Does anyone know if BlackBerry plans on adding new functionality to the passports virtual/physical keyboard in 10.3.1?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 07:42 PM
    What new functionality would you like to see? It's pretty revolutionary as it is, but maybe there's something else specific you're looking for? Personally, I'd like it if you could get the "WER-SDF-XCV-Q" keys to correspond to numbers while IN a call (i.e. Voicemail)

Posted via CB10
    mossa210 likes this.
    10-29-14 08:36 PM
    I would love to swipe between photos using the keyboard or pinch to zoom in the browser. Maybe navigating and selecting apps while on the home screen like the BlackBerry Classic.

Posted via CB10
    dejanh, Tompire and mossa210 like this.
    10-29-14 09:05 PM
    Keyboard shortcuts are there for the passport, too.
    10-29-14 09:09 PM
    I don't need anymore keyboard shortcuts the one thing I would like to see is being able to have access to the quick settings menu from the lock screen. Currently I have the flashlight on my quick settings menu but is I need to access it I need to unlock the phone then swipe down to bring the quick settings menu. It would be nice if you you can use one finger swipe down from the lock screen to get the quick settings menu and two finger swipe down to put it in bed side mode. Of course of you have bed side mode on you quick settings you really do not need the two finger swipe down.

Posted from my Crackberry 10 App on Blackberry Passport
    10-29-14 10:21 PM
    I would like to swipe between pictures also using the keyboard. Also swiping between the hub and the home pages would be nice. I find myself trying to do this often. The less I have to touch the screen the better. However it's very impressive the way it is

Posted via CB10
    EsJayDee and dejanh like this.
    10-29-14 10:29 PM
    I find some emails with graphics still need to be zoomed out or scrolled horizontally to view the entire page. I don't think that the keyboard can scroll left and right and I think it really should. It would be great if it could also swipe into the hub and between icon screens as well.
    And lastly, text selection from the keyboard is great; and now "cut, copy, and paste" keyboard shortcuts would be perfect!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    10-29-14 10:51 PM
    It should be a good point to know if keyboard has multitouch support and use it in browser with pinch to zoom...

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 12:48 AM
    Copy and paste using the keyboard and the ability to pull up the virtual keyboard at will by swiping with two fingers up, just like on the BlackBerry 10 touch devices.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 01:02 AM
    It should be a good point to know if keyboard has multitouch support and use it in browser with pinch to zoom...

Posted via CB10
    I believe it is multi touch. If you go into twitter, put your finger over QAZ and swipe. It should move you over to trending.

Actually, just touch the keyboard anywhere and swipe left or right. Will move you over.
    10-30-14 02:03 AM
    I'd rather be interested if the Passport's will be updated with the functions of the Classic's trackpad. I am talking about stuff like mouse pointer in browser for example. Of course being able to scroll through single app symbols doesn't make sense if you can't perform an action to launch them.

Posted via CB10
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-30-14 02:18 AM
    I'd rather be interested if the Passport's will be updated with the functions of the Classic's trackpad. I am talking about stuff like mouse pointer in browser for example. Of course being able to scroll through single app symbols doesn't make sense if you can't perform an action to launch them.

Posted via CB10
    Double-tap to bring up the mouse while in the browser would be awesome. Another tap to select the item.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 08:38 AM
    Just have to say, the ideas in this thread are making my mouth water lol

My passport really could be infinitely better, lol thought it was hard to improve on perfection, but alas I was wrong :]

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 12:52 AM
    I hope there will be a cursor when browsing.

- Charles
    10-31-14 05:28 AM
    Copy and paste using the keyboard and the ability to pull up the virtual keyboard at will by swiping with two fingers up, just like on the BlackBerry 10 touch devices.

Posted via CB10
    Just swipe DOWN (with one finger) on the keyboard and the virtual rows pop up.. way more convenient than using the two fingers swipe up..

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 05:42 AM
    A way to enable then 'lock' the virtual keyboard so that it's there all the time when typing. Or is that there already?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 06:00 AM