I gave up on my Passport and switched to bar code. It worked solid on my Z10

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 05:59 PM
    The NFC seems somewhat weak on the PP. Compared to most every other device i've owned (except for the Z10, i don't remember how that was anymore) I can barely get it to work even through a thin case.
    10-08-15 05:29 PM
    Just got my Passport the other day, switched from Z10. As I sit here in Timmy's, you can probably tell I came to this thread by having no luck with my Passport's NFC. Made the beeping sounds, said updating balance, then their terminal eventually timed out. Tried multiple times, beeped every time, then finally my app said it disabled the Tap to Pay for security purposes, and to present the barcode to the clerk.
    Garbage
    01-16-16 02:53 PM
    it worked every time on my Z30, but very hit and miss on my passport.

Posted via CB10
    A question for those of you who had Tap to Pay working fine on their previous devices; did you use the device switch with BB Link, so when the Passport is 'restored' the Timmy Me app is already there?
    I'm wondering if there are some NFC device-specific profile settings in the app which don't translate over from the switch from the previous device? Like I said before it worked all the time with my Z10, now I've tried with my Passport at two different TH and no dice at either one. Both times they connect and the terminal beeps, but then times out.

I am going to try to delete the app and reinstall to see if that resolves anything.
    01-24-16 12:55 PM
29 12