Harass cyanogen for a mod to go on the device... otherwise, start scouring the phonescape for a replacement in case of premature demise... BlackBerry may collapse anytime

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 04:19 PM
    Ok....
    Blacklatino and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-13-16 04:33 PM
    Harassing them would be fruitless. You cannot root the phone. Likewise, BlackBerry closing it's doors is unlikely, no matter how much you suggest it.
    03-13-16 04:34 PM
    My HP Touchpad still runs fine with a cyanogen mod... if there were an effort on their part, cyanogen would find a way to bust into the BlackBerry Passport & such so we could continue to use it...
    Last edited by patapoof; 03-13-16 at 04:48 PM.
    03-13-16 04:35 PM
    Kudos! So does my Nook. It's rootable.
    03-13-16 04:47 PM
    BlackBerry should include a keyhole in 10.3.3 so we who so wish could open the door & root & get android & be done with this folderol...
    03-13-16 04:51 PM
    Pst...

They offer an Android phone.

Pst again...

It's not rootable.
    03-13-16 04:57 PM
    BlackBerry should include a keyhole in 10.3.3 so we who so wish could open the door & root & get android & be done with this folderol...
    Then that would compromise everything security wise that BlackBerry stands for

Posted via CB10
    PHughes, rarsen, zephyr613 and 2 others like this.
    03-13-16 05:03 PM
    BlackBerry is a failed firm... they embraced android... if the priv is so damn secure why not an android passport... pfft !!
    03-13-16 05:05 PM
    Because it's too obtuse a format for a first offering? Have you tried camomile lately?
    03-13-16 05:27 PM
    BlackBerry is a failed firm... they embraced android... if the priv is so damn secure why not an android passport... pfft !!
    If the Priv sells well, we may see an Android Passport.
    03-13-16 05:32 PM
    Camomille is way too moderate imho...
    03-13-16 07:11 PM
    My HP Touchpad still runs fine with a cyanogen mod... if there were an effort on their part, cyanogen would find a way to bust into the BlackBerry Passport & such so we could continue to use it...
    Continue to use it? Why, has your BB10 device stopped working? C'mon, so much exaggeration on your part.

 📱📶
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-13-16 08:19 PM
    All my BlackBerry 10 devices still work perfectly fine. Posted from my PRIV. Who cares.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    zephyr613 likes this.
    03-13-16 09:20 PM
    Camomille is way too moderate imho...
    Not to worry, I got what you need. Just set your alarm clock for two hours.....days.

((Shrugs)) Anyway, if the sales are moderately good, you could possibly see an Android Passport.
    03-14-16 08:36 AM
    For we of thin wallet, BlackBerry should consider our investment (in m case having spent for a the OG Passport more than the combined total of all cellphones I have owned) & preemie15 provide a pathway to an android update to increase the longevity of the device beyond a pitifully brief year...
    03-14-16 09:09 AM
    For we of thin wallet, BlackBerry should consider our investment (in m case having spent for a the OG Passport more than the combined total of all cellphones I have owned) & preemie15 provide a pathway to an android update to increase the longevity of the device beyond a pitifully brief year...

Next time you should educate yourself before you invest in products from a company in financial trouble and failing sales. For Passport users and especially Passport SE users... there were already signs that BB10 wasn't a viable product. But that doesn't mean it won't work as "ADVERTISED" when you bought it - you won't find any BlackBerry marketing material promising Android 5.0 or 6.0 for the runtime. Hasn't been a software roadmap in a long time... so there was no promise of 64 Bit computing, or even new software features.

But every BlackBerry WAS sold as a SECURE device that was not rootable... while many would welcome that security being bypassed (PlayBook owner too), other would be threatened and would sue BlackBerry. There just is no justifiable reason for BlackBerry to do it!
    03-14-16 01:48 PM
    Harass cyanogen for a mod to go on the device... otherwise, start scouring the phonescape for a replacement in case of premature demise... BlackBerry may collapse anytime

Posted via CB10
    It might be a obvious comments, but do you know that cyanogen mod it's a mildly modified android that 99% of the consumers couldn't tell the difference?

Actually the biggest difference is that cyanogen unlocks some hardware featuresonly usefull to do "geeky" things like remove bloatware, do overclocks, and some hardware tweaks, otherwise works pretty much like stock Android to average person's eyes.

Also I'm not getting where the similiarities between Cyanogen and BB10 are to be "the hope for bb10 users"
    03-14-16 01:52 PM
    At some point you guys will have to accept the fact that the company is abandoning BB10 and that will be followed shortly by the end of the hardware division. But, by all means break out a respirator instead of just getting a device that some factory someplace will support.
    03-14-16 02:11 PM
    If the CEO were not unscrupulous one would not ever be called upon to read the corporate balance sheet to choose a phone. JC lays down inscrutable puffery to this day in hopes of scamming the last nickel from the last dupe who buys his stuff. With that behavior, software buyers need to beware as well.

Next time you should educate yourself before you invest in products from a company in financial trouble and failing sales. For Passport users and especially Passport SE users... there were already signs that BB10 wasn't a viable product. But that doesn't mean it won't work as "ADVERTISED" when you bought it - you won't find any BlackBerry marketing material promising Android 5.0 or 6.0 for the runtime. Hasn't been a software roadmap in a long time... so there was no promise of 64 Bit computing, or even new software features.

But every BlackBerry WAS sold as a SECURE device that was not rootable... while many would welcome that security being bypassed (PlayBook owner too), other would be threatened and would sue BlackBerry. There just is no justifiable reason for BlackBerry to do it!
    Last edited by patapoof; 03-14-16 at 03:11 PM.
    03-14-16 02:20 PM
    Such Rubbish......

Posted by my Passport SE
    03-14-16 03:03 PM
    BB10 is like a hybrid of Android and BB10....i think it's another way BlackBerry test their users if they like Android and most of the user are dying for Apps.......

Posted via CB10
    03-14-16 08:38 PM
    OK, what you're asking isn't going to happen. The writing is on the wall, the phones are not rootable, and they owe you nothing when it comes to a phone that has been out for some time.

You don't see Android letting you switch to iOS or Windows, or the other makers doing the same. Cyanogen mod made a Rom for a rootable tablet, but if it cannot be done, and we suffered through several threads of people trying to root a PlayBook a couple of years ago to our endless irritation, so if is a waste of time.

If is the biggest little word. If your aunt had doors and tires she'd be a car. It isn't gonna happen. Either deal with the world as it is, or choose another option. You can't always get what you want.
    Uzi likes this.
    03-14-16 09:05 PM