find that I still use two devices, it's just a little too cumbersome to use for all the activities I do. I love the phone for what it's good for, great device and still can't put it down. Just not a good phone for throwing in my pocket and being active with it.

It's a productive power house!

Posted via CB10
    anon(5830442) likes this.
    07-26-15 11:43 AM
    Running is the only time I can't find an acceptable way to carry. Otherwise the PP works for me on a daily basis. I work in a dirty welding shop and use a heavy duty case during the day and no case the rest of the time. The battery life and the quality of the experience make it a great daily driver IMO. I have used the Classic and Note series extensively and the PP works great as a kind of combination of the two. I have a Moto X as a backup and it's a really good phne but for now there is no replacing the PP for me. My style of dress is comfortable/casual and I have no issues pocketing/transporting the PP. So for me, the answer is yes!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mcg3745; 07-26-15 at 05:45 PM.
    07-26-15 11:54 AM
    Just got my Passport yesterday so still adjusting to the size, ergonomics, etc. Do those of you that have had one for a while use it every day for all situations? I understand work and school but what about everything else? Does the size get in the way? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    every day, every night, all time

perfect for all smartphone use, - as long as you don't look for a gaming device - but who play games on a phone anyway ...
    07-26-15 11:54 AM
    I only find mine awkward in one handed situations, like when I have one hand full at the grocery store.

Otherwise no issues. I've adapted to the summer clothing no pockets season by carrying my phone in a wallet flip case that holds my ID and credit cards. It's either always in hand or occasionally in the back pocket of my shorts.

Posted via CB10
    wordcracker likes this.
    07-26-15 12:02 PM
    I use mine consistently, for work and play. I haven't had any issues in terms of the size. It's like anything else, once you get used to it, you'll be fine

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 12:05 PM
    Pretty much split. Interesting. I'm definitely going to give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 12:19 PM
    I dont bother about the size or whatever,the only time it bothers me is when it starts dropping wifi at home.

Other than the wifi problem,it is the one of the two devices i bring around most of the time.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-26-15 12:34 PM
    It's a phone for every day that ends in Y.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    07-26-15 01:28 PM
    Mine is.

T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч� Passport � Autoloaded 10.3.1.2582 Sachesi up to 10.3.1.2744 to 2.680 to 2.798 to 2.2204 to 2339
    07-26-15 01:33 PM
    I use the spring clip holster and basically have never felt the size becoming an issue. Definitely worth giving it an honest try.

Posted via CB10
    blambtn likes this.
    07-26-15 01:39 PM
    I've used my Passport on a daily basis since I purchased it and haven't had any difficulties with carrying it around or anything like that. Since my computer kicked the bucket at the beginning of the month the Passport has been my sole means of communication (phone calls, email, text messaging, etc) and managing social media, browsing the internet, and entertainment, and it has been able to handle all of these tasks admirably.
    Barbareren likes this.
    07-26-15 01:55 PM
    It is my daily driver. I use the Seidio holster while at work. When not at work, I just slip it in my front pocket. Works great for me. I had an iphone 6 I was using for my music but went ahead and put all of my music on my passport and sold the iphone. Now I am set.

Posted via Passport - 10.3.2.2339
    TXBBguy likes this.
    07-26-15 03:36 PM
    I use the spring clip holster and basically have never felt the size becoming an issue. Definitely worth giving it an honest try.

Posted via CB10
    That's the holster I use. Works great.

Posted via Passport - 10.3.2.2339
    07-26-15 03:37 PM
    The people who struggle with this devices size, really need to man up. It's wide, not long and is actually very comfortable in my pockets. If you're a hipster with skinny jeans don't buy this phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 03:51 PM
    Its the only phone I use and I love it.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 03:56 PM
    If the smartphone you purchase can't be used everyday because of an issue you have with it, then there's a good chance it's not the right device for you.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    lysskr likes this.
    07-26-15 04:00 PM
    Yes, if you use it every day it's an every day phone.

(sorry, couldn't resist)
    07-26-15 04:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    The only excuse I've seen for not carrying a Passport that I thought was valid is the person who excepted running. It is big and weighty. And no one seems to have created a decent solution for that, although a small fanny pack might come close. Otherwise, some of my slacks allow me to pocket it. And a Seidio holster handles when there's no slacks or jacket pocket to carry it. More often than not, it appears that those who say they need two devices are just dealing with a concept of what's cool that doesn't allow much flexibility. I've been around long enough to figure out that I'm not cool because of what I do or wear; what I do or wear is cool because it's what I do. If you have the bravado to carry it off, anything is cool. If you don't, nothing is. So, enjoy your Passport.
    nappalonia and BoldMaverick like this.
    07-26-15 04:14 PM
    I use it every day as my sole device.
    It fits in my jeans pockets, front and back.
    And I even play games on it (via Retroarch).
    I've never taken any phone with me on a run (too busy running).

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 04:20 PM
    The people who struggle with this devices size, really need to man up. It's wide, not long and is actually very comfortable in my pockets. If you're a hipster with skinny jeans don't buy this phone.

Posted via CB10
    Hey, you don't have to be a hipster to wear skinny jeans, you just have to shop at American Eagle.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 04:24 PM
    I only find mine awkward in one handed situations, like when I have one hand full at the grocery store.

Otherwise no issues. I've adapted to the summer clothing no pockets season by carrying my phone in a wallet flip case that holds my ID and credit cards. It's either always in hand or occasionally in the back pocket of my shorts.

Posted via CB10
    Which case did you go with? I want to find one like that.

 Red Passport on OS 10.3.2.2339 / SR 10.3.2.2226
    07-26-15 04:38 PM
146 123 ...