Bought mine on Friday (AT&T version), activated it last night, and today......completely satisfied! Ever since talk of the slider came out I've been waiting...the Priv is out, and well, not to divide the home team...ya'll see what I got!!

Coming from a Torch, I thought there'd be a big learning curve, but wow...this beast is SO easy to use, and I keep finding little goodies that make it more and more enjoyable each time I pick it up!
    11-15-15 08:35 AM
    Hey guys, just got a Passport Silver Edition. This is my first Blackberry, ever.

I've had a variety of Apple and Android devices in the past, including the original iPhone, iPhone 5S and most recently, the Nexus 5.

I can't really say much bad about those OSes, both have their strengths. I will say that buying a device that allows for direct OTA updates straight from the mothership is key and I've always loved that about my iPhones, Nexus and now, Passport!

Anyways, the Passport: the thing is a beast! Love it. I thought it would take me a while to get used to OS 10, having never touched a BB before but I've found it very intuitive and user friendly. For me there is no "nostalgia factor" with the physical keyboard because I've never had one before (unless you count keypads, lol) but I have to say the tactile click click click is kinda addictive.

Love the widescreen. Yeah makes it a two hand device, basically, but yeah, its great.

I find myself instantly wanting to recommend it to my friends. I'm a realist though and for my non tech savy family/friends who want their phone to "just work", with any app, any time, sadly BB can't deliver that experience with OS 10. But for the right person with a bit a patience and no particular app addictions, this phone is the best.

I know I'm preaching to the choir on this forum, but if you're thinking about BB, or a Passport, give it a try. I'm so glad I did.
    mbamd likes this.
    11-15-15 03:33 PM
    Blackberry Passport Silver Edition, November 2015. Enjoying the new device, solid build and BB 10.3. Yes a few new things to get familiar with, as with any OS change; delightful experience.
    11-16-15 11:43 AM
    I like the PP Silver Edition than the 1st edition. i am considering buying the PP silver edition. Who could tell me about the difference between Asia pacific edition and Europe edition?
    11-20-15 01:55 AM
    I like the PP Silver Edition than the 1st edition. i am considering buying the PP silver edition. Who could tell me about the difference between Asia pacific edition and Europe edition?
    I'm not sure of the exact answer, but more than likely the bands are different.
    11-26-15 09:35 AM
    Just let go my Black Passport and got myself a red one now. Loving it. And I still use my Classic at the same time.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-26-15 09:39 AM
    Got my SE. It's my first blackberry device. I used to be a kind of apple fanboy with all the apple products but I bought a surface pro 4 and a passport SE. I still have some issues with Blend and the battery life is not as great as expected (probably due to the fact that I'm over using it) but I appreciate that phone very much. Way better than my iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 10:06 AM
    My father gave me a BB Passport with broken screen for free and he bought a Passport SE.
    I fixed it myself with a 68 Euro screen I found on AliExpress. It has some dents on the frame but i'm verry happy with it.
    12-01-15 06:00 AM
    Received SE today, box seemed over-scuffed, you can tell it's been used before due to the lint inside of packaging. Think I got the reject from some other crackberrian because the top right side of the screen exhibits this 'lift' issue. You can press the screen down and can't feel it for a few moments but it does seemingly come back after several seconds. Essentially what it is, is the screen sits higher than the bezel frame until you press it in. Going to look through how to exchange this, not really an expected result from a brand new device. Anyways, it's a great handset otherwise and I look forward to getting one without a lift issue on the screen.
    12-02-15 12:33 AM
    Received SE today, box seemed over-scuffed, you can tell it's been used before due to the lint inside of packaging. Think I got the reject from some other crackberrian because the top right side of the screen exhibits this 'lift' issue. You can press the screen down and can't feel it for a few moments but it does seemingly come back after several seconds. Essentially what it is, is the screen sits higher than the bezel frame until you press it in. Going to look through how to exchange this, not really an expected result from a brand new device. Anyways, it's a great handset otherwise and I look forward to getting one without a lift issue on the screen.
    UPDATE:
    The best Blackberry can do is RMA repair the device not replace it for a new one. I bought a new device, and the last thing one wants is their new phone ripped apart to fix it, what kinda new device is that? Unfortunately my only option if I want an SE is to buy another one and return this for some other poor soul to get off the pipeline. Might just have to do that even though I miss out on the Black Friday deal now.

As a note, your payment floats directly to Ireland, your shipment comes from Indiana and all communications I've had with BlackBerry support and ShopBlackBerry have been from folks in SouthEast Asia. Nobodies in Canada anymore it seems.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-03-15 06:21 PM
    Bought my Passport SE yesterday. So far so good. Still struggling with PKB as I've never used one before. Hopefully I'll get used to it.
    12-04-15 12:23 PM
    ...you'll be flying in three to four days. I do suggest ONLY using that device for a few days.
    If you stray back and forth between the physical keyboard, and a virtual, it will take longer to adjust to the physical one.
    Trust me, been there, done that.

