Hi,
    I just wondered if anyone who is a passport owner actually uses it one handed for any tasks or if you have to use it two handed for everything? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 08:33 AM
    Hi,
    I just wondered if anyone who is a passport owner actually uses it one handed for any tasks or if you have to use it two handed for everything? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Mostly two-handed here, but there are some things I do one-handed, such as using the music player or controlling bPod to play or pause podcasts. Anything that involves typing text (as opposed to single-letter shortcuts) pretty much has to be done with both hands. If you like to tap out BBMs or texts one-handed, I'd say don't get the Passport; it'll be frustrating. In situations where I might have tried to do this, I now use voice recognition.
    10-22-14 08:39 AM
    I got a technique for typing with one hand on my passport mastered. I use my index finger and middle finger to support the back. Rest the bottom of the BlackBerry aginst the other finger and that allows me to reach across with my thumb. Its not as fast as two hands but perfect for whipping out a text while driving lol

Posted via CB10
    bbfanatic11 likes this.
    10-22-14 09:39 AM
    I got a technique for typing with one hand on my passport mastered. I use my index finger and middle finger to support the back. Rest the bottom of the BlackBerry aginst the other finger and that allows me to reach across with my thumb. Its not as fast as two hands but perfect for whipping out a text while driving lol

Posted via CB10
    Glad to hear it can be done if needed as I have a z10 and am not used to using two thumbs or a physical keyboard but I'm sure I will get the hang of it but just wondered if it was possible if needed.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 10:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yup same here. Typed one handed this whole sentence lol

Posted with my luxurious Canadian Passport
    10-22-14 06:06 PM
    Voice dictation. I know it might not work in all situations but it is very accurate and ideal for one-handing.
    And I don't mean the Voice Assistant, but long pressing the period symbol.

BlackBerry 10 signed @ C0007CC89
    10-22-14 06:13 PM
    I am developing a one-handed skill involves holding the phone at the bottom instead of on the side.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    10-22-14 07:11 PM
    One handed use is fine when you're not typing like browsing, reading, using apps. My hands are average so it's hard to stretch my right thumb to Q/A/Z buttons but I also manage with swipe most of the time.

One of the tradeoffs with the Passport IMO. For every tradeoff, there are excellent features and functions to compensate.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 10:49 PM
    I can pee at a urinal and still type one handed if I press the other side of the phone against my body to reach the keys on the far side.

Brought to you by...My sweet Passport
    10-22-14 10:58 PM
    One handed typing is the first thing I tried when I got to a demo passport at the airport few days back.
    Works OK if you hold it like BoldBigWorm says - ie support the bottom on your finger(s) so that you thumb is sort of more midway than usual. That was the only thing that I wanted to check myself before ordering. But YMMV, do check it out yourself once.
    10-22-14 11:00 PM
    I can pee at a urinal and still type one handed if I press the other side of the phone against my body to reach the keys on the far side.

Brought to you by...My sweet Passport
    One aught to be careful, don't want your passport to double as a urinal cake!

Posted via CB10
    d.roc likes this.
    10-22-14 11:04 PM