There is a good faith in this forum that stinks of denial. The passport is far so from perfect from day to day use because it handles some of the most basic tasks with poor fluency.

I will defend it on the grounds of its beauty, the pkb, the general layout behind the hub and OS. The people recommending the purchase of this device at this stage either basic or in denial (including myself). I'm in the uk and the passport is a hamper.

Wait it out on a samsung and just purchase the next pkb device BlackBerry offer on android.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 08:05 PM
    Uhmmm OK.....
    07-23-16 08:24 PM
    Uhmmm OK.....
    Yawn

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 08:33 PM
    07-23-16 08:34 PM
    Challenge yourselves

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 08:37 PM
    Challenge yourselves

Posted via CB10
    I might if I understood your post.

Priv STV100-1 AAF518 / Q5SQR100-1/10.3.3.746
    07-23-16 09:06 PM
    I might if I understood your post.

It's not hard really... how does the passport drag? A fair bit compared to devices to devices currently on the market. I have to restart the hub everyday to access my emails. People repeatedly ask whether it's still a sound purchase and people try their best to advocate the device in respite of its shortcomings.

Don't get me wrong. I want this device to last but it isn't up to it. I'm excited for the next blackberry pkb device if it upholds the ideas behind the hub and OS.

Maybe it's just me who senses a unrealistic rush to uphold the device at this point in time. It can easily be a pain in the *** day to day, why put up?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jayw_s; 07-23-16 at 09:34 PM.
    07-23-16 09:19 PM
    It's not hard really... what drags about the passport? A fair bit compared to devices to devices currently on the market. People repeatedly ask whether it's still a sound purchase and people try their best to advocate the device in respite of its shortcomings.

Don't get me wrong. I want this device to last but it isn't up to it. I'm excited for the next blackberry pkb device.

Posted via CB10
    OK. That's fine I suppose.

But the Passport is still a great device if one wants a solid email platform, with a fantastic keyboard, and a unique formfactor.

Different strokes for different folks.

Gebo, Jrox74, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    07-23-16 09:27 PM
    Yes, because your needs are exactly what everyone else's needs are.

 Passport/SQW100-3  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    07-23-16 09:34 PM
    It's not hard really... how does the passport drag? A fair bit compared to devices to devices currently on the market. I have to restart the hub everyday to access my emails. People repeatedly ask whether it's still a sound purchase and people try their best to advocate the device in respite of its shortcomings.

Don't get me wrong. I want this device to last but it isn't up to it. I'm excited for the next blackberry pkb device if it upholds the ideas behind the hub and OS.

Maybe it's just me who senses a unrealistic rush to uphold the device at this point in time. It can easily be a pain in the *** day to day, why put up?

Posted via CB10
    Ok, so you've got A Passport with hub problem. Perhaps if you ask, plenty of people here will help you with how to sort it out.

Not every Passport got that problem yours ' having. But obviously the Passports are not the perfect phones. They have theirs shortcomings. People who stick with Passports love them for their pluses and can handle their minuses.

Posted from my Passport
    07-24-16 05:41 AM
    Its not the phones fault, its Blackberry's. The biggest problem I have with mine is the web browser. It used to be great, but lack of updates have relegated me to not use it anymore and use a second device if I want to browse the web. The Passport's is just too slow now. That's what happens when the OS stops being updated.
    07-24-16 05:51 AM
    Never ever ever ever had a problem with hub or the 4 email accounts on PPORT. Never lagged, never stuttered, never froze up.

Yep. A PassPort.
    David Tyler likes this.
    07-24-16 06:40 AM
    No issues here to speak of. Still very zippy despite upwards of 10 email accounts and a growing number of apps installed. Perhaps one or two instances where a problem loading a web site. I simply use one of two other browsers I have installed. The phone, subject to one's requirements and priorities, is not for everyone. For me, not sharing access to what seems like everything on my phone is high on the list. I don't want to "run the Google". Seems some of your complaints are not generally experienced by most PP owners so blanket statements in that regard appear overkill.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Asuhmiaseh; 07-24-16 at 02:16 PM.
    07-24-16 08:17 AM
    No Hub issues here either. 4 email addresses, FB, WhatsApp, along with notifications from LINE, Kik, Teleram and Zello.

