I'm so happy BlackBerry added an equalizer to their music app on my new PassPort. Very useful. Much appreciate BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 09:08 PM
    Yes pretty handy tool.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 09:30 PM
    Yeah, it's a start.
    12-01-14 09:33 PM
    That's one I hadn't found thanks for the tip

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 09:49 PM
    luv it
    12-01-14 09:56 PM
    The new music app is horrible. It drains battery so quickly. I was at 100% and three hours later, my battery was drained down to 30% just because I left the music app open. I don't care for the new layout or features. They make it harder to use. I wish I had the old music app back.

Carbon Fiber Z10 w/Leather Holster
    12-04-14 12:52 AM
    Sorry to hear this.

I normally turn off NFC, Bluetooth, etc. unless I am using these forms of communication. I'd confirm they are off - but I'm sure you have done this already.

I also play music continuously. Yes it does drain my battery somewhat as well but I would anticipate playing music would tax the battery heavily - sound is a form of energy!

Having the music app open but not playing and consuming battery life seems strange.

Maybe you have a bad battery. Let's face it even the auto manufacturers have issues with the new cars they sell. And they have been doing their work many many years longer than mobile designers/'mini' battery suppliers.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BB_makes_it_happen; 12-05-14 at 05:30 AM.
    12-04-14 05:57 PM
    Yes, I have all the other unnecessary connectivity features turned off. It's definitely the music app that is draining a tone of battery. Before, the music app had barely negligible impact on performance. It would use around 1-3% of my battery. Now it uses 10-20% which is excessive. And that's just with the app on standby, not even playing music! I can confirm that the battery is not at fault here. I have six spare Z10 batteries, and the app drains music the same on all of them. I know that something is wrong with the music app because Apollo and Slacker Radio use less battery, and they're streaming data! The new music app is doing some weird processing in the background. I have turned off the equalizer function and that seems to help a bit. However, I can't pinpoint what the problem might be. I just know that an app that plays music locally should not be using so much battery. Please look into your device manager and tell me how much battery is being consumed by your music app.

12-07-14 01:27 PM
    The new music app is horrible. It drains battery so quickly. I was at 100% and three hours later, my battery was drained down to 30% just because I left the music app open. I don't care for the new layout or features. They make it harder to use. I wish I had the old music app back.

Let me guess you are complaining about a leak.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 01:35 PM
    Nor just the passport it's included in OS 10.3+

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 02:06 PM
    Glad for the addition though I never use it anymore in lieu of Neutron

Posted two-handed via Passport
    12-07-14 02:38 PM
    Yes, I have all the other unnecessary connectivity features turned off. It's definitely the music app that is draining a tone of battery. Before, the music app had barely negligible impact on performance. It would use around 1-3% of my battery. Now it uses 10-20% which is excessive. And that's just with the app on standby, not even playing music! I can confirm that the battery is not at fault here. I have six spare Z10 batteries, and the app drains music the same on all of them. I know that something is wrong with the music app because Apollo and Slacker Radio use less battery, and they're streaming data! The new music app is doing some weird processing in the background. I have turned off the equalizer function and that seems to help a bit. However, I can't pinpoint what the problem might be. I just know that an app that plays music locally should not be using so much battery. Please look into your device manager and tell me how much battery is being consumed by your music app.

Passport - Amazing music equalizer feature!-img_20141207_230434.png

Passport - Amazing music equalizer feature!-img_20141207_230514.png

My biggest battery consumer is the display!

Just prior to this reply I was watching video clips on YouTube.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 10:08 PM
    Neutron is the best and is the standard.

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    12-07-14 10:41 PM
    Let's of battery usage by the music app:

Passport - Amazing music equalizer feature!-img_20141209_172755.png

By far the most battery draining app.

12-09-14 07:17 PM
    I use the music app pretty heavily and I haven't had any issues with it draining my battery.

I love that the app now remembers the last thing you were listening to and literally picks up from where you left off after closing and re-opening the app. Sometimes l just like to shuffle all of my music on my way to work, so it's nice to just be able to continue from where I had to stop when I am on my way home.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    12-09-14 09:09 PM
    Good point. I just realized it does continue from where it left off. Agreed this is a nice feature.

Just hope those with battery issues figure out where their electrons are flowing to!

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 12:23 AM
    I'm glad the music app works so well for you guys. Hopefully the next update fixes the issues I'm experiencing. Until then, I have to deal with 20% battery drain with the app just idling.

Passport - Amazing music equalizer feature!-img_20141210_154514.png

12-10-14 03:50 PM
    12-10-14 03:51 PM
    there is an equalizer got to try that,never enough music tools on phones
    12-10-14 04:51 PM
    Wow, voice and treble and bass and dance and jazz and...well, you can check them all out!
    12-12-14 04:57 PM
    Yes - it would be nice to be to able adjust the settings. But you know sometimes it's like going into a subway shop and telling them to make it look like the picture on the wall. Keeping it simple is nice sometimes!

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 06:14 PM
    I have music app open/minimised all the time and have no issues with battery on ANY blackberry I own(ed). Including Z10, Z30, Q10 and Passport. I will suggest, whoever have issue with the battery drain to check SD card (move music to internal memory). Buying new good quality SD card is an investment...

As for the equaliser, it is great to see that new features are included in the build. I certainly appreciate all the good work BlackBerry devs are putting in, making bb10, one of the best os's out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 07:24 PM