This could be redundant. I exchanged my two day old Passport because the BB rear logo was dislodged exposing a sharp corner. I drove 161 miles to my nearest stocking AT&T store. I showed the sales person how to transfer data using the Device Switch app as no one knew how to transfer contacts and data between two Blackberry devices. Frankly there was a fleeting moment of iPhone 6 Plus temptation! Seriously. Most of the people close to me all embrace the bitten Apple. If it exists for cellular it exists for iPhone. And there's a genuine Apple Store fifteen minutes away to handle anything my Apple life may require. Not two and half hours away. The lack of support is evident every where. I got SO tired of reading or viewing the same old "professional" reviews about a niche phone with limited appeal to the business professional. Good but not up to the Big Boys. That Balckberry Passport just isn't a......... You fill in the blanks. EXACTLY! It's not like any other phone! So stop comparing it. Stop expecting or wishing the Passport to be something else. Like watching videos on a less than ideal screen that is about the same dimensions (in video mode) as an iPhone 5S in landscape? A LARGE phone. Wide sure, but again about the same height as an iPhone 5s. Missing apps. At 700,000 apps, browsing one minute per app you have one and third YEARS of shopping 24/7. Good luck with that. People ask why on earth did I go with a Blackberry PASSPORT. "It's the ONLY phone I researched that the vast majority of reviewers gave an 80% or less rating to while actual users rarely gave a less than 90% or BETTER rating". Yup it's a pain in the **** to operate as a newbie. entirely different. Hey it's wide. That's the point right? So I'll hate operating this delightful unique device that I already love. Eventually I'll learn to love the OS as well. The Passport is what it is. There is nothing like it. And it does what it does better than anything else out there because of that. Business pro or not. So enjoy the Passport for all those great features that set it apart instead of losing out on a great experience under the guise that it doesn't offer what everyone else does or what most users are use to. Okay I'm done. Then again........
    03-06-15 08:25 PM
    Glad you are happy? I think! lol
    lpthomasson likes this.
    03-07-15 04:06 PM
    Right on! Personally, I think the OS is not hard to navigate. In fact, I think it's even easier and more intuitive than the status quo... the problem is virtually everyone has or had an iPhone and longtime iOS users have been sold on the idea that Apple's OS "IS" the best, most advance and groundbreaking platform and users are used to it...so use to it in fact that iOS is embedded into their muscle memory...they don't know any better...and even if they did, their ignorance is bliss.

In my opinion, BlackBerry 10 is a far FAR superior OS platform. And the gestures and operation is even more intuitive than the rest.

iOS was/is successful by DEFAULT for the same reason legacy BlackBerry OS was successful at one point as well...simply because they were both first of its kind. In today's world of Apple, Android, Windows and BlackBerry OS's... Apple is by far the worst and most outdated OS... If BLACKBERRY were to disappeared tomorrow, I'd buy a Windows phone in a heartbeat before I would even consider iPhone or Android

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 04:35 PM
    Right on!!!!! Was fiddling with iphone 6 plus today....i didn't really like it. The only thing that amazed me was the availability of apps. However, apps is not my Thang. Can do every app related thing in my BB browser n even add it to the home screen for easy access..... not sold on the 6 plus either

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 07:19 PM
    Please don't misunderstand. I have all four operating systems. They are all quite good. Blackberry, in my opinion, is the most unique. Coupled with the Passport's unique design, while offering advanvantages, it's also unfamiliar. Honestly all I wanted to say is that there is an imbalance here. Users rave about the Passport. Which begs the question are the criitisms valid or simply a comparison to the majority's accepted norm? As a perspective buyer who do I listen to?
    03-07-15 07:24 PM
    I moved from the iPhone 6 plus to a passport (still own the plus) & I find the BlackBerry far better for work. Having said that, I do wish I could transfer my Boom Beach game over to the passport though.

