My Passport's camera has always been slow to focus, but since the official 10.3.2 update, it rarely focuses at all. And when it tries to, it makes a "static" noise that also shows up on the screen in the form of horizontal lines. This also sometimes happens when I open the Whine app. Anyone have any ideas?
    Passport camera acting really strange-img_20150711_205158.jpg
    Passport camera acting really strange-img_20150714_202729.jpg

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 11:23 PM
    Try to hold the 'shutter' button until the 'green square' appear in your screen then release the shutter...

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 11:25 PM
    Welcome to BlackBerry passport!!!
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    07-14-15 11:42 PM
    Here's mine...
    Passport camera acting really strange-img_20150715_124252.jpg
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    07-14-15 11:43 PM
    My Passport's camera has always been slow to focus, but since the official 10.3.2 update, it rarely focuses at all. And when it tries to, it makes a "static" noise that also shows up on the screen in the form of horizontal lines. This also sometimes happens when I open the Whine app. Anyone have any ideas?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150711_205158.jpg 
Views:	878 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	362538

Name:	IMG_20150714_202729.jpg 
Views:	879 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	362539

Posted via CB10
    I am currently having the same problem. There's no point asking about it here in the forums as everyone would just bombard you with the same glorified 'solution' which is to hold down the shutter button. It will not work for us as this is a hardware issue. Go seek technical support at your retailer, as I am doing the same this weekend.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 01:54 AM
    Thank God the new version did not come for my Passport, can deal with it now but not sure if I could with the new one, is this what you call a camera update BBY?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 04:25 AM
    I love taking pics but the focus is way to slow and doesn't hold once you get it,this is actualy a big minus for a great phone,a 5 star phone to boot.
    07-15-15 04:35 AM
    I am currently having the same problem. There's no point asking about it here in the forums as everyone would just bombard you with the same glorified 'solution' which is to hold down the shutter button. It will not work for us as this is a hardware issue. Go seek technical support at your retailer, as I am doing the same this weekend.

Posted via CB10
    It's not hardware issue and it's not software issue.

It's limitation of software.
    You can only zoom in so far on things and than focus become fuzzy and image stabilization sometime becomes shaky.

Also if you were using HDR, the shutter is not a quick single flash like a normal picture would be. So keep that in mind also.

Passport does take great pictures. But they also have some tweaking to do to make it even better.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    07-15-15 05:11 AM

You can only zoom in so far on things and than focus become fuzzy and image stabilization sometime becomes shaky.

Also if you were using HDR, the shutter is not a quick single flash like a normal picture would be. So keep that in mind also.

Passport does take great pictures. But they also have some tweaking to do to make it even better.

As for the constant focusing and re focusing. Try a power down of the device, or a reload of the OS thru link.
    For me before the update my phone was going crazy with the auto focus. I had to hold the phone very still or use focus lock a lot.

07-15-15 05:14 AM

I've said in other threads and I'll say it again. I do wish it was some software issue which could be solved by some sort of software update, but this particular problem OP is facing is the inability to focus AT ALL no matter what we try to do. There will be one out of few hundred times when the focus works after a second of vibration at the lens and some buzzing when the camera is booted up, otherwise it just dies and refuse to focus on anything no matter we zoom-in on macro, the famous hold-down-the-shutter or what not. I am convinced it is downright hardware failure of the focus lens.

However I do agree with you on those points. Had to spend some time to tweak and set up my camera for a perfect shot when my camera was working properly before. BlackBerry just has to improve it to outdo it's competitors camera-wise.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 06:34 AM
    I love taking pics but the focus is way to slow and doesn't hold once you get it,this is actualy a big minus for a great phone,a 5 star phone to boot.
    Actually based on what I spotted if you take a satisfactory classic, after a few seconds in picture viewer it turns out to look really good

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 06:44 AM
    How's video focus and stability?

07-15-15 07:13 AM

Name:	IMG_20150711_205158.jpg 
Views:	878 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	362538

Name:	IMG_20150714_202729.jpg 
Views:	879 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	362539

Posted via CB10
    Will you please try denying camera access to all except your BlackBerry native apps and try shooting? In fact, with every OS update, the camera function has been steady improving. Of course, my personal experience.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 08:09 AM
    To be clear, I was speaking of the first 10.3.2 update. When I posted, I was not aware of the new 10.3.2 update. Since then I have received the OTA update so I am hoping that after a few days the camera will have improved.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 05:17 PM
    To be clear, I was speaking of the first 10.3.2 update. When I posted, I was not aware of the new 10.3.2 update. Since then I have received the OTA update so I am hoping that after a few days the camera will have improved.

Posted via CB10
    How does video recording work out?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 06:08 PM
    Passport camera acting really strange-img_20150715_182653.jpg

Mine is fine. Been running the 2339 leak for a few weeks.

Posted via Passport - 10.3.2.2339
    07-15-15 06:27 PM