I can't: help but think that with all these inventory issues...the 'Black is back', as a hardware manufacturer of 'a few good phones'.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 07:09 AM
    Which is where it should be: can't be all things to all people.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 07:11 AM
  3. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Yeah take anything they say with a grain of salt. I saw some available to purchase today, but such a sour taste with shopblackberry that I am going to stick to online classifieds.
    Let's hope it's true and Blackberry has a large production ready for sale... lots of eager buyers await.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 07:32 AM
    Seems like they are being super tight with the production of this phone. I guess they don't want to over produce like they did with the Z10. Looks like no fire sale of the passport will be coming lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 07:38 AM
    Saw my first passport in the wild today.

A woman in a Range Rover was on her passport and I noticed her do the gesture to get back to the hub that I've done so many times.

I felt like giving her a hug lol.

Posted via CB10
    LOL! I know what you mean!! When I see people with BB10 devices nowadays, I immediately see them as being independent, objective, and unwilling to follow the crowds! I have lots of respect for BB10 users- especially in the US where the BlackBerry hatred and ridicule has been the worst!!

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    twirlyboy, mister2d and thymaster like this.
    11-04-14 08:55 AM
    You can buy one on Amazon for $599. It will say "out of stock, will ship when back in stock". However, I went ahead and placed the order and got an email the next day that it would be shipping the flowing day. I have heard this from multiple people as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 09:33 AM
    LOL! I know what you mean!! When I see people with BB10 devices nowadays, I immediately see them as being independent, objective, and unwilling to follow the crowds! I have lots of respect for BB10 users- especially in the US where the BlackBerry hatred and ridicule has been the worst!!

At one time buying a BlackBerry was following the crowd...

It's an electronic device that does stuff, does it do the stuff you want? If so it's the device for you. If it doesn't, then look around and see if there is a devices that does the stuff you want done. Most likely there are others that also like that device and have chosen it too, and you'll be following them.

My wife just bought an iPhone 6... not because it's popular, directly. But because she has an iPad and is comfortable with the OS and she wanted a good camera and to be able to use Instagram Things she did not like about my Z10 the many times she has used it - as the OS is too different and not very consistent, camera is just so-so, and Instagram compatibility changes.

Before she didn't really care for the small size of the iPhone, but Apple changed it and now it fits her needs. Just wish BlackBerry had the ability to do something like change the form factor and it suddenly brought millions of new users to the platform.
    11-04-14 02:23 PM
    This device does more for me than any IOS and you can take that to the bank. I need
    - the hub
    - quick peak
    - robust design
    - stainless frame
    - secure platform
    - fantastic file manager
    - great support for media file without being tied to itunes
    - android app support
    - fantastic real physical keyboard
    - touch sensitive track pad function
    - wide screen so don't need to rotate the device to read documents
    - the best browser experience
    - 3 gb of ram
    - active frames that I can see all at once
    - survives a drop from 20 ft
    And the list goes on

And Iphone nor Android can do this for me. There you go that's my impressions

Posted with my 5 week old superb Passport!
    11-04-14 02:29 PM
    I have yet to see a single Passport in the wild. Where are all of these Passport owners hiding?

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1418 / T-Mobile USA
    thymaster likes this.
    11-04-14 03:02 PM
    If you don't see one you probably don't have one or you are somewhere the world has forgotten about. Hahaha. Just kidding. Had to say that.
    11-04-14 03:07 PM
    The world would be a lot more peaceful if everyone had a BlackBerry so we could hug each other instead

See how friendly BlackBerry users are? (just don't p*ss us off ;D)

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 04:33 PM
    4 coworkers went to rogers and got the phone after seeing mine. You welcome Rogers/Blackberry lol
    11-04-14 04:39 PM

It's an electronic device that does stuff, does it do the stuff you want? If so it's the device for you. If it doesn't, then look around and see if there is a devices that does the stuff you want done. Most likely there are others that also like that device and have chosen it too, and you'll be following them.

My wife just bought an iPhone 6... not because it's popular, directly. But because she has an iPad and is comfortable with the OS and she wanted a good camera and to be able to use Instagram Things she did not like about my Z10 the many times she has used it - as the OS is too different and not very consistent, camera is just so-so, and Instagram compatibility changes.

Before she didn't really care for the small size of the iPhone, but Apple changed it and now it fits her needs. Just wish BlackBerry had the ability to do something like change the form factor and it suddenly brought millions of new users to the platform.
    Just because someone else bought a device before you does not mean you followed them. If you get it because other people have it and say they like it without doing any of your own research, then you are a follower.

Aren't the Z phones the same black candy bar as 99% of phones on the market today?
    kthhrrsn and thymaster like this.
    11-04-14 06:12 PM
    This device does more for me than any IOS and you can take that to the bank. I need
    - the hub
    - quick peak
    - robust design
    - stainless frame
    - secure platform
    - fantastic file manager
    - great support for media file without being tied to itunes
    - android app support
    - fantastic real physical keyboard
    - touch sensitive track pad function
    - wide screen so don't need to rotate the device to read documents
    - the best browser experience
    - 3 gb of ram
    - active frames that I can see all at once
    - survives a drop from 20 ft
    And the list goes on

And Iphone nor Android can do this for me. There you go that's my impressions

Posted with my 5 week old superb Passport!
    Well said.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 09:50 PM

So...you disagree?

Here's a great site for you to check out: www.imore.com

11-04-14 11:08 PM
    Saw my first passport in the wild today.

A woman in a Range Rover was on her passport and I noticed her do the gesture to get back to the hub that I've done so many times.

I felt like giving her a hug lol.

Posted via CB10
    If you see me with mine please don't give me a hug. Well unless you are female......lol

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 11:17 PM
    Agreed. Amazon will keep you in the loop all the time. They won't leave you hanging like Digital River and make you 2nd guess your purchase.
    11-04-14 11:55 PM
    Amazon has some in stock at $599.
    11-05-14 12:28 AM
    I was in a lineup at a big box retailer. A manager came up, asked about it, then asked to hold it. He liked the keyboard and large clear screen. It surprised me. In 12 years of owning these things it is the first time that happened: a stranger wanting to look at and hold my smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 08:46 PM
    My experience with ShopBlackBerry/DigitalRiver was actually quite good. I noticed the phone in stock Tuesday and selected Domestic Express 2 Day shipping. FedEx notified me Wednesday it was in transit and right now it's in Newark and will be here by tomorrow (Friday) at 8pm. So I've had no issues and they've kept me updated all along the the last day in a half. Clearly they screwed up the first batch but I think they got it right this time around.
    11-06-14 09:51 PM
    I've had a number of people drool over mine at local places around here. A couple of people turned around and ordered them -- from their iPhones -- on Amazon immediately after playing with it for a couple of minutes.

The what the hell is that?​ factor is very real with this device.
    11-06-14 11:09 PM
46 12