Passport Calculator Keys-img_20150909_073201.png

Take a look at the shortcut keys for the numbers. They're mirrored vertically. Has anyone noticed this annoying design inconsistency? I know the shortcuts are this way because of the drop-in virtual keyboard (text input), but this doesn't really work for the calculator app.

The top row numbers are inputted by the bottom row of the keyboard, while the bottom row numbers are inputted by the top.

Something needs to change here.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 12:37 AM
    I didn't know that the "getting used to" with Passport keyboard will be in this whole new level of keyboard mapping! I know it's easy to say that you can just tap the virtual keys, but I do understand if you it gets frustrating . Hopefully they change it in the upcoming updates, if still there is.
    09-09-15 05:48 AM
    I guess your arguments makes sense but it's done that way so as to keep the same layout as on the Q10 or Classic. It's not an isue for me, I just type away on the keyboard without really looking at the on-screen layout.
    On a side note, what would be most annoying for me here is that they didn't keep the same layout for the operation symbols (+-*/).

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    09-09-15 05:57 AM
    I guess your arguments makes sense but it's done that way so as to keep the same layout as on the Q10 or Classic. It's not an isue for me, I just type away on the keyboard without really looking at the on-screen layout.
    On a side note, what would be most annoying for me here is that they didn't keep the same layout for the operation symbols (+-*/).

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    I can understand that, but isn't it a bit of an anachronism at this point? I can understand why it is the way it is now, and maybe it's not such a big deal, I just noticed it today and it didn't feel right.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 12:12 PM
    Had never noticed. I guess I just prefer to press on the large squares taking up 90% of the screen.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 12:26 PM