One very important thing is pulling my nervous. Why there is no native printing function on our "loved" device???

Please share your thoughts and advice for some good third party app that works for mentioned function.

Thanks!!

P.S. Any information that native printing function is coming in near future OS update??

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 10:36 AM
    Never really thought about it because I usually just email stuff to myself but if a printer has a bluetooth connection you could probably pair the 2 devices...probably a way to hook them up on the same WiFi network too. Take this with a grain of salt as this is purely speculation.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 10:51 AM
    PrintHand in BlackBerry World will work with most major printers. There's a free version to test with your printer, but it actually works better than my printer's manufacturer app does. It is an Android app, but it performs quite smoothly, and the BlackBerry World version is much less expensive than the $9.99 they want for the same app from Amazon.
    11-13-15 10:54 AM
    P.S. Any information that native printing function is coming in near future OS update??
    Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't hope for any new BB10 features. They don't have many devs left in house.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    11-13-15 10:55 AM
    PrintHand in BlackBerry World will work with most major printers. There's a free version to test with your printer, but it actually works better than my printer's manufacturer app does. It is an Android app, but it performs quite smoothly, and the BlackBerry World version is much less expensive than the $9.99 they want for the same app from Amazon.
    I agree, printhand from BW is very...handy. I tried the free version then paid the $4.99CAD with no regret.

Sent from the pure awesomeness of my  Passport SE
    11-13-15 11:10 AM
    Hammermill print app in BBW works great on my HP.

Blackberry Passport
    11-13-15 11:22 AM
    I am using PrintHand and it works a charm

Posted via CB10 using a PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-13-15 11:37 AM
    Native solutions require cooperation with printer companies. Apple Airprint or Google CloudPrint are examples. Otherwise you have to use an 3rd party app.
    11-13-15 12:03 PM
    One very important thing is pulling my nervous. Why there is no native printing function on our "loved" device???

Please share your thoughts and advice for some good third party app that works for mentioned function.

Thanks!!

Posted via CB10
    Pulling my nervous? Lol ok well maybe its time to get a new wireless printer! They have their own dedicated email address. Or you can install the above suggested apps that work just as well

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2789
    11-13-15 12:07 PM
    I have a network laser Samsung printer..Pretty cheap now, about 100 bucks... I have downloaded the android Samsung printer app.. It's in fact really handy.. share anything from anywhere in the OS to print over wifi and it prints.. I can also scan directly to my phone as well.. Don't know what printer you have but try the Android app for it and it might just work perfect..

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 12:09 PM
    I recommend you try the Hammermill (Print Hammermill) app. It is free. It is a paper company, not a printer company so they make it work with many brands of printers. They just want you to use their paper, not buy a printer from them. I have Brother and Epson printers and I don't even bother to use their print apps anymore. Hammermill works fine.
    11-13-15 02:38 PM
    Hammermill print app in BBW works great on my HP.

Blackberry Passport
    I can't find it with "hammermill". Is that correct?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 03:01 PM
    I can't find it with "hammermill". Is that correct?

Posted via CB10
    It's not in BlackBerry World, it's in the Amazon Appstore.
    BCITMike likes this.
    11-13-15 04:50 PM
    It's not in BlackBerry World, it's in the Amazon Appstore.
    Thanks for clearing that up, prior person said "BBW" specifically.
    11-13-15 06:17 PM
    I use PrintHand. It's good.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-13-15 06:44 PM
    We have Brother printers, and the iPrint and Scan version from Google play (using Cobalt's app store) works mahvelously. It includes a scan function that's somewhat redundant. The advantage is that I've already paid for it by buying the brother printers. Other major vendors also seem to have print apps in the play store as well.

Posted on my Passport to the future
    11-13-15 11:53 PM
    The advantage of an app like PrintHand is that you're able to use a wide range of printers. I prefer that since I have multiple devices I need to use depending on where I am so instead of having separate Ricoh, HP, Canon, or other manufacturer specific apps, I have one that works with all of them.

Everyone's needs may vary, but at least there are some very good options available.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 08:48 AM
    Just installed Hammermill for my Lexmark. It is working like a charm.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 11:44 AM
    Who are these people who print anyhow!?!?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 04:18 PM
    Who are these people who print anyhow!?!?

Posted via CB10
    People who work in enterprise or large businesses. You know, the BlackBerry demographic.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    11-14-15 04:21 PM
    Printhand is very good.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 07:02 PM
    Oops sorry.

Blackberry Passport
    11-16-15 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD