Hello everyone;

I am passport owner just for five days. Yesterday ı reallized bottom right corner and top right corner of my screen is higher then left side of my phone(hard to realize). Then i see all screen lifting,splitting etc. topics on CB forums and so my concerns has increased. My questions is: " are these differences tolerable?" or if i buy a new one, may i experience similar things like this? maybe these left and right side differences are in production and quality tolerances.

what do you think?

Not sure if my Passport screen lifted or not-img_20150224_210555.jpgNot sure if my Passport screen lifted or not-img_20150224_210730.jpgNot sure if my Passport screen lifted or not-img_20150224_210752.jpg
    4everForever likes this.
    02-24-15 01:20 PM
    I can't see what you're talking about lol.

It could just be fear

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport - 10.3.1.2243
    02-24-15 02:29 PM
    I need more comments like this
    miker476 likes this.
    02-24-15 02:37 PM
    I only see the phone lifted.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 and Denvertorch like this.
    02-24-15 02:39 PM
    I only see the phone lifted.

Posted via CB10
    Brilliant haha
    02-24-15 02:44 PM
    ahahaha, that's enough guys
    02-24-15 03:17 PM
    I used to do that check my phone for screen lifting issue whenever I read a topic like this then I realized my screen is not lifted, it's the phone lol

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    BRS64 and currentodysseys like this.
    02-24-15 03:24 PM
    Dude, sorry but we can't see it really. Maybe there really is some mini lift that only you can see since you have the device with you.

Anyway, it still is a possibility if you will not be careful with the phone. Get a hard shell case that covers the mid frame, and not only the corners. And don't put it in you pants pocket.

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2267 (from10.3.0.1418)
    BRS64 likes this.
    02-24-15 05:09 PM
    At least my screen lifted i have no place to send it for repairing. I bought it from gray market. I am afraid to disassamble it myself to change double sıded tapes. So i will apply some glue at the lifting side.

Here is my question. What kind of glue or adhessive should i use? I find lots of loctites. But which type should i use? Any glue can harm screen or can fog up on screen.

I need professional advices.

BOLD 9900>Z10>PASSPORT
    03-28-15 09:04 AM
    That doesn't look lifted. I had the lifting issue and that doesn't look like it.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 09:28 AM
    That doesn't look lifted. I had the lifting issue and that doesn't look like it.

Posted via CB10
    Photo is old. Now is totaly seperated.

BOLD 9900>Z10>PASSPORT
    03-28-15 09:32 AM
    My right side is higher than the left. Not sure if it's going to separate. Hopefully it wont

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    03-28-15 01:37 PM
    I am sorry you got this man! I am not sure what kind of glue you can use as you would have to know the material of the screen surface. There are some two substance polymer glues though that are not corrosive and you should check for one that can stand expansion/shrinking as per temperature.

My best guess would be, go to a pc repair shop and ask them. On the other side - I know it sounds silly- but be careful of the quantities AND point of placement. the space you will have available for the glue once you press the screen to the body to glue it, will be extremely confined and overflow or misplacement of glue could be a mess. also, make sure you apply pressure from inside (centre of screen) towards the outside of the bezel, so as to have any excess glue run out the side.

Hope you sort this out man!
    best of luck and keep the spirits up!!

(Posted via CB10 on my beloved Passport) Common logic was introduced in order to balance the absurdity of common perception, then we invented marketing and messed it all up again
    balcanic and BRS64 like this.
    03-28-15 02:40 PM
    I am sorry you got this man! I am not sure what kind of glue you can use as you would have to know the material of the screen surface. There are some two substance polymer glues though that are not corrosive and you should check for one that can stand expansion/shrinking as per temperature.

My best guess would be, go to a pc repair shop and ask them. On the other side - I know it sounds silly- but be careful of the quantities AND point of placement. the space you will have available for the glue once you press the screen to the body to glue it, will be extremely confined and overflow or misplacement of glue could be a mess. also, make sure you apply pressure from inside (centre of screen) towards the outside of the bezel, so as to have any excess glue run out the side.

Hope you sort this out man!
    best of luck and keep the spirits up!!

(Posted via CB10 on my beloved Passport) Common logic was introduced in order to balance the absurdity of common perception, then we invented marketing and messed it all up again
    I spoke phone service(any service in Turkey) about my problem. The guy said they use pattex gel for for one sided lifts. I my phone will be fixed there.

