I love my passport and it will continue to be my daily driver, but few multimedia things I hope the s6 will bring such as camera and touch screen games, my sonos app will work without problems.

This is no way a thread to put the awesome passport down, but wondered if Anyone else carrys a secondary phone for similar reasons?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 03:06 PM
    iPhone 6+ for me. Die hard BB fan since the Pearl came out but after using the iPhone for a few months prior to getting a Passport, I find I couldn't part with it. It's weird, with all the negative press about BB, I almost feel I'm using a device from a company that's dead in the water. I'm the only one using a BB now. Everyone I know has moved on to Apple or Android, and this being in Ontario. Sad.
    04-17-15 03:12 PM
    I tested the Edge at work for a few days but I like the BlackBerry OS more than Android, must say the EDGE looks nice and different BUT also the battery died very quick ,Lucky there is a quick charger but who wanted to take the whole time his charger . The battery is worser that the S5.

The S6 series als has no memoy SD slot so that is also different. The rear glass panel is allready easy to break and the Phone build quility is as worse as the iPhone 6 and that one is also not great. I still agree the look of the edge is SF but after a few days I'm glad going back to black ,whatever people saying it's the best new OS out there.

I used android daily since 1.4 and tested it before but since 2012 when I tested the OS the first time it had not past by Android or ios but it had potential, since last year Android is far behind and ios steps up his game but still buggy and BlackBerry OS stept up big time when OS 10.3.1 was released. It's not only the OS but also the hardware like good battery, good reception, good speakers and mics and build quality is excellent. Other platforms have more apps, so what
    04-17-15 03:12 PM
    For my secondary Phone i keep switching between my Note 4 and my iPhone 6 Plus. But i just can't let go my Passport! Most of the times i just forward my calls to the Passport!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 03:14 PM
    I carry a work supplied el-cheapo Android phone which I only use for phone calls (where it sucks at, never had a phone with worse call quality) and an in-house app we require for the job.

In addition I also have the BlackBerry Classic, I can't really consider it as a secondary phone as I keep switching between Classic and Passport every few weeks. It's too difficult to decide which one I like more.

Posted via CB10
    anon9133023 likes this.
    04-17-15 03:25 PM
    To be fair I wouldn't consider using a samsung device as truly using an android device. For that pure experience you would need a Nexus.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    04-17-15 04:23 PM
    I love my passport and it will continue to be my daily driver, but few multimedia things I hope the s6 will bring such as camera and touch screen games, my sonos app will work without problems.

This is no way a thread to put the awesome passport down, but wondered if Anyone else carrys a secondary phone for similar reasons?

Posted via CB10
    What kind of problems do you have with Sonos? It works fine on mine.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.2.500 / Telus
    04-17-15 04:47 PM
    I like all-in-one devices so I'm gonna stick with the PP. It does most MM things relatively well and it is really excellent at communication and such.
    thymaster likes this.
    04-17-15 07:41 PM
    My first and last experience with Android was with a Note 3...all of 2 days. Couldn't stand the OS; a little too klutzy for me. Everything seemed to require lots of scrolling to get to. One thing I have to give both Apple and BlackBerry for is their level of integration. Both systems are nice and smooth, almost organic in nature. Samsung has some real nice hardware there. Too bad their choice of OS is not as nice (my opinion, of course).

-- Passport, VMO, Toronto CA
    04-19-15 11:19 PM