Yep! I uninstalled the kindle app and reinstall the 2481 radio and no more heat or battery problems.

Posted via CB10
    Was it just installed or was it running and being used? I also use Kindle but if that's the cause of the phone getting very hot (in the top right corner) then I can live without it.
    04-20-15 10:08 PM
    The Kindle app causes over heating and battery drain even when not running. Disabling 'run when minimised' does not help, removing the app resolves the problem for me. I have tried various updates to the app on numerous builds of 10.3.1 but always encounter the same problem approximately 1 day after installing the Kindle app.

If you would like further information regarding this please see another post of mine 'Kindle for Android and BlackBerry Passport OS 10.3.1.1565 Battery Drain'‎

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 05:07 AM
    Is this the right radio???
    Attachment 349218
    04-24-15 05:40 AM
    I did one more reset(probably 3rd time), seems to be doing better, I used to lose 10% battery in a hour on standby, only lost 1% in a hour with moderate BBM texting
    04-25-15 05:15 AM
    Is there anyone get your passport hot by only just browsing the web? If I do browsing a little, it's ok. But if it's more than 10 minutes, I can feel the heat in my hand.
    04-27-15 05:41 PM
    Kindle App in my case. Stopped all Android apps from working.
    Massive
    Passport Battery Drain and Handset Temperature After 10.3.1-img_20150504_095112.png
    ... battery drain!

Deleted, all good again. Happened after 10.3.0.908-10.3.1.1779 Sachesi update. Became an issue after the last backup with Link....

Thanks everyone for spotting and reporting this nasty bug here!!!

:-D

(^ I'd make that a double D, that's how much I'm smiling right now, lol... ;-) )

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    05-04-15 12:38 AM
    Guys had the same issue was the Kindle app. So I decided to do a app wipe. Restored the ones I really need and tidied up things a little. Have also changed the app setting as mentioned here to see how that works. The battery on mine as been great until recently and now that the rogue app has been removed hopefully will get to normal.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 01:39 AM
    On my 3rd reset, finally helped me, but is not on 2 days like I've heard.
    I can go a good 1 day and a half without battery saving mode.
    And I think I only have like 3 android apps
    05-04-15 03:58 AM
    Avoid installing Android apps and games as much as you can...

If there is no native options and you really need that application, install it (what to do anyway?) - but observe your device performance while using the application BEFORE installing another Android apps. By this approach, you can easily pinpoint the culprit when your device acting strangely and abnormal...

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 05:06 AM
    Passport Battery Drain and Handset Temperature After 10.3.1-img_20150504_193458.png

Spoke to soon guys! No idea what is burning up the battery have hardly used the phone at all today. System is using up 43%. I've already deleted the kindle app. I've also got rid off the other android apps too. Any ideas welcome

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 01:37 PM
    My Passport battery is terrible I use to get 1 or 2 days now Im charging after 5 - 7 hours use, normal use bit of Facebook, Twitter, few emails etc but the difference is mad ness!
    07-18-15 06:41 PM
    Sorted mine, sent the fix to BlackBerry but not heard anything back yet. Fingers crossed x
    Passport Battery Drain and Handset Temperature After 10.3.1-wp_20150719_12_28_28_pro_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    07-19-15 06:39 AM
    I had the same problem and it is solved by simple app. Download battery doctor from amazon store it will show specifically what apps are running. Close any unnecessary applications. You will feel the heat is reducing and the battery life in device monitor application will rise slowly give it one hour at least so the application can monitor the usage after closing and it will show huge improvement
    08-06-15 08:42 PM
    I have exactly the same problem. What is the solution? I'm currently needing to keep my Passport constantly connected to a charger to have it maintain any charge - so much for a mobile device! I need a solution from Blackberry - and it sounds like I'm not alone.
    08-07-15 12:08 PM
    I have been using BlackBerry Passport Silver edition for just a week running 10.3.1 and few days ago upgraded to 10.3.2. The phone continues to heat up and demonstrate bad battery performance. I hate to say but my Galaxy s6 and iPhone 5s last much longer with a way heavier usage.

