When somebody who can't possibly know for sure claims to know for sure, I smell a rat.

Claims to know what for sure? Well, anything really. For instance, whether an invisible superman in the sky exists, whether Fermat's last theorem is correct, or whether a particular issue which could be either software or hardware, is hardware.
    Unsure who you're talking about, but if I'm the "rat" you smell, you're mistaken. I've said in this and other threads that I believe double typing is a hardware issue exacerbated by software.
    06-26-15 04:45 AM
    Lucky for you OP you just got double typing issue. Mine is worse. My camera focus is jerky and shoot blurred photos and a double typing keyboard. I'm so disappointed with my passport. Probably last blackberry I have. Try to bring back to the seller and they charged me camera and keyboard module for the repair which they had no stock yet. The worse of them all I bought this device at 900$ usd because BlackBerry is not existing in our country. D*mn so unfortunate of me. My last 9900 was also had a wifi antenna issue. And I cannot return it because we do not have service center here.
    06-26-15 05:46 AM
    Here is a screen capture of the double typing in action on my AT&T Passport. I made this specifically for the person who sold me the phone. I'm trying to get a hardware warranty through BlackBerry, but it's been an absolute nightmare because this phone wasn't purchased through Shop BlackBerry. AT&T is no help either because I'm not a direct customer, purchased the device elsewhere, and immediately had them unlock it.

My Passport is 2 months old, and I've dealt with this on 10.3.1 and 3 different builds of 10.3.2. At this point, I'm covered under purchase protection so I'll most likely return this phone to the seller and go back to the original Passport, making sure to purchase new off of Shop BlackBerry or used from someone who has the original purchase receipt. Do not purchase used, even if seller has original purchase receipt, if you want a warranty. You have to buy new and be the original buyer.

It's unfortunate because I do really like the AT&T version and would rather not return the phone, but this issue is pissing me off.

The strange sound in the video is my black lab eating from his new slow feed bowl. He used to inhale his food in 15 seconds, choke, and throw up all the time. The new bowl is awesome!

Edit: Here's all 3 videos, starting from the last one to the first, so you can see the progression over time and not have to read through the entire thread.

[video]https://youtu.be/jLOavX5OP_Y[/url]

[video]https://youtu.be/MRPR5VFOY-w[/url]

[video]https://youtu.be/pjsJGc5dFbA[/url]
    You say BlackBerry are messing you about with this? If they are arguing it's a software issue, that makes no difference, hardware or software, it's their responsibility to replace the product and give you a phone that works.

Cheers,

Chris.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 08:09 AM
    Maybe it is your typing skills?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 01:31 PM
    Maybe it is your typing skills?

Posted via CB10
    Must be.
    06-26-15 02:32 PM
    Lucky for you OP you just got double typing issue. Mine is worse. My camera focus is jerky and shoot blurred photos and a double typing keyboard. I'm so disappointed with my passport. Probably last blackberry I have. Try to bring back to the seller and they charged me camera and keyboard module for the repair which they had no stock yet. The worse of them all I bought this device at 900$ usd because BlackBerry is not existing in our country. D*mn so unfortunate of me. My last 9900 was also had a wifi antenna issue. And I cannot return it because we do not have service center here.
    How did you purchase it? New? Why can't you ship it back to BlackBerry for repair? If you have no service options, buy the keyboard and replace it yourself.

There's teardown videos on the internet. It's not hard, just time consuming.
    06-26-15 02:34 PM
    How did you purchase it? New? Why can't you ship it back to BlackBerry for repair? If you have no service options, buy the keyboard and replace it yourself.

There's teardown videos on the internet. It's not hard, just time consuming.
    I'm not a hardware guy. I'm more on software geek.
    06-26-15 05:59 PM
    Wow the device doesn't exist in my country, I thought I paid to much but it is just 774$ to have it shipped to Bolivia - South America.

How did you buy it?

I used a local service, they buy for you in EEUU, they have it shipped and do customs, it took a month to arrive.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 11:35 AM
    After the latest update I've done on my passport I'm receiving double typing issues too but not as much, it's here and there. Maybe it's software?

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 11:49 AM
    Here is how u fix it.

Go into setting, language input. Go into your custom dictionary.
    Add a shortcut for whatever letters are double typing. Ex. m m - replace with m so everytime it double types the letter it autocorrects it everytime. Do this for all letters your passport or Q10 double types. Problem solved. Your welcome

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 04:34 PM
    Here is how u fix it.

