I was a Snap2Chat Pro user so when Snap10 Pro became available, I sent my old Blackberry World receipt to the developer of Snap2Chat/Snap10 so that I wouldn't have to pay for the app again. In response to my email, I received a .bar file of Snap10 "pro". After side loading the .bar file, the focus on my camera stopped working immediately. Everything would be blurry because the camera wasn't focusing anymore. On top of that, my camera keeps making the sound you would hear when the lens zooms in and out (usually in a normal digital camera not a smartphone camera). I'm really disappointed by what happened. I contacted Blackberry and they asked me to send in the device for repair.

I was wondering did anyone have similar issues? And if there were any possible solutions (other than sending it back to Blackberry for repair?
    12-05-14 12:21 PM
    Back it up, wipe it and reinstall the newest OS. Prob a software glitch. If that doesn't work THEN send it in for repair.
    12-05-14 12:27 PM
    I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the app. Sounds like the image stabilization and focus motor has failed.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 12:40 PM
    Agree.

CB10 on my Passport
    12-05-14 12:40 PM
    My camera did the same thing, all of a sudden wouldn't focus though I could hear it "trying"...friend wiping, reinstalling the OS, with and without Android apps and finally just sent it back and got a replacement. I would start with all the easy fixes and if that doesn't work send it in for repair/replacement.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 12:42 PM
    Back it up, wipe it and reinstall the newest OS. Prob a software glitch. If that doesn't work THEN send it in for repair.
    I already did that with after I talked to the Blackberry support team. They had me backup my phone, do a security wipe, and then reinstall the latest software. It still didn't fix the issue. That's when they told me I had to send it to them so that they can see what the issue is.
    12-05-14 12:43 PM
    Uninstall the app and see if that helps

Or do a hard reset and see if that help.

I'm also using snap 10 pro and I don't have this issue.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 12:43 PM
    I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the app. Sounds like the image stabilization and focus motor has failed.

Posted via CB10
    It's just that a few minutes before installing the app, my camera was completely fine. But after side loading it, all of a sudden my camera was having issues. That's what made me connect the problem with me side loading the app.
    12-05-14 12:45 PM
    Blackberry has already sent me the box so that I would send the device back to them. I'll try to wipe the device and reinstall the latest OS again. If that doesn't work then I'm sending it to Blackberry for repair.
    12-05-14 12:46 PM
    My camera did the same thing, all of a sudden wouldn't focus though I could hear it "trying"...

Posted via CB10
    This is exactly what I'm dealing with.
    12-05-14 12:48 PM
    I was a Snap2Chat Pro user so when Snap10 Pro became available, I sent my old Blackberry World receipt to the developer of Snap2Chat/Snap10 so that I wouldn't have to pay for the app again. In response to my email, I received a .bar file of Snap10 "pro". After side loading the .bar file, the focus on my camera stopped working immediately. Everything would be blurry because the camera wasn't focusing anymore. On top of that, my camera keeps making the sound you would hear when the lens zooms in and out (usually in a normal digital camera not a smartphone camera). I'm really disappointed by what happened. I contacted Blackberry and they asked me to send in the device for repair.

I was wondering did anyone have similar issues? And if there were any possible solutions (other than sending it back to Blackberry for repair?
    What OS are you running?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 12:57 PM
    What OS are you running?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 01:44 PM
    If you were on 10.3.1.11XX, if you press 'F' whilst the camera is open, it focusses.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 02:21 PM
    I'm going to say that it has nothing to do with the Snap10 app and it is just a coincidence.

I know someone who had a Z10 that won't focus properly anymore. Tried a bunch of things to fix it, concluded it must be hardware.
    12-05-14 02:40 PM
    Anyways thank you all for your input. Looks like I'm going to send it to Blackberry for repair.
    12-05-14 05:16 PM
    I got same problem! It's not connected with os or snap. It just about cameras focus mechanism. Some times it stuck. When my phone felt to the ground it start work. After I got same issue again and just hit phone of table a little and it start work again. Sad story and bad method but haven't other choise((

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 05:17 PM
    Mine was dodgy too when I was on the same OS as u. Upgrade to 10.3.1.1151 leak and it should be alright.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 01:49 AM
    I think it was a coincidence and has nothing to do with the app destroying your camera. I remember many years ago when I installed new Widnows software with all drivers on my brothers computer and, just a few hours later, his trusty old monitor suddenly started to fail. Had nothing to do with the new software and drivers, even though it looked like it.

More recently over in the Q10 you can read users having problems with failing keys right after they updated their software. In most cases it was just a bad coincidence and had nothing to do with the OS update.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 02:50 AM
    Not the app for sure

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 08:40 AM