I did both soft and hard resets (wipe outs), which is quite time-consuming, to no avail. I was trying to convince myself that the phone is new and thus battery needs some exercise, but this morning this was it - a burning indignation.

I had BlackBerry Passport on a wall charge yesterday until it reached 100% at 8pm and I disconnected it. By the time I went off to bed at 8:30pm it had 95% with the phone being in airplane mode completely idle with just Settings, Text Messages and Contacts windows opened in the background (minimised). When I checked my phone at 8:30am this morning it had only 22% battery power remaining, saying it can run for 21 hours more. I took this one as a bad ‘good morning joke’.

Battery usage statistics informed that 44% of battery was consumed by Settings, 19% by System, 9% by Standby, 3% by Display, and the remaining 3% were used by Skype, Android player I have never run yet (!), phone, etc. In total 78% in 12 hours while being in airplane mode!?!?

I meant to use BB Passport as my backup phone, I do not run any apps apart from Text Messages, Phone, Calendar, and Blackberry Blend, no wireless syncing, nothing!

According to Battery Doctor, which has been suggested as one of the solutions to the common battery problem, 25% of battery power in my case shall amount to about 5 hours of usage time. Meaning 15-20h shall be achieved easily, but I barely get half of it.
    08-31-15 03:01 AM
    Avoid android ported apps! Avoid amazon!

BlackBerry Beast 2BF98A26 
    unix9 likes this.
    08-31-15 03:14 AM
    hello, I have the same problem of abnormal consumption of the battery.
    In my case I think it comes by the updating of the Amazon app store. In fact, for now I resolved by restarting my phone (soft reset) and by logging out from the amazon app store. I will update the next day for further developments.

My BB has the following configuration:
    10.3.1.1799 (official update)
    Android applications:
    - Runtastic pro (downloaded from the amazon app store)
    - Instagram, QR code reader (downloaded from the snap)
    09-08-15 11:22 AM
    Just got a Passport Silver today, and had a regular unlocked Passport for six months. I noticed recently that the Old Passport was getting about half the charge as before and running hot. Called BB Tech Support and was told that it was apps running in the background. I had some video streamers frm europe on the phone and even when not up and running they evidently consumed a LOT of power. Closed them all in App Manager and the phone problems seemed cured.

With the new Silver Passport, just got it up and running at 3:00 today, and it was running hot with little battery life all day. Will wait a few days to see if I keep it or not. I did delete the Amazon Kindle App based on what someone else said, I have done all I can do wit the apps and will see how it goes. If no better than the old Passport, I will return the silver.

BTW, the Classic, with all the same stuff is now cool and runs longer than the Passports, which was not true before the latest updates. I wonder if it is possible to go back, as I noticed no difference with the upgrade, except the phone doesn't work as well!
    09-08-15 09:44 PM
    Not much help to y'all, but I appreciated the preceding advice and I think I've re-improved by battery life.
    My week-old Passport Silver had amazing battery life for the first 5 days. Then I specifically bragged about my "75% remaining" at the end of the day to dear wife and her "30% remaining" iPhone. Next day my Passport battery was draining like it was getting paid for it.
    Stopping some active apps seems to have helped. Now I can continue bragging to my wife and kids with all of their iDevices.
    09-09-15 08:54 PM
    Kindle is the problem, delete it.
    11-08-15 01:17 AM
    Yep! I uninstalled the kindle app and reinstall the 2481 radio and no more heat or battery problems.

Posted via CB10
    Hi, could you please tell me what 2481 radio is?
    11-08-15 01:22 AM
    Hi ! I know this was a year ago but did it ever get solved ?
    08-02-16 05:34 AM
    I am seeing about a 20 percent battery increase without snap or Google play. I do still have some amazon app store apps. There could be a book written about the battery power Google and android need while spying on you.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    08-02-16 03:52 PM
    Anyone else having this set of issues after updating to version. 2836? Strange battery drain even while the SE is turned off?

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 02:13 PM
49 12