Passport is actualy a "retro" device, but in a good way in my opinion

I actualy like that blackberry is back on enterprise, althought I'm not a big businessman, I actualy like the features that enterprise phones have, they work more like a tool, they are less "fancy".

I started with a Blackberry 8800, and loved it since then, and started to understand the advantages for business comunication, that also translates in improved comunication for the consumer that values it over the rest of the features.

Passport is actualy a "retro" device-blackberry_passport_zpse57db961.jpg
    09-21-14 05:01 PM
    oh yeah. They look totally alike!
    LMAO!
    You are so funny!!!! Enjoy your Passport!
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    09-21-14 05:04 PM
    On opposite day!
    09-21-14 05:05 PM
    What's the airplane icon? Was that BlackBerry Travel?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 05:33 PM
    I think the passport would have looked nice with a slight arc to the long edge like the BlackBerry you are comparing it to. Not saying it does look nice as is...

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 06:47 PM
    oh yeah. They look totally alike!
    LMAO!
    You are so funny!!!! Enjoy your Passport!
    I read your coment several times and still can't tell if it's sarcasm or not, I guess it is... Don't worry, maybe I'm drunk
    BaffTech likes this.
    09-21-14 07:06 PM
    I believe what the OP is trying to project (if not sarcasm), is that the Passport has visible roots.

Slight correction on the modal number however is needed. This is an 8800 series BlackBerry.

Passport is actualy a "retro" device-rim-blackberry-8800.jpg

What the OP is showing is an early monochrome display BlackBerry 5790.

Attachment 299474

I used to activate those bad boys back in the day when I was working in a Corporate carrier store. Believe me, after having the chance to handle a Passport over the weekend, it sure brought back memories of when phones where huge and had a solid feel to them.

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    09-21-14 07:39 PM
    If that is indeed the case.. they should, in my opinion, have a promo.. bring back your 8800 and get 25% off on new passport.... )

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 07:50 PM
    I like my BlackBerry Z10 precisely because it is a tool. The fact that it can competently handle media when needed is simply a bonus. I use my Z10 for personal stuff - to manage emails, the odd text message and my calendar.

While the iPhone 4S I had could easily handle all of that stuff, it lacked one thing that the Z10 has that makes it a better, more useful device - the BlackBerry Hub. With my iPhone, I had to go into the email and text apps directly to read messages. With the Hub, I don't. Plus, when my device is on standby, I can peek at new messages without even having to go into the Hub. All this is so much easier and much more convenient.

I also really like how BlackBerry Link works. It lets me directly access what's on the phone and on any microSD cards that are installed - quickly and easily. I always thought Apple's way of forcing users to use iTunes to transfer or load stuff was really stupid and very user un-friendly. And I've never liked Apple's stubborn refusal to give iPhone users an actual file manager and easily accessible file system - they seem to think their users are too dumb to know how to manage a file system.

As to the Passport looking 'retro', I agree. It reminds me a lot of the early Blackberries and also many other handheld computers. I don't think this is a bad thing. If anything, it gives the phone a really classic feel.
    09-21-14 08:23 PM
    Beautiful devices

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 08:25 PM
    What's the airplane icon? Was that BlackBerry Travel?

Posted via CB10
    Airplane mode....lol

Posted via CB10 with my Z30
    09-21-14 08:26 PM
    I believe what the OP is trying to project (if not sarcasm), is that the Passport has visible roots.

Slight correction on the modal number however is needed. This is an 8800 series BlackBerry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIM-BlackBerry-8800.jpg 
Views:	1932 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	299473

What the OP is showing is an early monochrome display BlackBerry 5790.

Attachment 299474

I used to activate those bad boys back in the day when I was working in a Corporate carrier store. Believe me, after having the chance to handle a Passport over the weekend, it sure brought back memories of when phones where huge and had a solid feel to them.

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    I still have my 8800... that things is a tank, it's incredible the amount of times it droped in very hard surfaces, and not only it still works fine, but it doesn't get those ungly marks, it doesn't look like it has fallen countless times.

And the battery life... damn, those things can handle almost a full week
    09-21-14 08:27 PM
    If that is indeed the case.. they should, in my opinion, have a promo.. bring back your 8800 and get 25% off on new passport.... )

Posted via CB10
    at 25%, the prices of the 8800 would skyrocket on ebay
    09-21-14 08:28 PM
    at 25%, the prices of the 8800 would skyrocket on ebay
    Btw.. I wanted to say RIM 957, that is shown in the OP.. couldn't be too many of those around..

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 09:09 PM
    Anybody noticed that the device on OP has keyboard curve upward, then on Bold/other devices downward and now settled straight on Q10 onwards.

Is there any really scientific surveys by BBRY for these shift?
    09-22-14 03:40 AM
    retro-best of old and new put together-trust blackberry to do that
    09-22-14 07:33 AM