For work and most other stuff: Passport. For running/cycling my z30.
    07-28-15 06:49 AM
    The Passport is a bit unwieldly admittedly but for the power you get, long battery life, and the view of a larger screen its all worth it. Yes, its an everyday device. I've never believed the notion that power devices are only meant for the "power user' because most people become power users once they use a device for a bit. This goes true for computers as well. I think most people will appreciate the nice screen size, the long battery life, and zippy power. The Passport is a beast and will power thru anything. I have over a hundred apps installed on my device, personal and work calendar, contacts, and customer files and access is just as fast as I got it day one.

Yes its a bit big but the size really pays for itself in the long run. In the beginning I was dropping the device a few times as I got use to using my side holster. Its been a while now since I got this beast as I got it launch week. Today as I sit here typing out this reply, I can't imagine working day to day without my Passport.
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    07-28-15 07:47 AM
    The only place my passport has been problematic is in the car as a navigation device. In the past I would place my Z10 in the cup holder and connect over Bluetooth to run turn by turn directions. The passport just barely doesn't fit in the cup holder so it is left on the passenger seat only to slide around and cause me to take my eyes off the road to keep it from falling between the seat and the door. A dash/windshield mount would solve that issue.
    07-28-15 08:20 AM
    I love Big Red and yes it is my every day, all day phone. I am in construction/enngineering and Big Red fits nicely into my chest pocket on my safety vest. Yes it is big, but it is light enough that I hardly notice it there.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 09:13 AM
    Brilliant post. It does feel more like a laptop replacement than anything else.

Posted via CB10
    It gets kind of tiring hearing people say how they don't like it for the size or how it's too big for a phone. It's ALSO a super portable, highly efficient, little mini-tablet and it absolutely kicks the pants off of any other comparable small tablet when it comes to productivity!
    PonyCrazyKid and kekos like this.
    07-28-15 09:21 AM
    Of course, black&white would have captured the moment, but it'll do.

Is Passport an every day phone?-img_20150405_145958.jpg
    07-28-15 01:04 PM
    It gets kind of tiring hearing people say how they don't like it for the size or how it's too big for a phone. It's ALSO a super portable, highly efficient, little mini-tablet and it absolutely kicks the pants off of any other comparable small tablet when it comes to productivity!
    This is true. I see it as a mini tablet or laptop replacement. Problem is that it begs to be placed in a briefcase, purse, backpack, or holster. Just because it doesn't fit into every lifestyle doesn't mean it isn't fulfilling its design to the fullest.

That said, it's not a great everyday portable phone for this reason. Popping down to the farmers' market or going for a run. It's a specialized device and not ideal in every situation.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 07-28-15 at 07:42 PM.
    07-28-15 01:14 PM
    Its a different form factor, but if you compare it to the iphone 6 plus or galaxy note, it's quite a bit smaller in total square inches/centimeters. It does take a bit of getting used to, but I'm really enjoying it.

Others have mentioned this, but the call quality blows away everything else I've used. Way better than my iphone 6 or htc one m8, especially on bluetooth.
    07-28-15 01:30 PM
    This is true. I see it as a mini tablet or laptop replacement. Problem is that it begs to be placed in a briefcase, purse, backpack, or holster. Just because it doesn't fit into every lifestyle doesn't mean it isn't fulfilling it's design to the fullest.

That said, it's not a great everyday portable phone for this reason. Popping down to the farmers' market or going for a run. It's a specialized device and not ideal in every situation.

Posted via CB10
    Adaptability is the key here! If one really wanted to, you can make anything work.

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    Detective M Downs likes this.
    07-28-15 01:31 PM
    Its a different form factor, but if you compare it to the iphone 6 plus or galaxy note, it's quite a bit smaller in total square inches/centimeters. It does take a bit of getting used to, but I'm really enjoying it.
    This. People say that the Passport is too big. Yes, it's a wide device, but I find it far less phablet-y and easier to hold for phone calls than the Galaxy Notes or iPhone 6+s that look like monsters compared to the Passport.
    07-28-15 01:32 PM
    07-28-15 04:08 PM
    Well I took it to work today and other than the awkwardness of still learning the keyboard, it did well. I do have a problem with the headphone jack not working. Anyone else? Any suggestions? (I know, reload the os!)

