So much sarcasm here I can't tell if you understood my post or your just bored and think you should be on comedy central........

Posted via CB10
    Ooh ouch. Someone's grumpy.
    02-22-17 11:59 AM
    It's just not old yet. You have superior software working here on decent hardware. If you have experience chasing performance on a computer you know what jewel mix we have here.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    02-22-17 12:02 PM
    Page load times will vary by site, and are just one piece of the puzzle. On most sites, my Z30 would load on a par with my Z Force using FireFox. On CrackBerry, the Z30 loses by a long, long shot. The look and capabilities on loaded pages is where the difference is more pronounced. There, the BB10 browser cannot compete, especially both set to desktop.

There is one thing BB10 does do better though. Read mode is awesome!
    02-22-17 10:39 PM
    Today I decided to do a speed test on the browser and compare it to a Galaxy S7. Made sure to clear cookies with Google as the search engine and reboot both devices.
    I used Telus's website as the test and of the hop with the first load of Telus's website the Passport won hands down. I was blown away. After that the results varied between tie and the S7 winning but not by much. For the most part the S7 won the tests but with negligible difference.

Have to say for the age of the Passport the device still holds its own.
    I would like to challenge anyone to choose a phone that is newer and perform a test with the same preparation before hand.
    Please post your results here and share.
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    It goes without saying, I believe in you more than anyone else here. Anyone questions that and I'll see to it that they're on the other end of Porters challenge.
    Now, here's where I'm going to do my very best to choose my words carefully but just remember IF you read something the wrong way, I meant it with the highest respect and because I'd like to live at least through the rest of this year without fear!
    Now, most of you know I will only give up my Passport IF the day comes that our very own "Passporter_THE" lays his to rest! It'll never happen NEVER... but, it's only Human to prepare for the worst.
    I've been hearing rumors lately.... ugly rumors, whispers of Passporter beginning to fall into what can only be called....... a state of denial.
    Now ,I myself or anyone of Passporters other loyal followers must find the source of this trash talk before Passporter finds it himself. If it gets that far there will be no where to run or hide. No one will be safe.

I'm sure it's nothing more than just ugly rumors but in this Year Of The Clown (or four years) we must be vigilant.
    I've already said more than I care to, Keep the faith and the airwaves safe!

The_Passporter likes this.
    02-23-17 06:17 AM
    ATT Passport and Lumia 950XL. Native browsers. I typed in a website I'm certain I've never been to before. Lumia won by a split second.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    02-23-17 06:20 AM
    It goes without saying, I believe in you more than anyone else here. Anyone questions that and I'll see to it that they're on the other end of Porters challenge.
    Now, here's where I'm going to do my very best to choose my words carefully but just remember IF you read something the wrong way, I meant it with the highest respect and because I'd like to live at least through the rest of this year without fear!
    Now, most of you know I will only give up my Passport IF the day comes that our very own "Passporter_THE" lays his to rest! It'll never happen NEVER... but, it's only Human to prepare for the worst.
    I've been hearing rumors lately.... ugly rumors, whispers of Passporter beginning to fall into what can only be called....... a state of denial.
    Now ,I myself or anyone of Passporters other loyal followers must find the source of this trash talk before Passporter finds it himself. If it gets that far there will be no where to run or hide. No one will be safe.

I'm sure it's nothing more than just ugly rumors but in this Year Of The Clown (or four years) we must be vigilant.
    I've already said more than I care to, Keep the faith and the airwaves safe!

Lmao! I know that when someone take the time out of their day to write a song as you did I do know that I am loved. <3
    If you ever want a seat at The Round I mean Square [ ] Table your chair is saved. The Mad King overlooks no loyal followers lol

Ha ha all good bro I did get a laugh

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 02-23-17 at 07:51 AM.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    02-23-17 07:06 AM
    Today I was on my Nvidia Shield Tablet over WiFi and using Chrome to browse to AutoTrader I discovered that the website loaded slow and the navigation on that site was slow and clunky to say the least. It was so bad I had to download the app to continue where as on my BlackBerry Passport it loaded lightning fast and navigation of the site was surprisingly elegant and smooth. It was actually way better to view on the Passport. And faster by a landslide.

Just thought I would throw that in there so when people complain about the BB10 browser I have to say I think different sites stroke different phones differently.