Bought my Passport SE yesterday. So far so good. Still struggling with PKB as I've never used one before. Hopefully I'll get used to it.
    12-04-15 06:18 PM
    ...you'll be flying in three to four days. I do suggest ONLY using that device for a few days.
    If you stray back and forth between the physical keyboard, and a virtual, it will take longer to adjust to the physical one.
    Trust me, been there, done that.
    That's what I'm doing. Still has lumia 950 but haven't used it since I got the passport SE. Trying to get better at typing. So still hoping to keep this device.
    anon(153966) likes this.
    12-04-15 07:25 PM
    Just got my Passport SE a couple of days ago. Long time BlackBerry user back from the BBOS days.

I strayed from my Z10 to a Galaxy s5 for a year. I recently used my contract upgrade for a Priv. Keyboard on the Priv was no what I had hoped for as the top keys were very difficult to press for me.

So I took advantage of the promo from BlackBerry and bought an SE. Android was nice with a lot of bells and whistles, but I was thinking about my use for a smartphone and 95% of my use is for emailing, BBM, texts, phone calls. Nobody does this better than BlackBerry.

Long story short, love this SE.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 06:02 AM
    I strayed from my BB Z10 to a Samsung S4 to use the Voxer app. Now my job has issued me an S5, and nobody needs 2 android phones. So I had an upgrade available from At&t, and now I'm counting down the hours until my Passport arrives tomorrow. I already have my red Seidio case, my screen protector and the BB bluetooth speaker at the ready!
    12-07-15 11:35 AM
    What a long strange trip back to Blackberry.

I started with a Bold 9900 and a Playbook

Z10
    Z30

I travelled the promised land of Windows Mobile with;

Lumia 920 (a Tank, but good)
    Lumia 1020 (delusions of Pro Photos being so important)

I left for Android
    LG Flex (Android in a cool form factor...not so much)

I went back to Windows
    Lumia 1520 (A Beast Loved it. DROP. SMASH. Done)

Went down the NEXUS 6 road (work email not supported on Windows Device and I like to tinker. WRONG. Android not my favorite)

And now in search of a Device that just works for Me...The Passport SE.

Limited Apps. Questionable life in OS and a ton of rumours about its demise. (could someone point me to an Official Statement from BlackBerry regarding the state of BlackBerry OS please?)

But. The build quality, that awesome keyboard (need some help there. Anyone?), and getting things done. Nothing better. I remember everything I liked before.

I made comments about my frustration with Blackberry, made bold statements upon my exit, and came back eating my words and some crow.
    I will never forgive the Playbook Debacle , but the Passport SE helps.

Hopefully December is not a Day of Infamy and Despair for BlackBerry and their users.

I like this phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 12:58 PM
    My Passport arrived today...The software version is 10.3.2.556, is that the latest?
    12-08-15 08:22 PM
    Gonna have to stop complaining if I wanna use BB10 by this year, the replacement doesn't look used but the entire top of the screen is lifted. Enjoying Google Apps on the Passport now and have no complaints.
    12-09-15 04:32 PM
    I got my BlackBerry Passport yesterday... here some photos:

Official "I got my Passport" Thread.-4-.jpg
    Official "I got my Passport" Thread.-1-.jpg
    Official "I got my Passport" Thread.-img-20151209-wa007.jpg

SQW100-1 and today I force FOTA from 10.3.2.2369 to 10.3.2.2813 with SACHESI without problems, working too and updated a lot of GAPPS (Thanks Cobalt232) :-)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by noemi-abril; 12-10-15 at 05:43 AM.
    12-10-15 05:32 AM
    Got my BlackBerry Passport SE 5 days ago and content with it. However, I am getting around 10-12 hours of battery life on average usage. Is there specific way of using/charging a Blackberry Passport during first days to get promised 20-25 hours of battery life per day?
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 11:49 AM
    So I've got mine today! lol.
    Official "I got my Passport" Thread.-img_20151206_122341.jpg

Just kidding, the real one is on the way. Hopefully it'll arrive today!

Posted via my Q10 running 10.3.2.something
    cbosdell likes this.
    12-15-15 02:22 AM
    Got mine yesterday. Wow. The screen is great. Take a little time getting used to the size but love it.
    Last edited by royphotog; 12-16-15 at 10:05 AM. Reason: hit post key to soon
    12-16-15 10:02 AM
    @thread

mine arrived today, and it's spectacular. seriously terrific. i've been using a classic since it shipped, and before that a Q10, and before that OS7 devices.... this things is unreal. why on earth they didn't try to get more buy-in from US carriers, i'll never know.

best. phone. ever.

-- eldee
    12-16-15 01:54 PM
    I got mine a few weeks ago and I'm loving every minute of it. It's a delight to hold and use. The form factor is just right - it's so much nicer having that extra width on the display. The OS is great, although there are a few annoyances and niggles here and there. A few more release cycles would have made it epic - bit of a shame BB 10 is now on life support.

The only negative thing about the form factor is how it looks when you're taking a call. But I suppose it can't be worse than those bluetooth earpieces people use while walking around.
    12-17-15 04:56 AM
    So it finally arrived.
    Official "I got my Passport" Thread.-img_20151221_134618_edit.jpg

Also I want to ask if this is some sort of faulty display assembly or it's normal, I mean light from LED leaking above the display glass.

Official "I got my Passport" Thread.-img_20151221_141950_001.jpg
    12-21-15 07:25 AM
1,265 ... 3334353637 ...