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 04:41 PM
    Of course, black&white would have captured the moment, but it'll do.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150405_145958.jpg 
Views:	840 
Size:	191.2 KB 
ID:	364519
    Aww... I still love you even if you're wider than most! You have a wonderful brain!
    07-28-15 05:12 PM
    Aww... I still love you even if you're wider than most! You have a wonderful brain!

I saw that movie...
    07-28-15 11:02 PM
    Well I took it to work today and other than the awkwardness of still learning the keyboard, it did well. I do have a problem with the headphone jack not working. Anyone else? Any suggestions? (I know, reload the os!)

Posted via CB10
    What do you meant by 'headphone jack not working'?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 01:42 AM
    "I understand work and school but what about everything else?"

Well, that's the rub, it depends on you 'everything else'. If you're a mountainbiking enthousiast and want a phone in your pocket doing that, you're better of with a Z10. No phablet will suit you, save the iPhone 6 plus which will mold to the shape of your body, ofcourse.

For me, it's all I need. Handles communications for my business and private stuff, does most of my web browsing, news reading. Connects to office system with Teamviewer. Plays music in the car, movies in the evening) streaming from NAS or phone). It is with me almost all of the time.
    I mostly leave it in the locker when working out, as I don't have a holster/arm strap for it, but perhaps I'll get one. That's the only day to day situation where it's not with me.
    I only go out to pubs when performing with my band, in which case we all wear a suit, so then it is in my inside pocket.

So, works for me all day, every day. If it will for you, depends on what you do.
    07-29-15 04:20 AM
    The only excuse I've seen for not carrying a Passport that I thought was valid is the person who excepted running. It is big and weighty. And no one seems to have created a decent solution for that, although a small fanny pack might come close. Otherwise, some of my slacks allow me to pocket it. And a Seidio holster handles when there's no slacks or jacket pocket to carry it. More often than not, it appears that those who say they need two devices are just dealing with a concept of what's cool that doesn't allow much flexibility. I've been around long enough to figure out that I'm not cool because of what I do or wear; what I do or wear is cool because it's what I do. If you have the bravado to carry it off, anything is cool. If you don't, nothing is. So, enjoy your Passport.
    What about using those exercise accessories that allow you to have your phone on your arm.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 03:52 PM
    What do you meant by 'headphone jack not working'?

Posted via CB10
    I'm getting no sound through headphones when plugged into the headphone jack of my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 03:57 PM
    What about using those exercise accessories that allow you to have your phone on your arm.

Posted via CB10
    You'd need two Passports, one on each arm, to balance the extra training weight.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 07:49 PM
    You'd need two Passports, one on each arm, to balance the extra training weight.

Posted via CB10
    Meh, just alternate which arm every day, it'll help you with balance

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-30-15 05:34 PM
    I love my BlackBerry Passport. Since I got it, I can't put it down. Brilliant device. Everyday, for everything.

 Red Passport on OS 10.3.2.2339 / SR 10.3.2.2226
    07-30-15 07:04 PM
    Is passport an every day phone?! Huh

Actually it is have day phone...

Huh..

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 07:27 PM
    I use it everyday I am just not that comfortable when taking pictures or selfies.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 07:49 PM
    It's an everyday phone for me, I put away the Q10 a while ago, the Passport is the perfect size for what I use it for. I'm rarely on the computer or tablet.

The screen size alone allows me to use woks apps and sites that the Q10 was kinda difficult to see and render.
    Pictures files and documents are easy to show clients, I don't find myself zooming into to pages like other phones I've had BlackBerry and iPhones.

I'm still trying to find the perfect carry method, I seem to favor the book case style carry case, I've had Seidio spring loaded belt clips but have dropped my phone numerous times with that carry method. I'd rather carry it in hand in a case.
    However it does fit in my shirt and breastcoat pocket rather well.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    07-30-15 07:55 PM
    Just got my Passport yesterday so still adjusting to the size, ergonomics, etc. Do those of you that have had one for a while use it every day for all situations? I understand work and school but what about everything else? Does the size get in the way? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, unless you wear a jacket, I personally found it cumbersome.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 08:03 PM
146 ... 23456