Why not make it the ultimate tool by adding a hidden pen like the Samsung note? The dimensions are perfect for writing small notes or solving math equations. I wish they had included this piece of hardware.
    10-22-14 09:58 AM
    That is a great idea....especially since it is considered by some to be phablet sized.
    10-22-14 10:00 AM
    Might be useful for many indeed. I never used one so far but I think I could get used to it at least in performing some particular tasks. Would disagree though if this means a bigger or bulkier device , I can live without a pen then .

Posted via my square wonder thingie
    10-22-14 10:08 AM
    I think a pen is an excellent idea. The pen should be optional and purchased separately.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    10-22-14 10:10 AM
    I was thinking it would be tucked away in a hidden compartment, like it is on the Samsung Note. The currently size of this phone isperfect for a pen.
    10-22-14 10:39 AM
    If I gave the Passport a smart pen or stylus, I'd make it all touchscreen. It just easier to utilize one on a larger screen. That's why the Galaxy Note is nearly 6". However, as BB10 is right now, it's not optimized for any type of stylus use. It would need heavy changes to the OS to accommodate a smart pen or stylus. I don't think it would even come to fruition, but it would be a nice offering from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 on VZW BlackBerry Z30
    10-22-14 11:18 AM
    I would think it is a great idea, considering BB device is meant for business use. I cannot do without my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 because of the need to sign documents on the go and I prefer to use a stylus to take notes.

Let's see what BB has to offer on the "new concept tablet".
    10-22-14 11:37 AM
    I disagree. Using a stylus on a 7in tablet is barely enough space to get things done imo. It's a dream on my 12 in. surface pro 3 though. What BlackBerry needs to do is make the touch sensitive keyboard a mouse. That would trump everything else.
    Warlack likes this.
    10-22-14 11:42 AM
    I, too agree that the keyboard should have a mouse feature.

Having a stylus would be a great addition and I see quite nice use cases for that.

I certainly wouldn't mind having both options.

The OS could stay the way it is, as there would just be the need to accommodate additional features. Maybe 10.4 will have those?

For me there is just the Samsung Note series and BlackBerry series of tablets and pocket devices that I can consider as a choice....

Everything else is just more of the same old, lacking functions

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.632 and Passport with the same version
    10-22-14 12:02 PM
    And all touch Passport with a stylus would be a great device. Not sure on the current model though.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    10-22-14 03:21 PM
    I disagree. Using a stylus on a 7in tablet is barely enough space to get things done imo. It's a dream on my 12 in. surface pro 3 though. What BlackBerry needs to do is make the touch sensitive keyboard a mouse. That would trump everything else.
    This.

After getting the PP, I was bummed that the touch keyboard didn't do more. I watched the classic video and thought "why the hell doesn't my PP do that?!"

Honestly, make the keyboard into a mouse. Perfect in every way. Seriously, how awesome would it be if the keyboard could move an app selection box around, the same as the classic? Kind of a no-brainer I thought. Don't know why it isn't already done. The majority of the programming is already written into the OS on 10.3.1 on the classic...

Yes, I know it's not necessary. I know it's a touch screen, gesture-based OS. Then again, wifi isn't necessary, nor is a keyboard. But I want those things. And love them.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 04:01 PM
    I don't like the idea of adding a stylus to the default package. Not everyone uses it. Having an official accessory of stylus should suffice.

Posted via CB10
    Vuester likes this.
    10-22-14 04:44 PM
    Personally I don't really get the point of a stylus/pen on anything smaller than a full sized tablet. Just seems like a gimmick to me - are you really telling me you'd rather jot down notes on that small of a screen vs typing?
    Vuester likes this.
    10-22-14 04:46 PM
    http://www.freepatentsonline.com/8866769.pdf

This parent and a nice flip cover with the functionality would be awesome!

10-23-14 01:48 AM
    I like the stylus with my Surface Pro 3, also. But even there, I can't help wishing it would be put to more and better use. I've had a Note for a long time and so little used the pen that I often forgot it was there. It seems to be a largely unrealized and un-optimized capability. Even so, it might be nice to be able to mark up pdfs on the Passport, or to make OneNote hand-written notes.
    10-29-14 04:03 PM

This parent and a nice flip cover with the functionality would be awesome!

I like the stylus with my Surface Pro 3, also. But even there, I can't help wishing it would be put to more and better use. I've had a Note for a long time and so little used the pen that I often forgot it was there. It seems to be a largely unrealized and un-optimized capability. Even so, it might be nice to be able to mark up pdfs on the Passport, or to make OneNote hand-written notes.
    I use the pen on my note 3 very sparingly. Actually its missing right now and awaiting a new one to show up. Kids.... I hope BB does something like the Asus Padfone. That thing is my dream device if it was just a little bit more refined. I have no need for a Tablet and a Phone. Some people do, but I would much rather just have the large screen and additional battery that the Padfone provides. It can even work as a phone so you don't need to remove the phone to answer a call. Sliding the phone into the back activates the Tablet and changes the OS on the phone from phone to tablet mode. It's really slick and I wish there were more variations from other manufacturers.

The next Passport needs a pen-01_pad.png
    10-30-14 08:25 AM
    And all touch Passport with a stylus would be a great device. Not sure on the current model though.
    I agree. An ALL TOUCH PASSPORT with a PEN would be nice.

In the case of an All Touch PP, there would be plenty of screen realestate so it would not be an issue..... but BB needs to have a "handwriting" recognition app or just a handwriting app to be baked in.

Doesn't need all the functions and gimmicks in the Note series... but be able to use the core handwriting and mouse functions.

I'm currently using an Android app "Handrite" to jot down quick notes, etc when I have someone on speaker phone or when I need to enter something quickly when I don't have a pen and paper. Not the best to use your finger if you have a lot to write down. Maybe the next case I get I will use those cheap tablet pens and clip it onto the case.

In this tech age, I find that I need a good handwriting app more so than the traditional pen and paper.
    10-30-14 08:40 AM