Go into setting, language input. Go into your custom dictionary.
    Add a shortcut for whatever letters are double typing. Ex. m m - replace with m so everytime it double types the letter it autocorrects it everytime. Do this for all letters your passport or Q10 double types. Problem solved. Your welcome

Posted via CB10
    Except auto-correction and custom dictionary do not work in all fields: password fields, certain apps that don't code for it, etc, etc. And how about words that use 2 of the letters I type? I now have to backspace those to correct for the 2 letters changed to one. And why is it my responsibility to use ghetto-hacky-workarounds when BlackBerry can easily fix the root of the problem by replacing the hardware or truly making a legitimate software fix.

Problem not solved. Good try.
    06-28-15 05:17 PM
    Oh my God. I've never had the double typing issue until a couple of days ago. All of sudden the "n" key will double-type. I've had my Passport for a while now... 6 months? Bought it new through Rogers.

This is nuts.
    Well, as quicky as this appreared, it has now gone. I don't have any double-typing issues anymore. I have no idea what's going on. With 10.3.2 it has magically disappeared. I have not had a single double-typing issue in the last 24 hours. I typed long emails, lots of messages, nothing....

I'm not going to hold my breath, but I am back to being a happy Passport owner.
    07-22-15 02:47 AM
    Well, as quicky as this appreared, it has now gone. I don't have any double-typing issues anymore. I have no idea what's going on. With 10.3.2 it has magically disappeared. I have not had a single double-typing issue in the last 24 hours. I typed long emails, lots of messages, nothing....

I'm not going to hold my breath, but I am back to being a happy Passport owner.
    I'm glad it went away for you and hopefully it stays away. When it starts happening and gets worse, it really does ruin the user experience.

Fingers crossed yours stays double type free.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    Matt J likes this.
    07-22-15 02:51 AM
    I'm glad it went away for you and hopefully it stays away. When it starts happening and gets worse, it really does ruin the user experience.

Fingers crossed yours stays double type free.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    Since we have the same OS version, do you still experience the double-typing issue?
    07-22-15 03:32 AM
    I've had my passport for 5 months now and I did not used to have the double typing issue until the past few weeks. Some days are better than others. It is kind of annoying because I switched to the physical keyboard from the touch screen cause I wanted an easier and better typing experience. I'm still happy with the switch!
    09-06-15 09:46 PM
    My passport worked fine forever, now I am getting the dreaded double type. Still love the phone...but the double type is kind of a pain.

Wow I typed this with no double type

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    09-07-15 01:47 AM
    just install the leaked os from my signature and double typing is gone. works great for me since I installed it last week. there is a separate thread also.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    09-07-15 01:56 AM
    I noticed this last night on my brand new passport SE but ONLY in the crackberry forums while typing a reply reply reply, seriously though, it was unusable, I swapped to the app and it went away which made me think its not hardware?..
    I never get it in text that I noticed but still under 24 days warranty so will be paying close attention!

Anybody else?
    02-23-16 02:13 PM
    It's a hardware issue and I am on my 3rd replacement. Now that my warranty is over and this one is beginning to double-type, I am beyond fed up. The physical keyboard is why I went with have stuck by Blackberry...that and the BBOS. Now both are dead. Going to check the Priv forums, to see if they are having the double-type issue. I hate to move to Android. I feel like Blackberry punked out. I'm going to shop around and if theere is an Android on the market with a physical keyboard and not a Blackberry that will be my next phone.
    07-04-16 10:19 PM
    Have a passport AT&T version and the double typing is killing me. What is the best OS to download that will fix this and not cause a lot of other problems.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-16 10:30 AM
    As many (including me) have said many times, the double-typing is a HARDWARE issue, NOT SOFTWARE.
    07-25-16 11:30 AM
    As many (including me) have said many times, the double-typing is a HARDWARE issue, NOT SOFTWARE.
    Yes, but different OS releases have timing differences designed to minimize the double typing issue. I recently upgraded to 10.3.2.2888 and had double typing for the first time. I went back to 10.3.2.2813 and it went away. I later found they changed the delay algorithm for double typing in the newer OS.
    07-25-16 12:17 PM
    Have a passport AT&T version and the double typing is killing me. What is the best OS to download that will fix this and not cause a lot of other problems.

Posted via CB10
    2813 will stop it. Look bb10 archive. Even the leaked older 2514 from Sept will stop it. It's criminal att has not updated those phones.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    07-25-16 12:58 PM
    Thank you. I will look for this update.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-16 08:18 PM
99 ... 234