Use to use soundhound all the time on my z30. Tried to use it on my att passport and aside from the fact that the ui is distorted, the app still supposedly functions. Problem is that it doesn't identify even hugely popular songs. Tried loading soundhound and music id from the playstore and they all also come up with no matches. It's like they can't access the microphone, but music id shows a response wave that alters with the music, so that can't be the issue. Shazam from playstore just shuts down and won't work.

Anyone have any idea why all apps wouldn't be able to identify music?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 09:24 AM
    i uninstalled SoundHound then reinstalled it and worked the second time.
    12-27-15 09:33 AM
    I've Uninstaller and installed countless times. Nada for me.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 09:59 AM
    I tried Shazam, and actually had a fair amount of success with it, but I eventually loaded Sony's TrackId app and that works a treat. Not quite as good as Shazam when it comes to identifying mixes, but it seems to run fine on my Passport and doesn't fall over at all. Maybe try it out and see if it meets your needs...?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 11:42 AM
    Tried it and it says no match found very quickly. Top 10 songs to. Something else is wrong but I just wouldn't know where to start with rectifying it. No music id app works (cannot find a match). For some reason. I think it's some part of recognition in the os, because the diagnostics shows the mic works.

Any other ideas?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 06:03 PM
    Also, blackberry assistant works for me so the mic and speech recognition works.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 06:15 PM
    No I'm sorry, I don't have any other suggestions for you to try; sounds very much like the hassles I had with Soundhound and with Shazam in general. Though, as I said, one version (5.1200 I think) worked fairly okay on my Passport. TrackId doesn't seem to have any of those issues and works just fine, for me at least...

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 11:09 PM