Maybe you should address the issue rather than simply rebooting.
    07-24-16 12:07 PM
    Only thing I feel is that I can't deny how much I love my passport.
    Does everything I want it to and does it well. Still get people interested in the phone after owning one since the first release.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-16 12:24 PM
    There is a good faith in this forum that stinks of denial. The passport is far so from perfect from day to day use because it handles some of the most basic tasks with poor fluency.

I will defend it on the grounds of its beauty, the pkb, the general layout behind the hub and OS. The people recommending the purchase of this device at this stage either basic or in denial (including myself). I'm in the uk and the passport is a hamper.

Wait it out on a samsung and just purchase the next pkb device BlackBerry offer on android.

Posted via CB10
    Why is it a hamper? I'm liking mine, besides the hick ups that pop up and go away at timesm my notification chosen when it wants to notify me sounds or not

No Shade Just Light!!! Silver Passport 10.3.2.2639
    07-24-16 02:56 PM
    I don't feel that way at all. I just bought another Passport and considering moving back to ATT simply to be able to use it again on a regular basis. I believe it's the most unique device in the smartphone market and a solid contender no matter the OS. I would buy it running Android as well.
    07-24-16 03:11 PM
    Dude, just because YOUR PASSPORT SUCKS, doesn't mean all other Passports are. Your hub problems are an extreme minority, and most likely can be fixed, if only you asked nicely.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 07-24-16 at 09:54 PM.
    acovey likes this.
    07-24-16 03:11 PM
    [QUOTE=jayw_s;12516181]There is a good faith in this forum that stinks of denial. The passport is far so from perfect from day to day use because it handles some of the most basic tasks with poor fluency.

Posted via CB10[/Q

SHOCKING.......................................... ..............its BREXIT..........................................ma ybe not..............................like everything in life what does not work for you, works fine for others. Before I switched to the Priv, my Passport was bullet proof. No issues with hub nothing, sounds like more of an network issue than the phone...........its the EU..........SHOCKING
    07-24-16 03:19 PM
    Definitely something wrong with your Hub setup if you have to restart it everyday to access emails. Guaranteed.
    Jrox74 likes this.
    07-24-16 05:01 PM
    Definitely something wrong with your Hub setup if you have to restart it everyday to access emails. Guaranteed.
    I have 3 email accounts and since Oct 2014 when I first bought my Passport, I have NEVER had to restart the Hub. Go figure!
    rarsen and anon(9353145) like this.
    07-24-16 05:05 PM
    Hard to take only 3 months and 38 post seriously.!

But, maybe all our Passports suck and we just don't know it (but then, you KNOW you can't take me seriously!)
    07-24-16 06:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    When's the last time you rebooted your device?

You've may have something there as far as denial.
    We have about 9 to 11 THOUSAND people from all over the world on this website at any given moment. In the case of the Passport, maybe 0ne in 500 have an issue with something.
    They blame it on everything, but are in denial that it may be their own fault. That could be the reason it seems to stink more to you than the rest of us.
    acovey, PHughes and Notna Nosyel like this.
    07-24-16 06:50 PM
    I think the OPs hub can be fixed but the basic point is valid. The browser on a Passport isn't tops, the android runtime (a selling point) is several generations behind, waiting for the assistant to start listening is interminable, and it takes two hands to do everything. Not to mention the fact that you can't swap the battery and it sits like a box of pop tarts in your pocket (I know, I knew that when I bought it). Fairly or not it also labels the owner as an ***** or a genius, with nothing in between Typing on it starts out great but can become a workout , the longer you type.

I have a Passport. I paid full price when they were expensive. I can see its shortcomings. On balance I like it and I miss the swipes, the incredible mics and speakers, and the best reception ever.

But it is now in a drawer, which is my version of a grave for cell phones.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-24-16 07:03 PM
    LOL!

Posted via CB10
    07-24-16 07:29 PM
55 123