I just had a convo with virgin mobile live chat and here is the response:

ME: Did you find out about the phone?

Christian: There is no date yet when it will be released.

ME: but it is coming to virgin mobile?

Christian: Yes.

ME: do you know the price or guess the price on the device?

Christian: No update yet with the price. I bet will come aroung October.

ME: I thought it would be released last week of September?

Christian: I mean with Virgin.

09-19-14 01:43 PM
    I think all canadian carriers will be on board fairly quick
    09-19-14 04:25 PM
    For God's sake, can all these customer service confirmations be merged into a single thread?

Not saying they're entirely without value, but I actually work for a subsidiary of Bell and I can promise you that the reps are absolutely the last people in the company to be given any actual information.
    09-19-14 04:34 PM
    For God's sake, can all these customer service confirmations be merged into a single thread?

Not saying they're entirely without value, but I actually work for a subsidiary of Bell and I can promise you that the reps are absolutely the last people in the company to be given any actual information.
    Why would you suggest that the posts be merged? Bell and Rogers are totally different companies, so if I am with Bell, it is obvious that I might not be interested in when or what they are doing at Rogers.
    As usual, one doesn't have to read every post.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 09:01 AM
    Hang in the guys, we will find out in 4 days. To all the US buyers (including me) lets hope we get some good news
    09-20-14 12:00 PM
    I can't see virgin mobile getting a Flagship device like the BlackBerry Passport. They're a subsidiary of Bell Mobility.

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    andy957 likes this.
    09-20-14 08:33 PM
    I can't see virgin mobile getting a Flagship device like the BlackBerry Passport. They're a subsidiary of Bell Mobility.

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    They carry the latest Galaxy and iPhones (well latest iPhone before the 6 released). But they carry zero BlackBerry devices. To me no Q, Z, or Legacy devices is a bigger clue that they wouldn't carry the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 09:50 PM
    Why would you suggest that the posts be merged? Bell and Rogers are totally different companies, so if I am with Bell, it is obvious that I might not be interested in when or what they are doing at Rogers.
    As usual, one doesn't have to read every post.

Posted via CB10
    As much as we're talking about different companies, the threads are all the same.

"I was talking to a CSR at [carrier] and they told me that the Passport was going to be available! But couldn't say for sure when!"

As I say, the CSRs and retail staff are the LAST people to know before the customers. The company does this deliberately because they'd rather these people focus on selling what's available NOW.

If, by chance, some of them receive advance training, they're putting their jobs in jeopardy by discussing release dates ahead of time. And all their calls are recorded.

These posts are interchangeable and that's why I say they should be merged into some kind of "random CSR/retail discussion about Passport" thread. They are not "news". News would be a leaked e-mail from someone in marketing, or even a leaked screenshot of an inventory screen.
    09-20-14 10:28 PM
    Virgin does carry the red Q5 exclusively in Canada. Probably won't have the Passport though.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    09-20-14 11:45 PM
    All I ever wanted to do is share my knowledge and excitement! Why the buzzkill man? You really must be fun to be around lol. (directed to the guy who wants to crucify people wasting threads in a forum?)

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 01:00 AM
    I highly doubt it. One of my friends is a sales rep in a popular and busy Virgin Mobile location in the GTA and while talking to her a couple days ago, she didn't even know the BlackBerry Passport even existed. Sad!

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 02:09 AM
    All I ever wanted to do is share my knowledge and excitement! Why the buzzkill man? You really must be fun to be around lol. (directed to the guy who wants to crucify people wasting threads in a forum?)

Posted via CB10
    I get that you're excited, and I'm sorry to be a buzzkill.

Let me give you an example. There's a thread about the BlackBerry Store in Dubai, and it's WAY more credible. The store ONLY sells BlackBerry and they're the actual corporate store. They actually would have availability info.

I repeat, I work for a subsidiary of Bell and I know what they tend to communicate internally. CSRs don't know squat yet.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 12:23 PM
    I just had a convo with virgin mobile live chat and here is the response:

ME: Did you find out about the phone?

Christian: There is no date yet when it will be released.

ME: but it is coming to virgin mobile?

Christian: Yes.

ME: do you know the price or guess the price on the device?

Christian: No update yet with the price. I bet will come aroung October.

ME: I thought it would be released last week of September?

Christian: I mean with Virgin.

You do know that carriers will almost always tell you that a phone will come or might come just so that you don't switch cell phone providers?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 12:55 PM
    Northern tel by any chance?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 01:25 PM
    Northern tel by any chance?

Posted via CB10
    Close

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 02:26 AM