I don't know how many would see this post but I was just on the phone w/ RIM representative and was told that the next batch should be available for us within 5 days, so for the ones who are like me been eagerly waiting to lay our hands on one, just keep your eyes open in the next 3-5 days. I really dislike the way AT&T does its business and not even hinting anything about the Passport. God I wish other carriers are getting it too.

Last year when everyone was going crazy about Samsung, Apple etc I did a lot of research and chose the HTC ONE M7, which turned out to be THE best smartphone of the year, according to many sources, and after almost 2 years of using it, I have to say it was a smart and unique choice since it was the only phone back then that had metal frame besides the iPhone and the BOOM sound is just WOW. This year, I had my mind on the NOTE4 just because I've never used a NOTE before (owned S4 though), and also waiting for the HTC M9. But as someone who's never used a BB before, I have to say that I want to give this device a try based on its unique design and very practical functionalities. I'm only 26 and just a student, but I think I'll be just fine with BB. Someone may say that BB is going downhill and everything but I think based on what they have done with this device so far, I'm lovin' it. So what they might shutdown one day? If that's the case I will regret even more for not having used a BB. After all, why be average? Think WIDE!

New to the forum and good luck to everyone, will update on my purchase.

Peace
    10-08-14 12:11 PM
    Hello and welcome to CrackBerry!
    dcwbearsaint likes this.
    10-08-14 12:50 PM
    Welcome and nice first post.

Passport availability dates are very iffy. The last round with the discount code (really hate that I missed that, but really want the white Passport) came a day earlier than rumored. So, will we see the next round on Sunday or Monday? Who knows. But, I am betting that CrackBerry will have it on the home page when it is discovered.
    10-08-14 12:54 PM
    Does your rep.. Have a idea of how many are in batch by chance? Btw may want to change your source's title to Blackberry rep.. Small details..
    10-08-14 12:56 PM
    Nice first post.

I don't know how many would see this post but I was just on the phone w/ RIM representative and was told that the next batch should be available for us within 5 days, so for the ones who are like me been eagerly waiting to lay our hands on one, just keep your eyes open in the next 3-5 days. I really dislike the way AT&T does its business and not even hinting anything about the Passport. God I wish other carriers are getting it too.

Last year when everyone was going crazy about Samsung, Apple etc I did a lot of research and chose the HTC ONE M7, which turned out to be THE best smartphone of the year, according to many sources, and after almost 2 years of using it, I have to say it was a smart and unique choice since it was the only phone back then that had metal frame besides the iPhone and the BOOM sound is just WOW. This year, I had my mind on the NOTE4 just because I've never used a NOTE before (owned S4 though), and also waiting for the HTC M9. But as someone who's never used a BB before, I have to say that I want to give this device a try based on its unique design and very practical functionalities. I'm only 26 and just a student, but I think I'll be just fine with BB. Someone may say that BB is going downhill and everything but I think based on what they have done with this device so far, I'm lovin' it. So what they might shutdown one day? If that's the case I will regret even more for not having used a BB. After all, why be average? Think WIDE!

Peace
    10-08-14 01:03 PM
    I'm very frustrated at the way BlackBerry and att is doing business. BlackBerry should be able to provide it's US customers with some information but they just keep telling me it's on AT&T

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 01:53 PM

Peace
    Next batch to who? shopblackberry.com only or Amazon as well?
    How big is the batch? 20?
    10-08-14 02:15 PM
    They did not specify the quantity of the next batch but I assume it would be similar if not more than the previous 2. Also, I've asked about the Gold Edition (just in case anyone's interested). The Rep claimed that BB doesn't have anything like that available yet so just Black and White for now. But who knows, perhaps when Xmas is around the corner, they may all of a sudden release a more "luxurious" version of the Passport. Anyway, I've compared this phone w/ LG G3, NOTE4, Iphone6 and the soon-to-be EYE/RE updated HTC M7/8, I would say that each phone has its ups and downs, but at the end of the day, it's like ATT vs. Verizon (i.e. APPLE vs ANDROID). I need something well crafted and stands out from the crowd. You see in 2-3 months or so when every single being on the street will have either an Iphone 6 or Samsung, I'll be walking around everyday knowing that they don't even have any idea what my phone is and while I'm my phone talking/surfing the web, yea, I know you're watching. Also I'm surprised to see that the Passport does have NFC so once the major department stores etc start actually utilizing NFC-enabled payment thanks to CurrenC or ApplePay, it'll still work.
    Ok, enough w/ the talk, now I'm just waiting to see what the new iPad and the NEXUS 9 are gonna be like.

Peace
    10-08-14 06:37 PM