Remember stories like this. IOS and Android...hacking, malware, jailbreaking, data theft. This was from a story I found on CNN while reading through today.

To my knowledge (I may be wrong), I haven't heard of any major BlackBerry-related mass hacks, data theft or malware infections. I am fairly certain however that both Android and IOS have at least one major security incident per year.

I don't know about you, but I for one am content that BB10 doesn't have so many noted security issues.

So all those who, just based on rumor and speciation, want to worship at the altars of Android may want to put the brakes on their exuberance and give issues like this a second thought.
    The next time people want to gripe about how much BlackBerry sucks...-img_20150901_153506.png

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    09-01-15 02:51 PM
    Yeah, partially because the userbase is much, much smaller, and partially because they bury security holes from time to time and don't do anything to remedy them for months (or longer)...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...curity-984932/
    09-01-15 03:01 PM
    These were all jailbroken iOS devices though

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 03:17 PM
    another one of these threads huh?

Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    09-01-15 03:20 PM
    Yeah, partially because the userbase is much, much smaller, and partially because they bury security holes from time to time and don't do anything to remedy them for months (or longer)...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...curity-984932/
    Check back to when the user base was at the peak in 2006 and 2007 and you will still not find any. They have never been hacked like the others.
    dslocumb, lift, kbrant64 and 4 others like this.
    09-01-15 03:20 PM
    LOL, too bad for them.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    09-01-15 03:21 PM
    Well every version of ios has been jailbroken through flaws. Not sure why some here seem to defend that.

Posted via CB10
    acovey and Mozdony like this.
    09-01-15 03:24 PM
    Stay quiet until they're finished.
    09-01-15 03:34 PM
    Could it be that it's not profitable to even hack BlackBerry since it has such low marketshare?

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 03:38 PM
    Check back to when the user base was at the peak in 2006 and 2007 and you will still not find any. They have never been hacked like the others.
    That's about the same logic as saying no automobiles were hacked in 2007. The rotary dial phone was really secure as well.

There were no Iphone or Android phone hacks in 2006 and 2007 either. Want to take a guess why?
    09-01-15 03:41 PM
    Who doesnt jail break an iphone? Grandmaw?
    09-01-15 04:21 PM
    Nah... can't be true.... do not remember how many times I have heard there is no down side to rooting you device.....
    09-01-15 04:41 PM

Yeah, wiseguy, it is. I had to decide between starting another silly "Is the Passport going to be able to run Android" thread or post this one. I decided on this one.

Enjoy.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    lift, BBRYQ10, j21jam6 and 17 others like this.
    09-01-15 04:54 PM
    Every time I suck on a blackberry, my teeth turn, well you know, black.

Posted via CB10
    Irish Blues likes this.
    09-01-15 05:05 PM
    That's about the same logic as saying no automobiles were hacked in 2007. The rotary dial phone was really secure as well.

There were no Iphone or Android phone hacks in 2006 and 2007 either. Want to take a guess why?
    well, there's a difference between hacking major/minor group vs hacking non-existing group, huh?
    Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    09-01-15 05:10 PM
    well, there's a difference between hacking major/minor group vs hacking non-existing group, huh?
    Yep just like today.

Also the nefarious apps and malware didn't exist in BBRYs prime. It was an email device. Nobody was trying to hack them then and they certainly aren't trying now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    09-01-15 05:18 PM
    Not true......i'm pretty sure rotary pay phones were phreaked http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_b...eaking).....ok ok.....not really the point but funny anyways !

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    09-01-15 05:23 PM

I know right? lol.

Stay quiet until they're finished.
    These turn of events with Android OS+BlackBerry leaks and all the threads and speculation ... I'm just far too drained to care any longer. I just want my GT350.

PS: Android in M is going to offer the end user ability to accept an app for install without being prompted about permissions BUT when that app is launched and tries to access anything it'll prompt the user to accept for now, accept permanently (and still you have the option to CHANGE settings for EACH and EVERY permission).

So again a CIO will say ... Oh Blackberry you now offer an Android device too, whats the added value?
    BB: IT's the BEST security money can buy for Android.
    CIO: But you already offer same level of security via BES for iOS/Android anyway, so why should I buy YOUR devices?
    BB: Well it has a physical keyboard?
    CIO: And what will you do when your competitors begin to RETRY their hand at doing so? Even paying royalty for the patent use of the keyboard YOU make BlackBerry?
    BB: throw the towel in and just use BES12+ client software.
    CIO: lol I see. Well we'll talk.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-01-15 06:29 PM
    Yep just like today.

Also the nefarious apps and malware didn't exist in BBRYs prime. It was an email device. Nobody was trying to hack them then and they certainly aren't trying now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    No. It was email smartphone with most valuable financial and operational information for which competitors would pay millions!

IPhones and androids were almost 0 in business up to 2010, 2011 or so.
    They were non existing in 2006.

2006-2010 BlackBerry was in palms of majority of top-to-mid(hell. Even bottom) managers.

And still, BlackBerry carries humongous amount of secret, vital and highly valued information.

If you want to say that this isn't interesting to hackers, then, sir, with all due respect, you are delusional

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    09-01-15 06:36 PM
    Ever heard of Steve Jobs and the Blue Box ?

He hacked the phone system before there were mobile phones

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 06:43 PM
    Could it be that it's not profitable to even hack BlackBerry since it has such low marketshare?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah nobody has any incentive to hack into the communications structures of DOD, intelligence agencies, state department, etc. Phhht...why bother?

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 07:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    Probably yes!

Z30 / STA100-2 /10.3.2.2339
    09-01-15 08:52 PM
    Yeah nobody has any incentive to hack into the communications structures of DOD, intelligence agencies, state department, etc. Phhht...why bother?
    Yes, but through mobile devices? I would think there are more fruitful entry points.
    Last edited by Tre Lawrence; 09-01-15 at 09:29 PM.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-01-15 09:11 PM
    Meh. BlackBerry's ok with me. BB10's the major suckfest.

Posted from an ME173X
    09-01-15 09:12 PM
    Nah... can't be true.... do not remember how many times I have heard there is no down side to rooting you device.....
    how many times in the last WEEK man? forgot who in particular but one guy was really adamant that there's no downside. where is he?
    lift likes this.
    09-01-15 09:16 PM
78 123 ...