Hello everyone,

Two weeks ago my Passport`s keyboard touch sense died. I can`t scroll, wipe words, etc...

Yesterday I got the notification for the latest update, done it.
    When the phone started I completed the setup and got to the point with the keyboard tutorials.
    I can`t go further from that point because the keyboard capacitive sense is not working and the setup is expecting to move the circle in the left and right side of the screen.

What can I do? How can I skip the tutorials phase? What can I do about the keyboard? Everything else it`s working fine, all the keys, back illumination.....

Any idea?

Regards,
    Vlad
    09-10-15 03:53 PM
    Hello everyone,

Two weeks ago my Passport`s keyboard touch sense died. I can`t scroll, wipe words, etc...

Yesterday I got the notification for the latest update, done it.
    When the phone started I completed the setup and got to the point with the keyboard tutorials.
    I can`t go further from that point because the keyboard capacitive sense is not working and the setup is expecting to move the circle in the left and right side of the screen.

What can I do? How can I skip the tutorials phase? What can I do about the keyboard? Everything else it`s working fine, all the keys, back illumination.....

Any idea?

Regards,
    Vlad
    If you are still on warranty just send it back
    09-10-15 04:03 PM
    If you bought it within the last thirty days, you can call the help line service free of charge. They are surprisingly attentive and thorough for a call centre, and they do follow up by email and phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 04:04 PM
    The help line number is in the Passport box.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 04:05 PM
    I bought it a few months ago. I don`t have the box any more, I would google it. It`s a bit frustrating that you can`t cancel the tutorial in order to start the phone. I assume they think the capacitive sense is bullet proof. In my case is not.

I have an old Nokia E61i, 7 years old. It`s been trough hell and back and works as good as ever. To have this failure after a couple of months with very little use makes me think seriously about PP`s reliability and if I am safe to use it all the time without a backup phone.

Regards,
    Vlad
    09-10-15 04:47 PM
    Within Thirty days you can get your money back, swap it or just get it repaired..
    09-10-15 04:56 PM
    Try a hard reset of the phone before.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    09-12-15 01:37 PM
    Send in for repair, replacement, ask for a loaner passport, depending on where you are located, should be free with 100% refundable deposit

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    09-12-15 01:42 PM