I thought I would post a new thread since I now have both cases that I ordered and since the Leather Shell is the deal of the day today thought it would be fitting for you guys to see some pics and my first impressions. I will say that I love the leather shell so much over the hard shell I just ordered another one from CB since it is on sale today! I'm sure it'll get use eventually when the Passport price decreases a bit and nothing like having the leather shell as a backup. Also worth noting is a screen protector is included. From the other thread...

Switched the red Passport from the Smoked Rinque Fusion to the Amzer Shellster & switched the black Passport from the regular Hard Shell to the Leather Flex/Hard Shell from BlackBerry. Received both today. First impressions = the leather flex shell looks so much more elegant than the regular hard shell and I have always liked the hard shell as it was very minimalistic and didn't really seem like there was a case on it. As for the red Passport, I really couldn't take the fingerprints/grease/smudges on the rinque fusion smoked case and it was also a bit much as I have always kept phones naked just with a screen protector.

With the Passport I have always wanted some protection, but not anything that hides the design and have been looking for cases that would actually complement the device. I am really impressed at how much more expensive and elegant the leather shell looks and feels over the hard shell... not to mention it opens as a stand if needed. The amzer shellster also has a holster which I don't usually use and have not messed around with much as of yet, but also has a stand as well. I like both much better. I will say that the rinque fusion case will definitely offer more protection than the shellster, but I'll just have to be more careful!

Anyway, promised some pics so they are below. Don't mind the not so great quality and picture resizing... pics 1, 2, 3, & 4 are with the hard shell and rinque fusion with the rest (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, & 10) being the leather shell and the amzer shellster (without holster/stand).
    04-29-15 11:48 AM
    I find it quite strange when people discuss how they usually go naked with phones but feel the need to slap a case on the passport.

This phone is a damn tank, just seems completely backwards to me.
    kertong likes this.
    04-29-15 12:02 PM
    I find it quite strange when people discuss how they usually go naked with phones but feel the need to slap a case on the passport.

This phone is a damn tank, just seems completely backwards to me.
    I agree, but really feel both cases add to the device. I can't express how much the leather shell turns the device into a very premium looking device. Not that it isn't already, but wow. It is also so minimal most won't even realize it's a case and just looks like a premium leather back cover. Definitely loving the leather shell which can also be used as a stand and comes with a screen protector for those interested.

The Amzer for the red Passport also is a neat looking case which shows off the red on the top, bottom, and back yet tones it down just enough. This has a more rugged look to it. I personally find it enjoyable to try different cases even if I've never really used cases much in the past.

So far enjoying both and as I wrote... the leather shell is the deal of the day so thought this deserved a new thread. At least for today. I'd definitely recommend this sale!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 12:27 PM
    I have both of these cases as well. Love the Leather flex, looks great, and the kick stand comes in handy, but very little protection.

Ringke looks and feels good, offers more protection, I just have to remove every few days to clean out lint and fingerprints.

Posted via my OGBBPP!
    04-29-15 12:49 PM
    I have both of these cases as well. Love the Leather flex, looks great, and the kick stand comes in handy, but very little protection.

Ringke looks and feels good, offers more protection, I just have to remove every few days to clean out lint and fingerprints.

Posted via my OGBBPP!
    Worked a rough shift and pretty sure that the deal of the day is over. Was about the same I paid on Amazon for the leather shell. I quoted your post as you have the leather flex shell. I cannot emphasize how much better this looks on the Passport over the regular hard shell which I thought was great. They are very similar (basically the same) in protection (4 corners), but the leather shell looks like a premium leather back cover.

The hard shell saved my Passport a few times and I'm sure the leather will as well if needed with the same protection. Now have a black and white hard shell which I won't be going back to. Don't plan on using the stand on the leather, but nice addition anyway and ordered another from CB as a Passport sale later may be tempting and absolutely love the leather shell with screen protector. May tempt me to throw a white Passport on the credit card if I can get a nice price down the line.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 03:40 AM