I would also agree that the BlackBerry os is much better then ios. I find that ios is geared as an app delivery system to support the apple app store where as the BlackBerry os is designed to deliver.

Must say though, it is proving a bit tricky getting readjusted to a physical keyboard. Certainly do hope BlackBerry makes a touch passport in the future.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 07:35 PM
    I suppose they are simply for different audience.

I currently have all four OS(Android, iOS, WM8.1, and our beloved BB) phones running simultaneously (yes, I have four sim cards), and to each of its own, they are all great in their perspective area.

But iOS would win majority of the people due to its app numbers and ease of use (iTune just put everything together for you, so you just need to plug and copy. But then again, everything must go through iTune, which for some, is a big no-no)

Android in my point, has gotten a bit long a tooth now. Not much revolutionary in terms of OS, and has really become a big resource hog.

WM8.1 is stable, but simplicity of the interfaces and short of app really limited its potential. We will just have to see how WM10 will do. Cross-platform unification would be the key for WM.

BlackBerry, keep physical KB, give us more app, and high specs (the hot talked Slider prototype, anyone? ) and I am sold.

Just my two cents worth.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 07:39 PM
    You might have hit the nail on the head! I have tried several top tier devices. iPhung devices just seem uneventful. They are great devices. But it's an improved camera. Faster processor. Quad HD screen. Stuff you would expect. Windows and Blackberry are doing some very different and well thought out designs which have resulted in some very real world advantages. A friend of mine who's in the auto industry made the statement a fees years back that it didn't matter how good of a drivetrain he designed because the vehicle would be purchased on how many cup holders the interior had.
    03-07-15 07:45 PM
    OP and response to the thread just goes not show there is no better or superior... just what works best you you.... does not make the competition less effective than what you use.... why people have to keep saying one thing is better than another is beyond me....
    03-07-15 07:49 PM
    Right on! Personally, I think the OS is not hard to navigate. In fact, I think it's even easier and more intuitive than the status quo... the problem is virtually everyone has or had an iPhone and longtime iOS users have been sold on the idea that Apple's OS "IS" the best, most advance and groundbreaking platform and users are used to it...so use to it in fact that iOS is embedded into their muscle memory...they don't know any better...and even if they did, their ignorance is bliss.

In my opinion, BlackBerry 10 is a far FAR superior OS platform. And the gestures and operation is even more intuitive than the rest.

iOS was/is successful by DEFAULT for the same reason legacy BlackBerry OS was successful at one point as well...simply because they were both first of its kind. In today's world of Apple, Android, Windows and BlackBerry OS's... Apple is by far the worst and most outdated OS... If BLACKBERRY were to disappeared tomorrow, I'd buy a Windows phone in a heartbeat before I would even consider iPhone or Android

Posted via CB10
    Love your post but being honest and hope I don't get flamed. I am that guy who owns a blackberry and an iPhone. I can't go without a blackberry for too long, I can't use blackberry as my sole device because of reliability.

Example, I run a lot and use iPhone app Run Keeper to track running. One morning, I tried to use the passport to run with app name Casca Run pro. Every 30 seconds I got a GPS lost notification. My point the iPhone just works, but I am a true blackberry addict, I miss blackberry when I don't have one.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 08:14 PM
    I evidently strayed from my purpose here. The Passport is a wonder device. Frankly I personally feel it fits my non business world just fine. I don't know of any forty something's or older who watch movies or play games on their phonesas a rule. For the occasional YouTube or movie trailer the smaller screen is fine. Reading emails, surfing the Internet and texting definitely. Keeping track of the kids and grandkids on Facebook sure. And actually talking to someone,you bet. At which this device excels! If my judgements were made from proffessional reviewers and my local sales people, I would never even consider this phone. Yet the more I use it the more I love this device. I feel the Passport is highly under rated and to some degree misrepresented. The best phone is the one that works the best for you. But how do you find that phone?
    03-09-15 06:06 PM