Hey guys my phone has been hot everytime I use it even on light usage. Also my battery level decreases drastically.

Passport battery problem.-img_20140926_164757.png

What could be the reason? The OS has settled already yet it still becomes hot.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 07:48 AM
    Woah... not even released for 24 hours and there is a 'Passport battery problem.' Thread already?

I must be dreaming!!!

Try and keep it fully charged a whole day. before proper usage.
    BB_Junky likes this.
    09-26-14 07:52 AM
    This is going to be a pita but you need to remove and readd all your email accounts.

If you haven't done a hardbreset already? I assume volume up and down will work for that?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 07:54 AM
    Did you update your phone to the latest firmware available?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 07:54 AM
    To OP: from your battery usage chart, it is the PIM services use up all the battery. I suggest you do a reset or Hard reset .. search on the forum given this
    --------------------
    This is reputedly the favored method of BlackBerry's development staff. It has the advantage of being quicker than the "power off/on" method, with the slight disadvantage (or advantage?) of taking a screenshot of your device screen every time you execute it.

Hold down both volume buttons at the same time, for about 10 seconds, until the screen goes black.
    Some people prefer to continue holding the buttons until the square blue BlackBerry starting logo appears. (Another 30 sec or so)
    The device will restart by itself.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...device-927512/
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI, the OS need time to settle with the email, social profile, thats why been chatting crazy, but use 24% of battery, it is a bit too much, try hard reset the phone first.
    09-26-14 07:59 AM
    It fixes it for awhile then all of a sudden drops. Also the phone is hot maybe I gotta reinstall the OS? I remember seeing a leak OS for the passport only a few weeks back, not sure what OS that was.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 08:15 AM
    My phone also is hot when not in use. I took the passport off the charger around 7 this morning and at 9:15 it was already down to 83%. And all I did was send two text messages.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 08:20 AM
    What could be the problem?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 08:24 AM
    Couldn't this just be background indexing? I know the Q10 took a couple of days to bed in. Hard to say what is 'normal' on such a high spec device as the Passport.
    allsportsfan and eduzojordan like this.
    09-26-14 08:29 AM
    Usually hot phone happens every time I add new accounts to any of my past BlackBerry's,I would assume that you just need to let the emails and social accounts on it settle while it tries to fully sync, and try to keep it from going below 20% as that causes even more heat from the battery.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    09-26-14 08:30 AM
    Couldn't this just be background indexing? I know the Q10 took a couple of days to bed in. Hard to say what is 'normal' on such a high spec device as the Passport.
    Exactly that

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    09-26-14 08:30 AM
    if you tried hard reset, then it goes back to the way it is. Mine educated guess is, the PIM is trying to sync all the stuff into the devices. If you search the forum around people say, the OS takes 24-48 hours to settle down. It really depends on how much information they need to sync back and forward. From my personal experience , it takes about one day max for me, and yes, it use up battery fast during this time. So I just let it plugged in if I am close in home or office and use the wifi, so it don't kill my battery and my data plan.

If you want to tried the leak, i suggest to read the forum during this time for knowing how to load leaks, and so on. Let the device settles by itself, otherwise, you might have to go over the same thing again. Since the device need to settle again, after you load new OS on it. I envy you get passport in day 1 . Hope everything goes smooth for you after the OS settle down .
    09-26-14 08:31 AM
    Guys I've loaded every OS leak this year.

I have but 1 advice.

Do not under and circumstance import or restore settings.

Manually add facebook, twitter, link in, emails and all social media account manually.

Believe me.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 08:37 AM

I have but 1 advice.

Manually add facebook, twitter, link in, emails and all social media account manually.

Believe me.

Posted via CB10
    Thats what I did.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 08:40 AM
    Give it a couple days first, then if it has not settled report back. The HUB is beast and it takes a while to load everything and the software to settle. Also it needs a couple battery cycles to find a balance.
    allsportsfan and eduzojordan like this.
    09-26-14 08:55 AM
    What could be the problem?

Posted via CB10
    it is background indexing, synchronisations etc.

phone is less than 2 days with you. give it time to index and syncronise everything!
    09-26-14 08:59 AM
    Thats what I did.

Posted via CB10
    Which OS are you on? Are you using GMAIL? whats app? How may emails?

ill try my best to help.
    09-26-14 09:07 AM

I have but 1 advice.

Believe me.

Posted via CB10
    ok well, but this is non sense! then i lose all of my wifi accounts etc etc...
    09-26-14 09:12 AM
    Ya, it's not settled in yet. Look at PIM Services. These increase when the phone is syncing your accounts (I'm fairly certain). The only time I had them skyrocket and really kill the battery was when I had conflicting/duplicate email addresses under hotmail and it was continuously trying to sync the two. Note that this was on my Z10, I don't have a Passport. Just offering my $0.02.
    09-26-14 09:18 AM
    Oh boy, the "it has to settle" wives tale again. I had the battery draining problem too with my Z30, and so may said that it needed to settle--for days! It's so silly, and shows a complete ignorance of the powerful hardware and software today. I personally believe that something goes wonky in the OS with the adding of contacts and accounts. I fixed mine by doing a hard reset twice in a row. After that battery life was waaaay better. I think it clears a stuck process, or something. But I don't pretend to know for sure what it is. But a lot can go wrong when setting up and transferring so much info. I good fresh start couldn't hurt.
    tomsobon likes this.
    09-26-14 09:21 AM
    When i switched devices via PC, it got very hot. Like very very hot.

Since then its been fine.

No issue so far

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 09:32 AM
    Thats what I did.

Posted via CB10
    Also did you allow PIM to settle over WIFI? that helps speed things up tremendously
    allsportsfan likes this.
    09-26-14 09:47 AM
    Turn off LTE, switch to HSPA+ or 3G. This is problem with the older chipsets including the old Snapdragon 801.
    09-26-14 10:11 AM
    How do I perform a hard reset on the Passport?

Thank you in advance.
    09-26-14 10:50 AM
    Must be a 10.3 issue, I am on the official BB 10.3 Beta and I noticed my battery draining faster since upgrading from 10.2
    09-26-14 11:01 AM
39 12