My screen was fractionally higher on the right top a few months ago when I bought it - solution, attach very tight clothes pegs to each corner of the screen and then run apps, updates, anything to make the phone hot.

When the battery is nearly flat, keep the apps running and charge the phone to generate more heat.

When it's charged, unplug the charger and stop all the apps to let the phone cool whilst leaving the pegs on untill it is completely cold.

Do this a few times and it seems to cure the adhesive.

Mine is fine now, I use a trickle charger at night to avoid heat, every month Ibstock on the pegs and use my PlayBook charger, then let it cool.

Hope this helps.

Chris.

Posted via CB10
    BRS64 likes this.
    03-30-15 05:09 PM
    A friend of mine is also having the same problem i.e. lifted screen. He said, he used this so-called 'Mighty Bond' to glue back the screen. And he said that it is working perfectly! He show me his Passport and no sign of 'lifted screen' including the trace of 'Mighty Bond'. The secret he said is the way you have to apply the glue - very meticulous and thin as much as possible (thinner than spider web)...

Does anyone try this too?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 01:33 AM
    My screen was fractionally higher on the right top a few months ago when I bought it - solution, attach very tight clothes pegs to each corner of the screen and then run apps, updates, anything to make the phone hot.

When the battery is nearly flat, keep the apps running and charge the phone to generate more heat.

When it's charged, unplug the charger and stop all the apps to let the phone cool whilst leaving the pegs on untill it is completely cold.

Do this a few times and it seems to cure the adhesive.

Mine is fine now, I use a trickle charger at night to avoid heat, every month Ibstock on the pegs and use my PlayBook charger, then let it cool.

Hope this helps.

Chris.

Posted via CB10
    Did you notice any "side-effects" on your battery or phone performance doing this? I am not very confident that these "extreme" heating/cooling cycles would not affect the phone and most importantly the battery. Nice tip though, interesting.
    BRS64 likes this.
    03-31-15 05:40 AM
    Thank you very much for your detailed answer!

Try having a look at this and see if you can get your hands on some maybe (?) :

Amazon.com: YUYIKES? 2mm 3M Adhesive Sticker Tape LCD Screen/ Digitizer Sticker For HTC 4G Evo Supersonic, Incredible, HD2 T8585, Desire, Hero, Legend, Diamond 2: Cell Phones & Accessories

Check on the net about application and feedback on the adhesive itself, have a pass by ifixit.com and also (although I think you should be ok) check the thickness, as this one is supposed to be 2mm thick and I really do not know if this is standard size. You can also check on the 3M specs page. My guess is that any phone repair shop should have one and maybe they can give or even sell a few cm to you.

If you are willing to open up your phone that is of course.

Good luck man and let us know how it goes!

PS: Amazon, aliexpress etc should have it, but really ask around, any tech shop should be able to spare some .
    03-31-15 12:15 PM
    A friend of mine is also having the same problem i.e. lifted screen. He said, he used this so-called 'Mighty Bond' to glue back the screen. And he said that it is working perfectly! He show me his Passport and no sign of 'lifted screen' including the trace of 'Mighty Bond'. The secret he said is the way you have to apply the glue - very meticulous and thin as much as possible (thinner than spider web)...

Does anyone try this too?

Posted via CB10
    Phone service in Turkey said that they use patex gel for this kind of little lifts for no to disassemble whole phone.
    03-31-15 12:23 PM
    Agreed, be carefull with your phone as it's not a vintage Nokia 3210......... you can't bash it around, not to say you are. Also be careful when your putting it in your pocket

Posted via BBPP
    03-31-15 05:50 PM
    Wooooow even though I don't have this screen lifting issue, that solution sounds great and by far the best one so far dude.

Posted via BBPP
    03-31-15 05:56 PM
    Did you notice any "side-effects" on your battery or phone performance doing this? I am not very confident that these "extreme" heating/cooling cycles would not affect the phone and most importantly the battery. Nice tip though, interesting.
    Nope, no issues. The phone by design should be able to withstand any heat it generates and the PlayBook charger is officially compatible with every BlackBerry made after its release.

The phone does not get red hot, just warm.

If you use this method you are not infringing your warranty either, as you would if you tried to glue it yourself.

Cheers,

Chris.

Posted via CB10
    currentodysseys likes this.
    04-01-15 11:33 AM
    Just found I have the same issue after months of use.

I started noticing this when typing. Felt like the screen was pinching my palm when I typed.

I then noticed the thin line of light between the digitizer and the bezel. If I press down on the corner the issue goes away but doesn't hold for very long.

I can only assume that it's from my passport overheating at times.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 04:58 PM
    Not sure if my Passport screen lifted or not-img-20150401-00015.jpg
    Not sure if my Passport screen lifted or not-img-20150401-00016.jpg

After I push it back

Not sure if my Passport screen lifted or not-img-20150401-00017.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 05:08 PM
    The 'Mighty Bond' really works! I have another friend which is also a Passport owner since November 2014. And without taking extra care when putting his Passport to his pocket, its screen lifted. And I told him to try the 'Mighty Bond' stuff. It's been 3 days now (since he applied it) when I asked him about his Passports' screen problem and he said that it is perfectly fitted again.

I asked him of how he applied it and he said that he didn't lift the whole screen. He just only apply a little amount of Mighty Bond to where the gap is visible using a toothpick. Yes a 'toothpick'. Since it is wood, it shouldn't scratch anything and you just only needed to sharpen the tip of the toothpick to make it smaller and can go through the gap with the small amount of bond on tip of it. Press the screen using a cloth, clamp it with a pin used when you are hanging your clothes to dry. Let the bond cure for 5 to 10 minutes. And that's it...

Posted via CB10
    ezapper2 and BRS64 like this.
    04-02-15 12:45 AM
    I would try it if ever my Passports' screen lifted again...

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 12:47 AM
    I would try it if ever my Passports' screen lifted again...

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like a great idea!

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 08:13 AM
    Not sure if my Passport screen lifted or not-img-20150310-00024.jpg
    My Passport was also lifted from both the sides on top..

I took it to BlackBerry service centre and they fixed it.. its gone now..

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 08:35 AM
    Not sure if my Passport screen lifted or not-img_20150330_112256.jpg

I'm part of the club now.
    It's been shipped to BB under warranty.
    04-02-15 01:52 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20150310-00024.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	345163
    My Passport was also lifted from both the sides on top..

I took it to BlackBerry service centre and they fixed it.. its gone now..

Posted via CB10
    you are lucky because you have blackberry service near you
    04-02-15 01:55 PM
    The 'Mighty Bond' really works! I have another friend which is also a Passport owner since November 2014. And without taking extra care when putting his Passport to his pocket, its screen lifted. And I told him to try the 'Mighty Bond' stuff. It's been 3 days now (since he applied it) when I asked him about his Passports' screen problem and he said that it is perfectly fitted again.

I asked him of how he applied it and he said that he didn't lift the whole screen. He just only apply a little amount of Mighty Bond to where the gap is visible using a toothpick. Yes a 'toothpick'. Since it is wood, it shouldn't scratch anything and you just only needed to sharpen the tip of the toothpick to make it smaller and can go through the gap with the small amount of bond on tip of it. Press the screen using a cloth, clamp it with a pin used when you are hanging your clothes to dry. Let the bond cure for 5 to 10 minutes. And that's it...

Posted via CB10
    I checked mighty bond website, there are lots of types. Which type was applied?
    04-02-15 01:58 PM
    Mine too..so sad. Mine is at bottom right corner. Thinking of sending back, will take 14 working days to get it done! Sigh.. just 2 weeks into using this beauty.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 09:20 AM
43 12