My PP, bought at release last year from Amazon, has developed the double type issue on specific keys and is becoming a problem for me. I see that BB provides a one-year limited hardware warranty and I'm assuming the double type issue is covered in this warranty. I'm hoping I can get it repaired or replaced but I'm not quite sure who to contact about this. Is Amazon or Blackberry the first point of contact for working this out? I'm sure someone has already dealt with this so if you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
    06-28-15 11:44 AM
    My PP, bought at release last year from Amazon, has developed the double type issue on specific keys and is becoming a problem for me. I see that BB provides a one-year limited hardware warranty and I'm assuming the double type issue is covered in this warranty. I'm hoping I can get it repaired or replaced but I'm not quite sure who to contact about this. Is Amazon or Blackberry the first point of contact for working this out? I'm sure someone has already dealt with this so if you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
    Amazon is your point of contact. A quick forum search will return plenty of results for you to get all the information you need.
    06-28-15 07:47 PM
    Just went through with this. Contact BlackBerry on the number you received in the box the phone came in.

You must insist it is double typing. At first they wanted me to test using bbve, which is ridiculous but after I pushed a bit he understood and asked to send a log, and now I'm finally using a defect free passport.
    06-28-15 08:41 PM
    I guess I should stop ignoring the issue and do this, too. My o key doubles frequently. Oddly enough, an OS update fixed my y, u, and a few other keys.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 08:47 PM
    I guess I should stop ignoring the issue and do this, too. My o key doubles frequently. Oddly enough, an OS update fixed my y, u, and a few other keys.

Posted via CB10
    The current verdict regarding double-typing would be a mix between hardware and software related causes. The latest 10.3.2 software offers a "fix" for double-typing. However if your key is physically broken or problematic, like it was the case with many Q10 units, the software fix of course won't help. You'll need to get it fixed by hardware replacement.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 02:21 AM
    The current verdict regarding double-typing would be a mix between hardware and software related causes. The latest 10.3.2 software offers a "fix" for double-typing. However if your key is physically broken or problematic, like it was the case with many Q10 units, the software fix of course won't help. You'll need to get it fixed by hardware replacement.

Posted via CB10
    Software "fix" did jack **** for me. 10.3.2 made my double typing worse, leading to my belief that it's hardware.

BlackBizzle my nizzle // SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.798 // Cricket Wireless
    06-29-15 08:46 AM
    So should I avoid buying used PPs from Amazon Warehouse Deals for fear of potential KB issues?

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    06-29-15 09:01 AM
    So should I avoid buying used PPs from Amazon Warehouse Deals for fear of potential KB issues?

No, you should avoid buying used PPs from Amazon Warehouse Deals because there is no hardware warranty associated with secondhand BlackBerry device. BlackBerry's hardware warranties follow the person who purchased the device, not the actual device itself.

If you don't care about warranty, go ahead. Just be prepared to fix the keyboard yourself if something happens.
    sibeans likes this.
    06-29-15 09:20 AM
    No, you should avoid buying used PPs from Amazon Warehouse Deals because there is no hardware warranty associated with secondhand BlackBerry device. BlackBerry's hardware warranties follow the person who purchased the device, not the actual device itself.

If you don't care about warranty, go ahead. Just be prepared to fix the keyboard yourself if something happens.
    TY, if the spare parts were more readily available, I'd try to save a buck buying used

06-29-15 09:24 AM
    Good question though!
    06-29-15 09:25 AM
    Fixed in the later 10.3.2.xxxx

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 04:14 PM
    Thanks to all for the replies. Not sure I want to wait around to see if a future OS update can fix this. I definitely have issues with both 'n' and 'i' keys that should not be occurring and finally getting around to doing something about it.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 04:42 PM
    Thanks to all for the replies. Not sure I want to wait around to see if a future OS update can fix this. I definitely have issues with both 'n' and 'i' keys that should not be occurring and finally getting around to doing something about it.

Posted via CB10
    The official 10.3.2 will sort this out as it has with mine.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 04:48 PM
    The official 10.3.2 will sort this out as it has with mine.

Posted via CB10
    Not true for everyone, I have tried every version of 10.3.2 and double typing still exists on my "b" and "c" keys.

BlackBerry Passport / OS 10.3.2.680 / SQW100-3 / BBM 2C05E109
    06-29-15 05:16 PM
    If we upgrade to 10.3.2 can we downgrade to 10.3.1?
    06-30-15 05:44 AM
    Not true for everyone, I have tried every version of 10.3.2 and double typing still exists on my "b" and "c" keys.

BlackBerry Passport / OS 10.3.2.680 / SQW100-3 / BBM 2C05E109
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 03:02 PM
    Software "fix" did jack **** for me. 10.3.2 made my double typing worse, leading to my belief that it's hardware.

BlackBizzle my nizzle // SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.798 // Cricket Wireless
    That doesn't make much sense to me. 'Software update made your device act up more, therefore it must be hardware related?'

I'm not debating that it is one over the other but your statement is a bit contradictory.
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    06-30-15 03:17 PM
    That doesn't make much sense to me. 'Software update made your device act up more, therefore it must be hardware related?'

I'm not debating that it is one over the other but your statement is a bit contradictory.
    Haha, ya without any prior explanation that does sound contradictory. If you didn't follow any of my other threads, my double typing began after 2 months and got worse and worse as more time progressed. I upgraded, downgraded, and then upgraded again to pretty much every available 10.3.2 leak and the double typing continued to get worse. That's what lead to my conclusion. If there was some sort of software fix I would've expected a complete or somewhat decrease in double typing symptoms.
    06-30-15 03:28 PM
    Double typing is and will always be hardware. It's hilarious people try to blame the software.
    06-30-15 03:30 PM
    Buying from Amazon Warehouse with no warrenty is not true..i purchased mine from them and blackberry resolved my issue in a very timely manner

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 11:44 AM
    Buying from Amazon Warehouse with no warrenty is not true..i purchased mine from them and blackberry resolved my issue in a very timely manner

Posted via CB10
    Read the ******* BlackBerry Hardware Warranty documents buddy. You're wrong, and you're going to screw someone else over who decides to buy used because of your posts. You got extremely lucky that BlackBerry warrantied a used device, that you weren't the original purchaser of. They're not supposed to do that, and 99.9% of other people (including me) get denied.
    07-24-15 11:46 AM
    I'm not going to screw anybody over slick..its yours and anybody else for that matter responsibility to read the fine print..if you didn't that a you problem..i specifically looked for "used-like new" from amazon warehouse and read through the description before committing my money to it

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 11:51 AM
    I think it depends on what was the previous history of the device. I bought a Passport and it stated on the invoice 'US Warranty' and included BB warranty statement.

That said - how does one take advantage of BB extended warranty?
    07-24-15 12:02 PM
    I signed up for that as well back when they first introduced it and made it available to people who purchased a passport retroactive to a certain date..but I would try going to the blackberry website and searching for it

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 12:07 PM
    I'm not going to screw anybody over slick..its yours and anybody else for that matter responsibility to read the fine print..if you didn't that a you problem..i specifically looked for "used-like new" from amazon warehouse and read through the description before committing my money to it

Posted via CB10
    Again, you are wrong, and got very lucky. Give this a gander: http://us.blackberry.com/content/dam...es_English.pdf
    07-24-15 12:14 PM
39 12