Still more than happy here at my square table. Grab a seat and a cup of java

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 08:42 AM
    Today I was on my Nvidia Shield Tablet over WiFi and using Chrome to browse to AutoTrader I discovered that the website loaded slow and the navigation on that site was slow and clunky to say the least. It was so bad I had to download the app to continue where as on my BlackBerry Passport it loaded lightning fast and navigation of the site was surprisingly elegant and smooth. It was actually way better to view on the Passport. And faster by a landslide.

Just thought I would throw that in there so when people complain about the BB10 browser I have to say I think different sites stroke different phones differently.

Still more than happy here at my square table. Grab a seat and a cup of java

Posted via CB10
    Yeah it definitely seems to be site dependent in some instances. I've had certain sites that just fly but others will barely load.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 08:49 AM
    So today I visited this website using my Nvidia Shield Tablet via Chrome browser.

http://www.alphr.com/software/100304...best-xbmc-repo

I was able to view the website and text for a while, then an add came up with now way of removing or closing. I was unable to view the page and was totally frustrated so I pulled out my BlackBerry Passport and viola.
    I am trying to give android the benefit of the doubt but I must say it is not as easy as it is on my BB10 Passport. Many may argue but try it for yourselves and see.

I was not using any add blocking on either device.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 07:41 PM
    So today I visited this website using my Nvidia Shield Tablet via Chrome browser.

How to install the Fusion repo on Kodi: Download the best XBMC repo | Alphr

I was able to view the website and text for a while, then an add came up with now way of removing or closing. I was unable to view the page and was totally frustrated so I pulled out my BlackBerry Passport and viola.
    I am trying to give android the benefit of the doubt but I must say it is not as easy as it is on my BB10 Passport. Many may argue but try it for yourselves and see.

I was not using any add blocking on either device.

Posted via CB10
    Try Firefox with ad blocker.
    Attached Thumbnails Passport browser VS. Samsung Galaxy S7 browser-tmp_1832-screenshot_20170226-1346171636365101.jpg  
    02-26-17 06:48 AM
    Thx BigBadWulf the tip is appreciated but I wasn't attempting to solve the problem just point out differences in the way the phones work with stock software or modification. I know Android is all about modification and addons there in can be much improved from the base or stock setup.
    My only goal here is to show that our browser is not as bad as some may say or portray it to be. Most non techie people don't download other browsers and just bear with what was given to them (likely apple defectors lol).

Posted via CB10
    Kbreen likes this.
    02-26-17 08:42 AM
    Thx BigBadWulf the tip is appreciated but I wasn't attempting to solve the problem just point out differences in the way the phones work with stock software or modification. I know Android is all about modification and addons there in can be much improved from the base or stock setup.
    My only goal here is to show that our browser is not as bad as some may say or portray it to be. Most non techie people don't download other browsers and just bear with what was given to them (likely apple defectors lol).

Posted via CB10
    Mkay, Chrome browser for ya:

Passport browser VS. Samsung Galaxy S7 browser-tmp_9731-screenshot_20170226-170231318745296.jpg

I can appreciate what you're trying to do, but just enjoy what you love. There's no point trying to prove anything, and chances are you'd lose.
    02-26-17 11:06 AM
    Mkay, Chrome browser for ya:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmp_9731-Screenshot_20170226-170231318745296.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	418182

I can appreciate what you're trying to do, but just enjoy what you love. There's no point trying to prove anything, and chances are you'd lose.
    Oh trust me I'm not trying to win I'm just trying to stay relevant for now lol

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-26-17 11:20 AM
    A week or 2 ago I did a browser test between my Passport running 10.3.2 and my daughter's iPhone 6S running iOS 10. The website chosen was unknown previously to both devices and the Passport was quicker by a noticeable difference. I know people complain about it being too old but it is still reasonable (at least for me). I have not compared it to a newer android device but pretty sure the Passport would get smoked.
    Passport SE too old? But it has not even two years...

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 12:09 PM
    Passport SE too old? But it has not even two years...

Posted via CB10
    I don't have an SE, I have an original black and it was bought in October of 2014. One of the first to buy and it has been 2 years 4 months now of problem-free phone.
    02-27-17 12:50 PM
40 12