I am still receptive about my problem.
    03-28-15 04:12 PM
    My right side is higher than the left. Not sure if it's going to separate. Hopefully it wont

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576

I hope it won't.
    03-28-15 04:13 PM
    Looks good to be broheemziac. Juss chillz

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 08:54 PM
    The right side appearing 'higher' like that when looking at that angle is actually common. I bet it will never get worse, try not to worry too much. It's an expensive device so it's understandable if it concerns you, but honestly I don't think you've got anything to worry about.

There was another guy who posted similar concerns, what he said he did was use clothes pins on that top right corner to compress it down, allowed the device to run warm for a couple hours (top right corner gets warm), then allowed it to cool and said the adhesive 'set'. He claimed it worked, but I don't know for sure.

Again, try not to worry about it, just use the device and I bet you'll eventually forget about it because it likely won't worsen.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 09:00 PM
    I have a ridiculous eye for detail and I have had to learn to accept slight flaws as normal because they are. I used to completely obsess over all my stuff and the littlest flaws would drive me insane. I admit I've had to totally work on that and I'm better now, so I completely understand when people are bothered by things like this. Honestly though, not worth the stress at all.

Posted via CB10
    BRS64 likes this.
    03-28-15 09:06 PM
    Also, some dudes on the forum here whose screens have significantly 'lifted' posted photos and it was completely obvious - there was light shining brightly through the gap.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 09:12 PM
    I like to fix my electronics myself. One time, long long ago I decided to glue down the lifted corner of the screen on my curve. Never ever have I made such a mess.

I don't recommend DIY glue under any circumstances.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 09:41 PM
    I have the same problem recently and just brought my Passport yesterday for repair. They (Axiom), are authorised dealer and repair centre for BlackBerry products. It took only 10 to 15 minutes to fix the problem i.e. screen lifting up. I was asking this technician of what type or brand of sticky material they are using and he said that it is available on the market and use only for that purposeful.

Posted via CB10
    BRS64 likes this.
    03-29-15 01:59 AM
    I have a ridiculous eye for detail and I have had to learn to accept slight flaws as normal because they are. I used to completely obsess over all my stuff and the littlest flaws would drive me insane. I admit I've had to totally work on that and I'm better now, so I completely understand when people are bothered by things like this. Honestly though, not worth the stress at all.

Posted via CB10
    I find the problem. Phone is warped! I don't know how it was possible because i take care of my passport better then myself

As you say i have to learn live with these flaws.

But i took a lesson from these situation. I am done with big phones until all producers care about product durability as much as design. Also my girl friend's iphone 6 plus is bended and now mine is warped. For information all these phones is sold for about 1000$ in Turkey!

Anyway, now i am going out and try to find non-used Q10

BOLD 9900>Z10>PASSPORT
    Marlon650 likes this.
    03-29-15 05:19 AM
    Can you learn what it is?

I have the same problem recently and just brought my Passport yesterday for repair. They (Axiom), are authorised dealer and repair centre for BlackBerry products. It took only 10 to 15 minutes to fix the problem i.e. screen lifting up. I was asking this technician of what type or brand of sticky material they are using and he said that it is available on the market and use only for that purposeful.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 12:16 PM
    OP yes the right bottom is slightly lifted. Even I am having the same issues, my Passport. The difference is visible if you look the left side edge where it's in line with the frame. So when you compare left and right bottom edges then the right bottom edge looks lifted

Hope it won't come up completely

Sent from Passport
    BRS64 likes this.
    03-30-15 12:43 PM
    Can you learn what it is?
    Try having a look at this and see if you can get your hands on some maybe (?) :

Amazon.com: YUYIKES? 2mm 3M Adhesive Sticker Tape LCD Screen/ Digitizer Sticker For HTC 4G Evo Supersonic, Incredible, HD2 T8585, Desire, Hero, Legend, Diamond 2: Cell Phones & Accessories

Check on the net about application and feedback on the adhesive itself, have a pass by ifixit.com and also (although I think you should be ok) check the thickness, as this one is supposed to be 2mm thick and I really do not know if this is standard size. You can also check on the 3M specs page. My guess is that any phone repair shop should have one and maybe they can give or even sell a few cm to you.

If you are willing to open up your phone that is of course.

Good luck man and let us know how it goes!

PS: Amazon, aliexpress etc should have it, but really ask around, any tech shop should be able to spare some .
    BRS64 likes this.
    03-30-15 03:51 PM
43 12