When I plug in my headphone, the phone will not switch speakers. I have rebooted with no result. Is it hopeless?

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 02:48 PM
    Did you pull the headset out at an angle, or drop it when it was plugged in? If so, you likely damaged it. Better yet, try it with a different headset or headphones or earbuds. Rule it out first.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 04:45 PM
    Or alternatively, your headphone jack could be full of crud. Blow some compressed air into it and clean it out if dirty.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 02:45 PM
    I have a bad feeling about it. It's probably damaged. Unfortunately, I did the same to my z10 and I realised the jack was damaged by my mishandling...

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 03:06 PM
    I'm sure you've already tried a different pair of headphones or tried said headphones in a different device.

I would run BBVE and let it be the definitive answer.

Passport SQW100-1/ 10.3.1.2876, Q10 SQN100-5/ 10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 05:21 PM
    Or alternatively, your headphone jack could be full of crud. Blow some compressed air into it and clean it out if dirty.

Posted via CB10
    Considering how fragile they are I'd advise against compressed air, bit of contact cleaner would do it.

Or the OP has manually stuck it in speaker mode without realising

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 05:28 PM
    When I plug in my headphone, the phone will not switch speakers. I have rebooted with no result. Is it hopeless?

Posted via CB10
    Hey there. Would be nice to title the thread appropriately for searches. Just a friendly reminder from a fellow user if not already mentioned.

 C L A S S I C |to| D T E K 5 //;=>
    08-14-16 06:23 PM
    Hey there. Would be nice to title the thread appropriately for searches. Just a friendly reminder from a fellow user if not already mentioned.

Do you really think the thread title could have been more descriptive? Are you this demanding in all aspects of your life?

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 07:05 PM
    Do you really think the thread title could have been more descriptive? Are you this demanding in all aspects of your life?

Posted via CB10
    I hope that's sarcasm. If not, could you help me with Web Browser.

Passport SQW 100-1 OS 10.3.2.2813 Winnipeg,MB
    08-14-16 08:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wow who **** in your cereal?!

"Passport Headphone issue"

When I go looking for a solution before posting a new thread as per the forum rules (along with relevant titles) it helps the vast community for relevant search results. Looks like you either failed to read the original forum rules/suggestions when you registered, forgotten, or don't care.

I didn't demand this I said a friendly suggestion. Get off your high horse and see the forest for the trees.

08-14-16 09:22 PM
    Wow who **** in your cereal?!

"Passport Headphone issue"

When I go looking for a solution before posting a new thread as per the forum rules (along with relevant titles) it helps the vast community for relevant search results. Looks like you either failed to read the original forum rules/suggestions when you registered, forgotten, or don't care.

I didn't demand this I said a friendly suggestion. Get off your high horse and see the forest for the trees.

It was sarcasm. I laid it on a little thick.
    08-14-16 09:33 PM