I straight traded my Passport for a P9982. Not that I didn't love the passport....I did, absolutely I did. I also wanted to experience an all touch Blackberry 10 device with no cash exchange. This experience has been a mixed bag. The same issues exist between the two devices although I had expected the passport to be a lot faster based on the 3gb of ram, but it is not. I feel like the Passport is not using its ram to the best of its abilities. Now let's face it...the P9982 is a downgrade which I already know but it is still a beautifully designed the device and for what I currently use it for it does suit the purpose. I do miss the Passport's screen size for reading web pages and articles, but love not having to use 2 hands to use my phone. A valuable experience nonetheless. Maybe I am in the losing end.....maybe my trade partner won, who knows? What I do know is that I would never pay out the $$$ for a Porsche Design device out of my pocket as the premium look of it I personally feel is not worth the cost, nor the cost of the accessories. On the other hand, I ended up using the Passport naked the last couple of months because I ended up finding the cases to be more of a hinderance.......once again just my opinion. 2 well made devices by Blackberry.....if they just worked more on the smoothness of Blackberry 10 I would be happy....oh and go back to user replaceable batteries. This is the one thing I feel the z10/P9982 has over any of the newer devices. I also love the 64gb of internal memory.....too bad it corrupted my 64gb memory card. Sigh.
    04-26-15 04:07 PM
    I'm not sure why people think having a 1gb extra RAM will suddenly make the device faster, if it's not using it it's just doing nothing...
    Now the CPU you can complain about, the Passport has a nuclear power plant under the bonnet, so it should be quicker.
    Gadgetgirl38 likes this.
    04-26-15 04:18 PM
    I would have done the same, just for the bling factor. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Gadgetgirl38 likes this.
    04-26-15 04:32 PM
    OP, as long as you feel happy with the trade then all the details about specs and functionality don't really matter. Mobile phones, besides their functionality also became fashion items (not unlike expensive watches) and as such are chosen mostly based on emotional grounds (looks, etc) that later tend to be justified with rational arguments (specs. etc).
    So enjoy your phone, at least you had the chance to try 2 top of the line BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    Gadgetgirl38 likes this.
    04-26-15 07:03 PM
    The z10 is pretty nice. Never found it to be slow. Though the passport is much faster in general, it doesn't have the smoothness..in my opinion they should work the passports 'flow' differently.
    Gadgetgirl38 likes this.
    04-26-15 08:12 PM
    I don't think it's a dumb trade by any means. The 2 phones are quite different and the smart choice is the one that works best for you. I love my Passport but the P'9982 is a beautiful device in its own right. I'd absolutely love a Porsche Design BlackBerry phone but the Passport suited my needs perfectly. I also don't know if I could justify the premium price on a Porsche Design phone just for the design.
    Gadgetgirl38 likes this.
    04-26-15 08:41 PM
    It may be a 'dumb thing' to other but what matter most is, it is 'not' for you...

Posted via CB10
    Gadgetgirl38 likes this.
    04-26-15 10:10 PM
    I do miss the passport but this is one touch device that I actually really like! I just bought a couple extra batteries and a charger to swap batteries in scenarios where I don't have time to charge the phone
    04-27-15 07:03 PM
    I don't think it's a dumb trade by any means. The 2 phones are quite different and the smart choice is the one that works best for you. I love my Passport but the P'9982 is a beautiful device in its own right. I'd absolutely love a Porsche Design BlackBerry phone but the Passport suited my needs perfectly. I also don't know if I could justify the premium price on a Porsche Design phone just for the design.
    Hence why I did a straight trade with no funds involved since that phone used is still going for more than a used passport
    04-27-15 07:04 PM