I am long time BlackBerry fan. Unfortunately, I am currently using an iPhone 5 & a Note 3 because of access to the Google services (Google voice, hangouts, Google drive ) that I use for my business. Google cloud services are far and away miles ahead of where iCloud is right now.
    Originally i was only interested the Classic, but after all the "leaks" the Passport has grown on me.
    Any thoughts on what advantage that it might have over the Note?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-22-14 05:34 PM
    The biggest physical keyboard with the biggest 1:1 screen ever made. Massive battery. Not Android. 1440p. The first physical keyboard to use gestures for specific actions. Basically it's a communication work horse with the best cellular signal and 4 mics for extra clarity. And additionally will include android 4.3 runtime with better compatibility and performance than current BB10 devices.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-22-14 05:49 PM
    If Google services are used for your business then any advantage of BB10 doesn't matter since it won't work well regardless of runtime. Its like saying you use iMessage, Facetime, iCloud, now point me to the best BB10 device.
    p51 likes this.
    07-22-14 05:55 PM
    Moved to passport section. Personally waiting on the classic, but I think the passport could be a winner too. Most of the time, BB10 handles Google cloud services well, for emails and calendars but you won't be able to use hangouts, unfortunately, at least not yet. It 'may' improve
    07-22-14 05:56 PM
    I currently own the Note 3 and plan on switching to the Passport once it's feasible.
    I really don't use a lot of the "features" the Note 3 is designed for.
    My main reason for switching will be the Hub and physical keyboard. I am sick of bouncing around from app to app to have to communicate. Second to that, I am getting sick of typing on a touchscreen. I have actually noticed that my spelling capabilities have declined.... I feel like an *****!
    Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy Android. There are a lot of great features. I currently own a Tab 4 8 inch, and I figure with that size tablet and a Passport, it will be a good combo.

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    07-22-14 09:54 PM
    I currently own the Note 3 and plan on switching to the Passport once it's feasible.
    I really don't use a lot of the "features" the Note 3 is designed for.
    My main reason for switching will be the Hub and physical keyboard. I am sick of bouncing around from app to app to have to communicate. Second to that, I am getting sick of typing on a touchscreen. I have actually noticed that my spelling capabilities have declined.... I feel like an *****!
    Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy Android. There are a lot of great features. I currently own a Tab 4 8 inch, and I figure with that size tablet and a Passport, it will be a good combo.

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk
    Funny that you mention this. I'm having the same problem after typing on glass for a while. My spelling has gone to hell and half the words I type I'm scratching my head as to the right way of spelling them. That to me is very concerning.

07-23-14 01:51 AM
    Funny that you mention this. I'm having the same problem after typing on glass for a while. My spelling has gone to hell and half the words I type I'm scratching my head as to the right way of spelling them. That to me is very concerning.

Haha well now it kind of makes me feel better that I am not the only one.
    But yes, it is very concerning. I was typing on my Q5 the other day and was embarrassed that I had to Google a couple words... That's pretty weak!

07-23-14 06:59 AM
    The biggest physical keyboard with the biggest 1:1 screen ever made. Massive battery. Not Android. 1440p. The first physical keyboard to use gestures for specific actions. Basically it's a communication work horse with the best cellular signal and 4 mics for extra clarity. And additionally will include android 4.3 runtime with better compatibility and performance than current BB10 devices.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Best cellular signal - big claim from someone who doesn't own it nor used it for even a week. False claim, font make such without knowing anything.

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    07-23-14 07:04 AM
    I have been a long time BB user. I swited to the Note 3 because AT&T would not sell the Z30 and I wanted a larger screen. The was my bigest mistate. I do not like this phone and I can not wait until the passport comes out. Ther is no auto back up to my dropbox. I have to do the backups. I miss the hub. I just love having my BB. The passport can not get here soon enough for me
    07-23-14 08:19 AM
    Haha well now it kind of makes me feel better that I am not the only one.
    But yes, it is very concerning. I was typing on my Q5 the other day and was embarrassed that I had to Google a couple words... That's pretty weak!

It's not surprising to be honest. Over-reliance on autocorrect causes this. You don't think or pay attention any more how words are spelled. Combine this with auto complete where in most instances you don't even have to type out the word and you've got a recipe for illiteracy.

vpblaze likes this.
    07-23-14 09:17 AM
    Best cellular signal - big claim from someone who doesn't own it nor used it for even a week. False claim, font make such without knowing anything.

It's going to be as good if not better than the Z30...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-23-14 11:13 AM
    It's not surprising to be honest. Over-reliance on autocorrect causes this. You don't think or pay attention any more how words are spelled. Combine this with auto complete where in most instances you don't even have to type out the word and you've got a recipe for illiteracy.

