First impressions for note 4 is not that great. I feel Passport have a great chance.

First impressions: Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Edge - First impressions: Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Edge - The Times of India

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    09-04-14 11:51 PM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 offers no breakaway features: Analysts - http://toi.in/h-UE8a

09-04-14 11:53 PM
    We still got another phone to watch out for that will be revealed on 9 sept......

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 12:43 AM
    Lolz.. that phone has been hit by security scandals.. being sued by celebrity's isn't a good start to start marketing your new product..

BB is da way to go. Secure..

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 12:51 AM
    I don't think any phone has a VOW effect.

Posted via CB10
    austriker likes this.
    09-05-14 12:54 AM
    Lolz.. that phone has been hit by security scandals.. being sued by celebrity's isn't a good start to start marketing your new product..

BB is da way to go. Secure..

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, but still...many people don't really care if something new comes from apple people are always getting crazy don't know why but they do

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 12:55 AM
    We still got another phone to watch out for that will be revealed on 9 sept......

Posted via CB10
    Let's wait and see...anyways they have media who will write big stories praising how good it is irrespective of how bad or good.

09-05-14 01:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    HTC one had when it got released

09-05-14 01:56 AM
    HTC one had when it got released

I think you're trying to say the 'WOW' effect... change the title someone

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 02:11 AM
    I think you're trying to say the 'WOW' effect... change the title someone

Posted via CB10
    Yes.):

09-05-14 02:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hahahaha, this made me LOL!

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 02:45 AM
    First impressions for note 4 is not that great. I feel Passport have a great chance.

First impressions: Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Edge - First impressions: Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Edge - The Times of India

There is no advantage to the Passport at all. Sure, the device itself may be neat but all indicators point to it being overpriced for what it is, and of course we can't forget the complete lack of an ecosystem.

I will still get one once the price settles, but I won't delude myself into thinking that the Passport is BlackBerry's second coming.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-05-14 02:47 AM
    Corrected title and watching opinion coming through.

Sent from my white Q10 using Tapatalk
    Dmessenger likes this.
    09-05-14 02:49 AM
    I left BlackBerry for the Note 3 and came back because of the Android OS...but boy are they improving it constantly. Not sure if the Passport is in the same category.

G's Z30
    09-05-14 11:49 AM
    Better build quality, better multi-window, stylus and battery life. Good upgrade for Note 2 users but not a WOW phone.
    09-05-14 12:02 PM
    Can't believe that people are still thinking that a keyboard phone is in the same race as a full touch screen!

I don't even think BlackBerry thinks it's in that race.
    09-05-14 12:50 PM
    There is no advantage to the Passport at all

Posted via CB10
    Firstly this is my opinion.

1st) Blackberry has a unique design over most other devices. Specifically that 1:1 ration and square form factor. This makes them stand out from the pack.

2nd) it has a Touch sensitive Qwerty keyboard. This is most definatly an "advantage" as it give a unique feature that isn't offered on any other device.

3rd) Massive Battery, who doesn't want a phone that will last the whole day?? If you tell people your BlackBerry will last you easily 2 days with Low - Moderate use. You will attract people.

I could go on but I'm sure people have stopped reading. Bottom line BlackBerry does has advantages with its devices and I hope like hell that this device does well and put BlackBerry on the up for the next few years

BlackBerry 10 Wallpapers (BBM Channel) C004635F8
    anon(5990673) likes this.
    09-05-14 02:18 PM
    IMO, i disagree with this.

Samsung has taken a product and made it better in a lot of ways. Top of the line specs that you can get out of a smartphone right now. When you say the PassPort has a great chance, what exactly do you mean? Dont get me wrong, I do believe BB innovated with the keyboard on the PassPort, but even if people happen to think Samsung dropped the ball with the Note 4 (which i dont), I have high doubts to make a dent in its sales. Just being honest
    kbz1960 and Dmessenger like this.
    09-05-14 02:54 PM

Samsung has taken a product and made it better in a lot of ways. Top of the line specs that you can get out of a smartphone right now. When you say the PassPort has a great chance, what exactly do you mean? Dont get me wrong, I do believe BB innovated with the keyboard on the PassPort, but even if people happen to think Samsung dropped the ball with the Note 4 (which i dont), I have high doubts to make a dent in its sales. Just being honest
    Meaningless specs again with Touchwiz...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-05-14 03:02 PM
    This means nothing, It'll sell like hot cakes x millions
    09-05-14 03:10 PM
    Meaningless specs again with Touchwiz...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Mayb you are right Dave. I admit ive heard people talk about the slow downs on their Note 3's...on the other hand, i know people who love their Note 3's too. I still stand by what I said though. I just ask that when the OP says its a opportunity for the PassPort, what or how big of a opportunity are they talking about...especially considering people keep saying this is not a consumer device...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-05-14 03:11 PM
    This means nothing, It'll sell like hot cakes x millions
    Record losses either way. They won't reach their quota. Samsung S5 was not a success. They over saturated the market.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-05-14 03:12 PM
    Yeah I saw a demo on gsmarena, and there was definitely some lag. I was surprised, with the 805 and all. With the same amount of ram I think the Passport can rival the latest and greatest from sammy!
    09-05-14 04:02 PM
    Yeah I saw a demo on gsmarena, and there was definitely some lag. I was surprised, with the 805 and all. With the same amount of ram I think the Passport can rival the latest and greatest from sammy!
    If and only if they make the android runtime run good with notifications toast etc etc

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 04:21 PM

While you're probably right, I'm seeing a lot of buzz to suggest that even Note fans aren't really thrilled by the Note 4. The Edge looks nifty, and it might get a little attention, but the plain Note 4 seems to be getting a whole load of "Meh".

The Passport doesn't directly challenge the Note anyway, but I think it DOES have an interesting advantage: it looks VERY different from every other phone out there right now. If it's on display in a store, people WILL look at it, if only to sneer and say "really??". But there will be a few who might actually like the concept. And this isn't a bad time for a security-oriented brand to be introducing a new phone...
    09-05-14 04:43 PM
42 12