I have noticed that the oleophobic coating is wearing off on a certain part of my screen. The top-right corner, just under the forward camera lens smudges very easily now. I suspect that I place my thumb there often to unlock the screen by pressing to top button. The smudges wipe clean with a microfiber cloth, but you can see the wear area.

I'm just concerned that this will happen in other areas of the screen with time.

Has anybody experienced this? Just try running your fingers across the screen and see if it smudges unusually in certain areas.
    11-09-14 02:10 PM
    Can/t say exhaustively on this one as its too early, but if every other phone I've ever owned is anything to go by, if it lasts as long as month or two you will be lucky. Certainly mine is a little more smudged than i seem to recall. Might be best to accept that so the ride gets a bit easier

I have noticed that the oleophobic coating is wearing off on a certain part of my screen. The top-right corner, just under the forward camera lens smudges very easily now. I suspect that I place my thumb there often to unlock the screen by pressing to top button. The smudges wipe clean with a microfiber cloth, but you can see the wear area.

I'm just concerned that this will happen in other areas of the screen with time.

Has anybody experienced this? Just try running your fingers across the screen and see if it smudges unusually in certain areas.
    11-09-14 02:23 PM
    Can/t say exhaustively on this one as its too early, but if every other phone I've ever owned is anything to go by, if it lasts as long as month or two you will be lucky. Certainly mine is a little more smudged than i seem to recall. Might be best to accept that so the ride gets a bit easier
    Yeah, apparently there are some coating kits you can buy to reapply it. But I guess it will just be a matter of time. I don't think my Z10 had any on it in the first place so it's all smudged.
    11-09-14 02:26 PM
    it'll happen over time... there are coating kits on amazon... havent tried any though
    11-09-14 02:26 PM
    Yes, I've experienced the same issue with two z10's.
    It WILL get worse and theres no way to fix it.
    The issue has also been discussed in these forms a while ago.

Good luck with your Passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 02:30 PM
    The only solution is to get a quality screen protector with oleophobic coating.
    11-09-14 02:37 PM
    The only solution is to get a quality screen protector with oleophobic coating.
    I've never used screen protectors. They just become so scratched up over time that the screen looks ugly.
    11-09-14 02:40 PM
    I've never used screen protectors. They just become so scratched up over time that the screen looks ugly.
    Tempered glass screen protector will not scratch.
    11-09-14 02:46 PM
    Tempered glass screen protector will not scratch.
    ehhh....they do but really tiny
    11-09-14 02:49 PM
    Have 'em (tempered glass) on both my Z10s, absolutely love 'em. There are 2 outfits that are taking pre-orders for the passport,
    MFX BlackBerry Passport Tempered Glass Screen Protector :: MobileFun.com
    Blackberry Passport Glass Screen Protector : Phantom Glass Web Store
    11-09-14 03:56 PM
    When a screen protector gets scratched up, I pull it off and spend $5 on a new one. This seems better than trying to replace a screen and digitizer.
    11-10-14 10:40 AM