I don't realize this was a problem until you guys mentioned it. =-= And that is true. I prefer typing on my Z30 rather than on a true full-sized physical keyboard of my laptop.
    07-23-14 02:11 PM

Knowing BlackBerrys track record in this department and especially the Z30 with its Paratek antenna, it's pretty safe to assume it'll be industry leading concerning reception. No doubt.
    07-23-14 05:26 PM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    I'd say if you hammer out email replays all day from the phone then this is the device. Other than that that the Note 3 is better esp if you take advantage of the pen. In fact I'd bet if BB would have just launched with this phone they could have got everyone from bb7 devices to upgrade and they could have kept their then big base of customers that has since been lost. The people at my work who have BB7 devices want it for doing nothing else than email and long battery with the keyboard. The other people who don't answer many emails want a more rounded phone. They either have Samsung S5 or Iphones.
    robert_in_la and p51 like this.
    07-23-14 05:49 PM
    I'll have to make a similar decision soon.
    Not much is known about the Note 4, albeit it's features and specs are rather predictable, whereas there is already a lot of information available on the Passport and I am still undecided.

The reasons for a Note 4 are basically the large, and presumably brilliant, QHD screen as well as Android for the availability of google services and native apps.

At the same time I love the physical keyboard of the Q10 and I kind of want to stick to that. Additionally I prefer the multi tasking system of BlackBerry over the Android one, and the HUB is definitely more efficient.

As for the looks, right now I am leaning towards the Passport, since I assume the Note 4 is not going to be much different from current Samsung devices and the Passport provides a very nice, and definitely catchy look.

But the big drawback is still the availability of apps. I appreciate a good choice of them, and I regularly use for example the American Airlines app. Will something like that ever run smoothly on a square screen, loaded from an Amazon app store? I don't know. And I don't want to deal with unexpected errors in the middle of a booking process. This is by far not the only questionable app... I have the same concern for several others.

So, in the end it will come down to the importance of apps. Better stay with BlackBerry and get that nice white Passport? Or play it safe and get an Android device again, making compatibility concerns obsolete?

Any thoughts?
    p51 likes this.
    07-23-14 11:58 PM
    I'll have to make a similar decision soon.
    Not much is known about the Note 4, albeit it's features and specs are rather predictable, whereas there is already a lot of information available on the Passport and I am still undecided.

The reasons for a Note 4 are basically the large, and presumably brilliant, QHD screen as well as Android for the availability of google services and native apps.

At the same time I love the physical keyboard of the Q10 and I kind of want to stick to that. Additionally I prefer the multi tasking system of BlackBerry over the Android one, and the HUB is definitely more efficient.

As for the looks, right now I am leaning towards the Passport, since I assume the Note 4 is not going to be much different from current Samsung devices and the Passport provides a very nice, and definitely catchy look.

But the big drawback is still the availability of apps. I appreciate a good choice of them, and I regularly use for example the American Airlines app. Will something like that ever run smoothly on a square screen, loaded from an Amazon app store? I don't know. And I don't want to deal with unexpected errors in the middle of a booking process. This is by far not the only questionable app... I have the same concern for several others.

So, in the end it will come down to the importance of apps. Better stay with BlackBerry and get that nice white Passport? Or play it safe and get an Android device again, making compatibility concerns obsolete?

Any thoughts?
    Hey, the American Airlines mobile site via the browser works perfectly. No app needed - booking process is streamlined and available.

Posted via my beautiful Q10
    p51 likes this.
    07-24-14 12:17 AM
    32gb internal plus the 64gb external 8-0

Be proud - BlackBerry by Choice
    07-24-14 12:19 AM
    My spelling has also become so poor it's embarrassing. As a mid twenties dude its surprisingly how angry I am for not spelling correctly. I'm lazy and Google words to spell them right? That's pathetic.

Sometimes idiocracy is too scary.

I can't wait to return to the qwerty phone, with arms wide open and online spell checker shut down.

Posted via CB10
    vpblaze likes this.
    07-24-14 12:28 AM
    If you want media and entertainment (movies and games especially) that's where the Note 3 will shine. If you want communication, get the Passport. If you want both, Passport plus a tablet of some sort.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 09:56 AM
    I appreciate all the responses that I've gotten. I don't think I can wait for a BlackBerry device any longer. I may be buying an unlocked Q10 this week after I sell my Note 3.
    AZN likes this.
    08-04-14 09:33 PM
    Exactly

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 09:37 PM
    i appreciate all the responses that i've gotten. I don't think i can wait for a blackberry device any longer. I may be buying an unlocked q10 this week after i sell my note 3.
    #bb4life

cb10 z30sta100-5/10.3.0.296
    08-05-14 12:14 AM
    I appreciate all the responses that I've gotten. I don't think I can wait for a BlackBerry device any longer. I may be buying an unlocked Q10 this week after I sell my Note 3.
    Honestly, good luck. I can't imagine going from a note sized screen to the Q10. It's so small. I still have it in addition to my Z30 but can't use it for too long before wanting the bigger real estate.

White Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 = heaven.
    DINGSTER1 likes this.
    08-05-14 07:55 AM
    I too made the mistake to purchase and "try" the Note 3, but after a month it was clearly a step back for me.... I gave it away to a client of mine, and went back to my Z10.... amongst other things, emails on android didn't seem reliable at all for me, but there were other factors too....

seven BlackBerrys and counting...
    08-05-14 08:15 AM