Anyone notice the blackberry logo on the back of the passport start to rust?? It must be metal and wore down and now looks like it has some slight rusting.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 06:58 AM
    There have been one or two topics regarding this already. The BlackBerry logo of the Passport seems prone to this "rusting" or at least discoloration and another issue would be weak glue, so parts of it falling out of the back for no reason.

Those discoloration effects have first been thought to be a result of agressive cleansers, however they also appeared for people who only clean their devices with standard microfiber clothes, which of course should have no impact on the materials.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 07:54 AM
    I don't treat my passport particularly well and I don't have any issues with the logo. If you are having problems with it I suggest calling BlackBerry or the vendor and getting it fixed or replaced.
    BlackBerry quality control has gone downhill it seems, and they should not let that happen. Send it back and get a new device
    04-27-15 10:52 AM
    Yep, mine has started to go!! One of the seven pieces of metal is brown. :-(

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 01:01 PM
    I don't treat my passport particularly well and I don't have any issues with the logo. If you are having problems with it I suggest calling BlackBerry or the vendor and getting it fixed or replaced.
    BlackBerry quality control has gone downhill it seems, and they should not let that happen. Send it back and get a new device
    My BlackBerry Passport definitely gets a fair amount of abuse and isn't protected most of the time, no sign of any issues despite being chucked about, left in humid environments and so on.

Even if there was some discolouration of the logo, it's not a big deal and doesn't stop the device working so I'd still not see the big deal. Heck, my Note 2 is battered after 2.8 years and still works absolutely fine. I don't buy my devices as a fashion item, I believe there's an alternative fruit if that's a big deal to you.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    04-27-15 02:39 PM
    My BlackBerry Passport definitely gets a fair amount of abuse and isn't protected most of the time, no sign of any issues despite being chucked about, left in humid environments and so on.

Even if there was some discolouration of the logo, it's not a big deal and doesn't stop the device working so I'd still not see the big deal. Heck, my Note 2 is battered after 2.8 years and still works absolutely fine. I don't buy my devices as a fashion item, I believe there's an alternative fruit if that's a big deal to you.

Posted via CB10
    Well why not put a case on your phone if you don't care about 'fashion'? If you want a functional device I'd assume you'd protect it since you're all about function lmao.

Regarding fashion: it's a gigantic phone deemed to be hideous left and right. When you walk around with an attention grabbing thing like this, the least you can do is keep it clean and when people wonder what is, I'd rather they see the BlackBerry logo, instead of rustberry. Also, paying almost 700$ for a phone that has a 10cent logo coming off or discoloring, no way will I accept that cheap quality.
    04-27-15 06:10 PM
    Anyone notice the blackberry logo on the back of the passport start to rust?? It must be metal and wore down and now looks like it has some slight rusting.

Posted via CB10
    What are you using to clean the phone?
    04-27-15 06:18 PM
    My original black Passport from September is perfectly fine as far as the back cover and BlackBerry logo. I'm also curious if reports of the logo falling off and now rusting are from those possibly using something to clean the back of the Passport.

So far, with 3 Passports in use and one being from launch, the build quality including the logo have been rock solid. I guess the good thing is that the logo can be completely removed for a stealth look or replaced for next to nothing. Hopefully if I end up with any build quality issues it'll be this! Much better than trying to deal with a screen lifting lol.

All in all, if I didn't frequent this forum my opinion would be that the Passport is built like a beast!

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 06:31 PM
    YES!! I thought I was the only one in the world with this issue. It's all began to turn a nasty copper color. I've been forced to wear a case to cover it up...

Sent from my Passport
    04-27-15 08:16 PM
    Thanks. Glad I have a case
    04-27-15 08:21 PM
    I think that's cool. Like a nice patina. Tough enough to rust, but not break. LOL.
    04-27-15 09:05 PM
    Thanks. Glad I have a case
    The discoloration also happened to people who actually kept their Passport inside a case all the time.
    04-28-15 04:25 AM
    Wow this was a hot topic!!

This is from wear and tear. I am on the phone much more than any normal person, I probably answer around 200 or so emails a day from the device along with using it for just about everything, GPS, directions, notes, emails, one note, etc...needless to say this phone is getting some use.

I don't normally keep the phone in a case because I don't like the feel and I am not complaining about it just wondering if I am the only person with this issue.

Thanks for all the replies and FYI I would never buy a phone from another fruit I am a blackberry die hard loyal fan!!!

BB4LIFE!!

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 06:11 AM
    8 months and still shinning. I must be doing something right
    04-28-15 08:54 AM