Sup forum!!!!

Just got a PP Silver Edition and it's...awesome. So much BB10...mammoth.

Help me with this - the left side keys (q,a,z) and the right side (p, backspace, return) *wiggle, just a bit. They do not double type. But the 'inside keys' are all consistent and do not do this. Just those outside keys. It's as if you can nudge them, just barely, one direction or another...when i'm typing and use 'p' especially, I miss sometimes if it's not quite set straight.

So the 64K question...is this normal for SE? I would hate to return it and give BB a loss to write off.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-16 09:46 PM
    I would hate to return it and give BB a loss to write off.
    This is YOUR phone, man. BlackBerry has all your money while you let yourself use a defective device? Smh.
    BigBadWulf and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    07-03-16 12:23 AM
    You can exchange it, advanced exchange or same unit repair if you got it from Shop BlackBerry or Amazon.

It's not normal, so I'd do the advanced exchange where they send you a new one and you send the weird one back (they place the cost of the phone on hold on your credit card but release it once they receive your defective unit).

Takes like a week tops, especially quick if you're within 30 days of buying it.

Posted via CB10
    BeautyEh likes this.
    07-03-16 02:10 AM
    This is YOUR phone, man. BlackBerry has all your money while you let yourself use a defective device? Smh.
    That's how committed I am to them, haha.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 06:54 AM
    Thanks for the info. The keys on yours are pretty consistent/hold in place without moving around?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 06:56 AM
    That's how committed I am to them, haha.
    "Admirable.. But mistaken."
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-03-16 07:25 AM
    Six keys wobbling are too many for a brand new phone, even if just a bit.

Mine are all steady. Sometimes I can hear the w key creaking but it's not a big deal.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 08:14 AM
    I've had 5 different Passports, each had a little movement from left to right.
    Kind of like a loose tooth.
    For the design, I would say it was normal movement for the design.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 08:56 AM
    I've had 5 different Passports, each had a little movement from left to right.
    Kind of like a loose tooth.
    For the design, I would say it was normal movement for the design.

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly it. Like a loose tooth. But with yours, did you notice it was really only the left and right-most keys (vertically)? Also when I type the 'P' I can slightly feel the frame move, like it's a little separated from the bulk/base of the device itself.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 05:24 AM
    That's exactly it. Like a loose tooth. But with yours, did you notice it was really only the left and right-most keys (vertically)? Also when I type the 'P' I can slightly feel the frame move, like it's a little separated from the bulk/base of the device itself.

Posted via CB10
    Actually on mine the P key is one of the less movable ones.

If you have warranty, but there is a good possibility that the keys will just be the same once returned to you.

The Passport keyboard looks like it's partially built like a calculator keyboard. So there will be a little rocking and slight shifting of the keys.

Look at the end of this clip....

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 08:30 PM
    I am regretfully sending it back for repair but you might be right it's just par for the course, no big deal if so. But interesting that the 'P' doesn't move on yours, that tells me maybe mine is just a little off. Thanks for the video share.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 12:49 AM
    So I just got my passport SE I had an OG black before (still do). I was so happy the screen fit was perfect and everything looked great until I noticed after bootup all kinds of light bleed and loose keys. I've seen this before when I bought my OG and it's absolutely not right. Not only does my SE have loose keys (OG has hardly any movement) the keyboard backlight is clearly not right and the keyboard is overly loud - too clickly.

I know because when I was debating between an OG and an SE last December - I went through 2 OG (returning them) until I got a perfect one. My SE had a perfect keyboard but the screen fit was slightly off (gap along one side) and I could tell it was not 100% square.

So anyway it's too bad. My manufacture date on this SE is March 2016. You'd think things would be better.

They're back in Stock and just ordered a new one this morning. Then I'll return this one.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-16 07:43 AM