BlackBerry india priced it at Rs 49990($ 835)

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:27 AM
    It is a high end device. I know few Indians have them already.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-29-14 02:28 AM
    Yes BlackBerry has screwed up again I feel, it has to understand that's not in a position to demand this kind of a price in India. It's for 49,990

[OPINION] Passport won't sell in india sorry-img_20140929_125731.jpg
    09-29-14 02:31 AM
    Yup...not going to sell...should've been priced at 40k...

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:31 AM
    Merged

09-29-14 02:36 AM
    Dellusional Blackberry, A company that doesn't learn from mistakes is sure to go down. I was so looking forward to it but the pricing puts a dampener. Let us see what was the launching price of previous bb phone and what are they selling at currently roughly 1 year later.
    Phone Launch Price Current price
    z10 42k 20k
    q10 44k 19k
    q5 26k 13k
    z30 39k 29k
    Passport 50k ??

What are you thinking bb. I am not sure but is the target selling 500 phones . really it's pathetic from bb
    09-29-14 02:39 AM
    Outrageous pricing. No way the passport is going to sell in India

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:44 AM
    Lol, Passport will fail in India. Same pricing strategy practised as they did with Z10 and Z30

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:46 AM
    So, the fact that they sold 200k units in a matter of hours on launch last week doesn't lead you to think there's some demand for something different?
    09-29-14 02:48 AM
    Highly disappointed. such a good product again will get flop in front of our eyes.
    09-29-14 02:50 AM
    Not just that, I think like other Asian countries (slight generalisation), once you have a passport in the hand of an influential community figure (male or more so female) the rest will follow!

You watch. Mrs X turns up at a gathering carrying her passport, the rest of that group will buy it.

bbzak, DiegoV_G and wincyUt like this.
    09-29-14 02:51 AM

Posted via CB10

It seems prices in India are never what the market expects. Never fails. Within minutes of a device announcement in India, someone is here saying how it'll never sell. This will end up being a massive rant thread about the price, the taxes in India and how BlackBerry should price it better and how it can't compete with bottom dollar Android devices, yadda yadda yadda. Thread will be locked because of bickering, device prices will drop, special offers will be made yadda yadda yadda. The World will go on. Rinse, wash, repeat with the next device announcement.
    araskin, Pdinos3, arnavrs and 63 others like this.
    09-29-14 02:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    Can't afford it? - Buy a Q5 - I paid $800.00 for mine and don't regret it one bit!
    09-29-14 02:52 AM
    Do you think if the passport was priced $850 in US.then they would have been able to sell even 1/4th of that number . If you think so.. then I am afraid you love blackberry too much to see the reality.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    09-29-14 02:52 AM
    Do you think if the passport was priced $850 in US.then they would have been able to sell even 1/4th of that number . If you think so.. then I am afraid you love blackberry too much to see the reality.
    The price doesn't translate directly when you have to factor in VAT.

If it makes you feel any better, the Canadian price was somewhat higher than a straight $US-$CDN dollar transfer should have worked out to as well.
    bungaboy, rarsen and wincyUt like this.
    09-29-14 02:55 AM
    I agree - they've dug their own coffin. A 35k price would be sweet - this is insanity. Coming from a guy who paid 44500 INR on the first day for a z10 - once bitten twice shy. Been carrying a BlackBerry since 2008, but I guess this is the first year when I won't be buying a BlackBerry - the other flagships make more sense and you get them for a lot cheaper.

Posted via CB10
    calcareer and Felix Weber like this.
    09-29-14 02:59 AM
    Can't afford it? - Buy a Q5 - I paid $800.00 for mine and don't regret it one bit!
    You paid $800 for a Q5?!

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    09-29-14 03:00 AM
    So, the fact that they sold 200k units in a matter of hours on launch last week doesn't lead you to think there's some demand for something different?
    The thing is that the pricing there is 36000 INR - if they had kept the same pricing in India, it could've sold (though I think it should be more in the 33k bracket) they're charging 200 USD more in India.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 03:01 AM
    Can we buy it from USA amazon and get it delivered to a friend there and get it later when he comes here.

Warranty void?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 03:03 AM
    It seems prices in India are never what the market expects. Never fails. Within minutes of a device announcement in India, someone is here saying how it'll never sell. This will end up being a massive rant thread about the price, the taxes in India and how BlackBerry should price it better and how it can't compete with bottom dollar Android devices, yadda yadda yadda. Thread will be locked because of bickering, device prices will drop, special offers will be made yadda yadda yadda. The World will go on. Rinse, wash, repeat with the next device announcement.
    200USD premium? Last time I was supporting the z10's price - but BlackBerry did let us down. What explains a drop of more than 66% in less than an year? That said, this is more than the TOP dollar android devices (and two to three times the bottom dollar ones)

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 03:05 AM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Canadian price was $801 including the taxes, exchange rate... sold-out in two hours with 200,000 back log buyers from the online sites Shop BlackBerry and Amazon alone...

Its truly an Amazing innovative phone that blows by the competition....

Formerly z30 / iPhone 5.... now Passport

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 09-29-14 at 09:57 PM.
    SharonRD, Yasch22 and gvs1341 like this.
    09-29-14 03:05 AM
    Also, the q5's pricing was pretty decent. And so was the bold 4's and the 8900's.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 03:06 AM
  23. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Suggestion... buy it from Amazon. com or shop blackberry and have it sent to a friend in the usa...

Then have him or her courier it to you in India or have a friend deliver it.. just saying....

Seems vat /taxes high in India...

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-29-14 03:11 AM
    200USD premium? Last time I was supporting the z10's price - but BlackBerry did let us down. What explains a drop of more than 66% in less than an year? That said, this is more than the TOP dollar android devices (and two to three times the bottom dollar ones)

Posted via CB10

Hey I'm not arguing for or against the pricing. I'm just highlighting the pattern of device announcements. It's interesting that the prices never match what the market expects. Honestly, I was WAITING for this thread to appear. Even the Z3 had a similar thread, yet according to the reports it sold well, so I guess we'll see what side the Passport comes up on.
    09-29-14 03:12 AM
    Hey I'm not arguing for or against the pricing. I'm just highlighting the pattern of device announcements. It's interesting that the prices never match what the market expects. Honestly, I was WAITING for this thread to appear. Even the Z3 had a similar thread, yet according to the reports it sold well, so I guess we'll see what side the Passport comes up on.
    I agree - I expected this to come up even if it was 35-40k, but then I would be the one supporting it (even if u thought it was expensive) the 40k is the magic barrier in India - anything under that is good, anything over that is well. Never mind. And I agree with your point - the rant will go on (I got it out of my system, but then a lot of non-blackberry users will be starting soon)

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 03:18 AM
409 123 ...