Hi All,
    I hate to ask this question. 1) because maybe I should be looking for another phone, but I like BB10 and the keyboard and 2) because this may have been asked already.

But I just got an email from Blackberry saying that they are selling a brand new PassPort for $249. In the fine-print it says that it's not compatible with Verizon.

Ok, I'm not a phone geek, but is there a way to a phone that says it's not Verizon compatible to run on the Verizon network. I know at one time Verizon did carry the PassPort.

Thanks for any comments.
    09-22-16 05:11 PM
    Verizon never collaborated with BlackBerry on a Passport. Verizon never carried or activated a BlackBerry Passport.
    So, no Verizon branded Passport and no CDMA voice Passport.

It is possible that Verizon's VoLTE would work, but that would require Verizon to activate and allow it on the device and they have a very long history of not doing so on non-Verizon branded devices.

Basically, you can probably get it to work on data on your own, but it wont work for cell phone calls.
    NewPreKnox likes this.
    09-22-16 05:18 PM
    I know at one time Verizon did carry the PassPort.
    No they didn't.

And as for your question, I can't remember of anyone ever getting a Passport to work satisfactorily on Verizon.
    NewPreKnox likes this.
    09-22-16 05:19 PM
    Oh great -- no "cell phone calls." Just what I want. ha, ha.
    Thanks!
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    09-22-16 05:31 PM
    Well you're the second to give me the sad and bad news, but thank you anyway.

I have the Q10. I'm going to have to figure out what to do. The phone still works, etc so no emergency. Oh well, what to do?
    Thank you!
    09-22-16 05:34 PM
    Well you're the second to give me the sad and bad news, but thank you anyway.

I have the Q10. I'm going to have to figure out what to do. The phone still works, etc so no emergency. Oh well, what to do?
    Thank you!
    Q10, Classic, Priv. That's the Verizon BlackBerry keyboard lineup.
    NewPreKnox likes this.
    09-22-16 05:42 PM
    Oh great -- no "cell phone calls." Just what I want. ha, ha.
    Thanks!
    Verizon is moving their whole network to VoLTE and will eventually shut down the CDMA network. I know several people happily using non Verizon branded phones on Verizon. I do not know if the Passport can run on Verizon's VoLTE network.
    09-22-16 07:22 PM