Perhaps this is common knowledge and I will get my *** kicked for not searching but I just realized and hooked up my bluetooth mouse to the pp and it works like with a computer. I can scroll with the scroll wheel and right click etc!

OMGWTFLMAOBBQ!!?

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    05-22-15 09:25 PM
    Yes the same with a bluetooth keyboard or a wired one using an OTG adaptor, definitely something amazing

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 09:30 PM
    Nice to know this.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 09:35 PM
    there are some YouTube videos showing how this works: there are still some rough edges but very few... and when BlackBerry 10 properly supports landscape mode, I think the age of pocket computing will have truly arrived: Docking station including high resolution monitor, BT keyboard & mouse: for conventional business uses a BB10 device could do everything.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 09:44 PM
    Hi. Does it work with Android apps.?
    Scrolling, and clicks? If yes, what brand mouse are you using?

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 11:05 PM
    I already use my BlackBerry for everything.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 11:22 PM
    I think the age of pocket computing will have truly arrived: Docking station including high resolution monitor, BT keyboard & mouse: for conventional business uses a BB10 device could do everything.

Posted via CB10
    It's already here, IMO.PP is it. Or even Z30. Z30 is good for this, Try it.
    dbollman423 likes this.
    05-22-15 11:31 PM
    It wont work on android apps, sorry.

Posted via CB10
    bb_uzer likes this.
    05-22-15 11:32 PM
    there are some YouTube videos showing how this works: there are still some rough edges but very few... and when BlackBerry 10 properly supports landscape mode, I think the age of pocket computing will have truly arrived: Docking station including high resolution monitor, BT keyboard & mouse: for conventional business uses a BB10 device could do everything.

Posted via CB10
    I really hope they can implement full OS landscape mode like the PlayBook. But I'm skeptical at this point as to whether it will happen. Development of BB10 really seems to have slowed to a crawl. It's a bit disheartening.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 12:14 AM
    I just bought a Z30. Very interesting how some people can use it as a computer almost. I don't think that I am getting what I can out of it and I went from 9930 (2 years), Z10 (2 years) and now Z30.

I don't look up stuff like this for Apple, Android or Microsoft so perhaps I'm not looking for/getting information.

I've been impressed with what I've seen.

This was in place by the previous CEO though.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 12:30 AM
    It wont work on android apps, sorry.

Posted via CB10
    I've used the mouse hooked up to the Z30 and HDMI to the TV with an android app during a family event for fun and the mouse worked fine with the android app. Was a ton of fun. Haven't tried this with the Passport though with a Bluetooth mouse.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 12:37 AM
    What brand mouse did you use?

I've used the mouse hooked up to the Z30 and HDMI to the TV with an android app during a family event for fun and the mouse worked fine with the android app. Was a ton of fun. Haven't tried this with the Passport though with a Bluetooth mouse.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 12:40 AM
    I have used this, but unfortunately the home screen being locked to portrait mode and the mouse not providing proper gesture support in apps in landscape orientation really undermines the usability of a BB10 device for long-form document editing: coupled with lack of system-level undo, I think the ability to rely on your handheld for the majority of business tasks is a ways off.

I believe that Microsoft is the vendor headed in the right direction, BlackBerry less so, but BB could still 'catch up'. When powerful Windows Phone 10 devices start rolling out, expect to see some 'Samsung and Apple will sit up and take notice' market share gains for WP. Like the grizzled old man I'm destined to become, 'mark my words!'
    Korla_Plankton likes this.
    05-23-15 03:13 AM
    I have used this, but unfortunately the home screen being locked to portrait mode and the mouse not providing proper gesture support in apps in landscape orientation really undermines the usability of a BB10 device for long-form document editing: coupled with lack of system-level undo, I think the ability to rely on your handheld for the majority of business tasks is a ways off.

I believe that Microsoft is the vendor headed in the right direction, BlackBerry less so, but BB could still 'catch up'. When powerful Windows Phone 10 devices start rolling out, expect to see some 'Samsung and Apple will sit up and take notice' market share gains for WP. Like the grizzled old man I'm destined to become, 'mark my words!'
    Umm.... this? And this is even Z10. It supports landscape view just fine, complete with mouse and keyboard as usual.

05-23-15 03:35 AM
    In the title to this thread, what does OMFG mean?

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 03:45 AM
    Umm.... this? And this is even Z10. It supports landscape view just fine, complete with mouse and keyboard as usual.

Yes, that is one of the videos I was referring to.

I haven't tried it myself since over a year ago, but at the time this video was posted (Feb 2013) the implementation was flawed: when you move the mouse pointer near the top of the screen in landscape mode the mouse pointer does not change to the 'swipe down gesture' icon as it does in portrait mode in apps, meaning you can't access the app settings menu without physically touching the screen... And the mouse support for the swipe-up gesture isn't 'robust'. no system-wide undo kills it for me in terms of foregoing use of a Windows PC for 'real work'.

Close, but not quite.
    05-23-15 03:48 AM
    Yes, that is one of the videos I was referring to.

I haven't tried it myself since over a year ago, but at the time this video was posted (Feb 2013) the implementation was flawed: when you move the mouse pointer near the top of the screen in landscape mode the mouse pointer does not change to the 'swipe down gesture' icon as it does in portrait mode in apps, meaning you can't access the app settings menu without physically touching the screen... And the mouse support for the swipe-up gesture isn't 'robust'. no system-wide undo kills it for me in terms of foregoing use of a Windows PC for 'real work'.

Close, but not quite.
    I see. I haven't tried it myself with my PP, as I don't yet have the cable (been meaning to look for it). This makes me curiousf. Perhaps-just perhaps, a different result will yield with the Passport. Not holding my breath, I know. It's an excuse to find that cable, anyway. And an external cradle so I can move the data from my dead PC's hard drive. There 's a terrabyte in there. Gotta move 'em out.
    05-23-15 04:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    Seriously?
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-23-15 04:00 AM
    You can also do the reverse of this using the app Blue TouchPad. It allows you to use your BB10 device as a Bluetooth touchpad and keyboard to other devices including other BB10 and Android devices.

Perhaps this is common knowledge and I will get my *** kicked for not searching but I just realized and hooked up my bluetooth mouse to the pp and it works like with a computer. I can scroll with the scroll wheel and right click etc!

OMGWTFLMAOBBQ!!?

Posted via CB10
    Marcin Dabrowsky likes this.
    05-23-15 04:43 AM
    For the benefit of ESL CrackBerry members...

Oh My... God

The F is the present-participle form of an English-language verb that is considered vulgar and hilarious and a lot of fun to do and, in this context, is meant to exaggerate the 'surprise' of the phrase without the F word.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 05:15 AM
    Did you say barbecue?

Z10
    05-23-15 05:26 AM
    For the benefit of ESL CrackBerry members...

Oh My... God

The F is the present-participle form of an English-language verb that is considered vulgar and hilarious and a lot of fun to do and, in this context, is meant to exaggerate the 'surprise' of the phrase without the F word.

Posted via CB10
    And totally unnecessary.

Posted via CB10
    KemKev likes this.
    05-23-15 12:13 PM
    What you say? I no get it!

What the F is this about?

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 11:20 PM
    Its foolish. Oh My Foolish God.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 01:33 AM
    Yeah Z30 is the better mobile computer, surprisingly. Hdmi + 16x9 ratio. And usb hub support.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 09:10 AM
33 12