I've started looking into my upgrade, which is next month. Have finally decided on the passport but have found that the phone companies do not stock the passport. I can get it via Carphone Warehouse etc but not direct.

EE have it for business customers and even though I run my own business, their tariffs are a lot higher than for a consumer.

Also, I've contacted EE to see if they will still do the OS upgrades if they aren't stocking them.

Why is it so difficult being a BlackBerry supporter?!

Helen

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 07:46 AM
    I'm not sure why it's so difficult, I couldn't get my passport thru O2 but could get a Classic! Go figure, so I had to go thru Carphone Warehouse. But love my Passport, so don't mind!

Posted via my White Passport!
    06-30-15 07:54 AM
    06-30-15 07:55 AM
    Have just had a reply regarding the OS updates and they won't be issuing them. Assume there is a way to get any updates?

I haven't bought a phone straight from EE for years, so not too bothered, just disappointed they are not stocking them.

Helen

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 07:57 AM
    Have just had a reply regarding the OS updates and they won't be issuing them. Assume there is a way to get any updates?

I haven't bought a phone straight from EE for years, so not too bothered, just disappointed they are not stocking them.

Helen

Posted via CB10
    I know you're going to reply that "it's too techy for me" or "I only want official carrier updates" but really a quick search on CB here will walk you or someone you know and trust thru all the steps to get the latest and greatest OS Version. It really is a very simple procedure. Anyone who can read can do this.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 08:12 AM
    Thanks. I definitely can read :-).

Helen

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 08:31 AM
    If you have a friend in Dubai/UAE in general, ask him to get it for you it's below 320 GBP
    06-30-15 08:38 AM
    Hi, there are many of us on EE int he UK who have successfully upgraded our handsets to Passport via carphoneWarehouse or mobilephoesdirect.com - both of whom offer an extremely easy and very quick service.
    06-30-15 09:09 AM
    Thanks. I don't really want to buy one outright. I worked out costs of it and I don't save all that much by getting one within a plan.

I will try those. Have used CPW before but not the other one. Looks to be some good deals on there.

Helen

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 09:59 AM
    I'm in the same boat, really annoying

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 10:07 AM
    I've started looking into my upgrade, which is next month. Have finally decided on the passport but have found that the phone companies do not stock the passport. I can get it via Carphone Warehouse etc but not direct.

EE have it for business customers and even though I run my own business, their tariffs are a lot higher than for a consumer.

Also, I've contacted EE to see if they will still do the OS upgrades if they aren't stocking them.

Why is it so difficult being a BlackBerry supporter?!

Helen

Posted via CB10
    I got mine last year from Vodafone in the UK. I've just checked and they're still offering Pay Monthly plans with a Passport
    06-30-15 10:57 AM
    I couldn't see them when I looked. I'll have a look but will I be able to wait until the end of September when my contract finishes...

Helen

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 11:43 AM
    I got mine through Mobilephonesdirect on Vodafone. Have a look here;

Best Blackberry Passport Red Pay Monthly Contract & SIM Free Deals | Mobile Phones Direct
    06-30-15 12:09 PM
    That is a very good price! Might be worth waiting until September.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 04:06 PM
    Hi
    I'm on EE using a passport and they do push software updates..

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 09:54 PM
    Just buy one for cash and take SIM only deal. It works for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 02:37 AM
    I hunted around to see if I could get a Passport on a contract at a good deal with a good amount of data. I gave up.
    I bought mine from Carphonewarehouse and ordered it to collect from store.
    I already have a Three all you can eat data SIM that costs �13 a month and no-one can match that.
    When I collected it I took it out of the box to make sure it all powered up and worked and nothing was scratched or lifting and no pixels were duff. Also have to have 14 days to take it back and drop it on their counter if it went wrong.

It's nice not to have to worry about the amount of data I will be burning through.
    07-01-15 04:05 AM
    Try Amazon they do contracts with O2 and have the Passport in stock, it's free with all tariffs. That's where I got mine and had no trouble porting my number either
    07-01-15 04:18 AM
    Amazon with o2. Got mine last year, it's still the best ever phone

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 04:03 PM
    If you can afford to buy the Passport from Carphone Warehouse and get a SIM only plan from Vodafone,EE etc over a 24 month period you will save a few pounds. Even if you want to sell your phone and buy another, the freedom will be worth the trouble.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 05:18 PM