Hi,
    Since i don't own a BlackBerry Passport i can't try Blend on my Z10 but i would like to know does the Blend Hub will show all the hub like on the phone so application like WhatsApp, Twitter, FaceBook etc. will be shown and can be interact with ?

Thanks!
    10-01-14 04:32 PM
    Nope only emails bbm text calendar file manager for now.
    10-01-14 04:36 PM
    As new accounts such as Facebook, Twitter are added to blend they will show up in the hub as well.

Blackberry has said they will be opening up the Blend api to devs at some point so long-term any app that makes use of the hub on your phone should eventually be available over blend.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    10-01-14 04:39 PM
    That sucks.. they locking the user to use only specific things ?! why not allowing every application in the hub to interact with Blend by design ?!

man .. i hate when they do half work for something that everyone knows could be a killer feature...
    BullGuard8 likes this.
    10-01-14 04:42 PM
    That sucks.. they locking the user to use only specific things ?! why not allowing every application in the hub to interact with Blend by design ?!

man .. i hate when they do half work for something that everyone knows could be a killer feature...
    Because they need permission from the owners of third party software.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    10-01-14 05:19 PM
    And because blackberry is about security , they dont let anything slide past them without getting it reviewed.
    10-01-14 05:38 PM
    they need permission ?! they mirroring the device no need to have permission and also there is no issue of security it's an issue of usabillity and doing half work.. just see how long it took them to bring "endless folder icons" while everyone has that.. it's about thinking what really matters to the user and not what they think the user need.

they should have implemented a complete mirror API so nothing will be missed to the user and wait another 2 years for a simple feature.
    10-01-14 05:43 PM
    I believe apps have to be properly updated by the developers to work with Blend. It's not just a straight up mirror, display what the HUB displays. For instance, with BBM I have access to almost the full app, everything except the shop part. So, I can view BBM channels from Blend. Developers can basically make their whole app available on Blend, think how much more powerful this is then what you are asking for.
    10-01-14 06:36 PM
    is there a developer here that seen the SDK to know if indeed this is a new option that exposed to the developer of an app to be able to register it self to the Blend Hub ?
    10-01-14 06:54 PM
    I just wanna edit my phone contacts on the PC that's all
    10-01-14 07:26 PM
    is there a developer here that seen the SDK to know if indeed this is a new option that exposed to the developer of an app to be able to register it self to the Blend Hub ?
    I believe someone said the API is not out yet... it is typical to stager releases like this for new features. Like the NFC on the iPhone. I'm certain more will come due to the lay out and what was said at the release event.

I just wanna edit my phone contacts on the PC that's all
    This is very odd and my thoughts exactly. You can make a new one but you can't edit an existing one. You can edit a calendar entry though. Very strange, seems like an oversight.
    10-01-14 07:32 PM